50 Greatest Battle Rappers of All-Time: T-Rex

Discussion in 'The 50 Greatest Battle Rappers of All-Time' started by gregrieke20, Oct 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. serge dot T

serge dot T Shotgun Serge

Hahaha you added the quote!!! Good shit as always.
    test
  2. ChopChoiceBeats

ChopChoiceBeats a.k.a ESKIMO SPLIF

is the book out to buy yet?
    test
  3. gregrieke20

gregrieke20 Well-Known Member

Tech's definitely one of my current favorites, however, he falls just short of the top 50 imo. Just in terms of longevity, prior competition, etc.

Some people have said Arsonal should be there at this point. what do people think about that?

here is the full list (i believe its fully updated): http://board.rapmusic.com/50-greate...battlers-all-time-illustrations-complete.html
    test
  4. Mrjdm998

Mrjdm998 New Member

Arsonal should be in.
    test
  5. Browser

Browser 455450

perfect quote selection, good shit.
    test
  6. gregrieke20

No, lol. and I know its been a while, but its going to be like a full-on 150-200 page book, that I'm designing solely myself, so it takes a minute.

Its neither myself or Joe's actual job, so its hard to keep it at the very top of our lists of priorities, but trust that its progressing nicely, and that I've talked with several publishers a few of which definitely see this as being the real thing as each new page/spread is completed.

I appreciate the patience from everyone definitely.
    test
  7. My Name Is Bob

My Name Is Bob New Member

test
  8. gregrieke20

test
  9. TheGodOfPez

TheGodOfPez Whiskey for breakfast

This book is gonna be too dope.
    test
  10. My Name Is Bob

My Name Is Bob New Member

For real, though, I'm VERY happy T-Rex was included in the book. He definitely deserves it.

Shoutout to Greg & Joe.

Also, Greg, do you have a picture with a higher resolution? I wanna turn it into a poster for my room.
    test
  11. gregrieke20

lmfao...Bob>>>

(if you are serious I could email or pm you the original file)
    test
  12. swpstateofmind

swpstateofmind i got da burna

My favorite one, personally.

Rex is the fucking man. Harlem and Philly spawned the best battle rappers TBH.
    test
  13. BasedNIGLETT

BasedNIGLETT THROWIN LOGS OUTA CHIMNEY

why did no one find my picture funny i drew the thing on his ear :(:(:(:(
    test
  14. ChopChoiceBeats

ChopChoiceBeats a.k.a ESKIMO SPLIF

Co-fuckin-sign
    test
  15. gregrieke20

I'd really wanted this interview to be in person, just because Rex is such a character. But due to schedule differences we had to do it over the phone. The guy was mad cool and willing to help out in any way. The way he talked about Big L was awesome, he said he would watch him battle or cypher as a little kid, and that he wanted to be just like him.

Also in the initial paragraph that came from the interview as well. I asked Rex about how he felt about being looked at as a "villain" all the time in his battles, and he said it was a role he definitely embraced. He said when he was little he would always cheer for the bad guys. His favorite character was The Joker as a kid and that he would cry when the bad guys like Razor Ramon would lose in their wrestling matches...I know "cool story bro", lol, but I thought it was really dope.
    test
  16. gregrieke20

Yea, I really liked this one as well. Joe does such a great job of bringing out every guys' "personality" or whatever in the bios. Its extremely impressive imo.

I also agree about Harlem and Philly. Not sure who'll be the next in line for Harlem though...cuz it doesn't look like K-Shine, lol. Not sure how young Clips is.
    test
  17. swpstateofmind

Lol @ that wrestling story.

Razor Ramon was that bull, he was one of my favorites back in the day. Him and Diesel.

Greg, did you ever get in touch with Reign Man / Izzie? I'm dying for that article!
    test
  18. Mrjdm998

Mrjdm998 New Member

Co-sign Harlem. Philly though? Nah.
    test
  19. swpstateofmind

Harlem & Philly >>

Everyone knows this, my dude. E Ness, Reign Man / Izzie Farreal, Reed Dollaz, Tech 9, Steel, Eddie Morris, Hollowman, etc etc I can keep going...
    test
  20. gregrieke20

Yea, I got a hold of him. Had the interview with him, and he was a huge help. I believe that'll be the next one posted. Not sure though, I gave Joe like 5 different ones at the same time. As said, I'm definitely not gonna post them all from here on out, but I'll post that one for sure just for the Philly cats on here.

Thanks so much again for putting me in contact with him Ray, I wasn't sure how I'd get a hold of him cuz I didn't know his name changed, and I couldn't find him on FB or anything. Thanks again bro.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.