50 Greatest Battle Rappers of All-Time: T-Rex

Discussion in 'The 50 Greatest Battle Rappers of All-Time' started by gregrieke20, Oct 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gregrieke20

gregrieke20 Well-Known Member

I am a graphic designer, and this is a follow up on a book I'm creating noting the 50 greatest battlers of all-time. By now, I know a good number of you are aware of it.

RegularJoe, (a poster on here) offered to write the bios and has begun working on some of them. I tried doing it myself at the beginning, but I figured it'd be best to leave a writer to do that portion of the work, and I feel its been a DEFINITE improvement. Each spread of the book will be set up so the battler's illustration is on one page, and his bio is on the other.

I will be posting them every so often on here, and I encourage feedback, criticism, other info, and whatever else you all can offer.

Below is both the bio itself, and how it will appear in the book. This is T-Rex's. Thanks again, all previous feedback has been a huge help.

Also, all the previous spreads that were posted can be found in a new subforum. Here is the link: http://board.rapmusic.com/50-greatest-battle-rappers-all-time/

[​IMG]
    • Hot Thread Hot Thread x 1
    test
  2. gregrieke20

T-Rex was the type of kid who would cheer for the Joker. It was nothing against Batman. He had respect for the hero and what he did, but there was something more powerful about the villain in his eyes. Something about the carefree way he attracted hatred, and embraced it. The way people always had to take notice when he was on the set. Some people find it hard to understand that mentality, that appetite for destruction. Then again, some people just want to watch the world burn.

For Rex, being born and raised on the streets of Harlem in the mid-80s meant battle rap was his birthright. He grew up knowing how much it took to be someone in his neighborhood. Inspired by watching Big L cypher at a young age, Rex took to battling when he was 11, and was known across Harlem by the time he was 15. Battling the likes of Loaded Lux, Jae Millz, Reed Dollaz, and JR Writer in his mid-teens, his skills were forged in an intensely competitive environment, one that he earned stripes and respect in with ease.

In 2003 Rex made his debut on SMACK DVD, facing off against Un Kasa in a marathon 6 round match. He brutalized his fellow Harlemite, the first in a series of classic performances Rex would churn out over the next five years. He took on Detroit veteran Young Miles in one of the closest battles in SMACK history, and he also snapped off an undefeated streak at Fight Klub. In what he calls his favorite battle he's ever been involved in, he gave a young Tech 9 a chance to shine, and produced a classic that fans still discuss. The owner of one of battle rap's all time great deliveries, Rex combined impeccable flow and rhythm with unmatched aggression and a barking vocal tone to bully his opponents. He retired in 2008 at the top of his game.

But a long standing feud with Brooklyn's Math Hoffa would bait Rex out of retirement in the newly formed Ultimate Rap League. The two put down a legendary battle at the first URL megaevent, firmly placing the new league in a prominent place in the battling world. He followed up the performance by traveling to California to battle Okwerdz in his home state, a brutal affair that ended a year long beef between the two. Most recently, Rex threw down with Conceited at Summer Madness, the largest URL event ever thrown, in what was the highlight battle of the evening.

Today, Rex says he has a renewed love for battling. He plans to continue making music his primary focus, but has no plans to leave the ring behind anytime in the near future. After all, it's in his roots. And his blood. He says even his two year old son loves watching his pops battle. The same way any son of Harlem should.
    test
  3. IllerThanYou

IllerThanYou Well-Known Member

Kind of favors Tech-9 in the pic but everything else is a go.

Keep it up fam.
    test
  4. ProfessorU

ProfessorU Legendary Russian Fresh

Wooooow Good shit!
    test
  5. gregrieke20

Also, for those curious, I know these have been posted more sporatically, but trust that a lot more of this has been completed. I just didn't want to post it all, so as to build more anticipation.
    test
  6. abiramnathan

abiramnathan New Member

after t-rex

u should make one for kid twist cuz he deserves it
    test
  7. Panda...

Panda... New Member

neighbourhood watch mmmmmm
    test
  8. Barrax

Barrax Movin on UP

bout time the nigga Rex get some respect
    test
  9. gregrieke20

Twist will be in the book. Though a phone interview isn't as likely due to the fact he is in a different country. I've sort of "interviewed" him in a way through facebook, though it hasn't been completed. His will be done eventually. And I agree, he definitely deserves it.
    test
  10. TheProle

TheProle Pls go, Milhouse.

Picture looks too much like Tech. Other than that good job.
    test
  11. Barrax

Barrax Movin on UP

honestly, when i think of Rex, i think of that still screen from the Cortez and Math "Worst bars of 2011"

the surrogation shit :funny:

but hands down one of my favorite battlers
    test
  12. BasedNIGLETT

BasedNIGLETT THROWIN LOGS OUTA CHIMNEY

test
  13. gregrieke20

test
  14. BasedNIGLETT

BasedNIGLETT THROWIN LOGS OUTA CHIMNEY

edited so you can tell its rex haaaaaaanh lets go