50 Greatest Battle Rappers of All-Time: Breez Evahflowin

Discussion in 'The 50 Greatest Battle Rappers of All-Time' started by gregrieke20, Feb 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Poison Pen

Poison Pen Fuck a Freestyle

fuck that swann battle. breez is my sensei & one of the best & most influential battle mc's ever. STRONGHOLD. If you're on the battle scene, you should definitely learn your history on this shit. Breez is a legend.
    test
  2. Stock IV

Stock IV fevrier

".....like motherfuckin aquaman"

*sound of crickets*
    test
  3. ItsNation

ItsNation New Member

Breez is one of those MCs that shook up the battle scene before it went all 8 Mile, and then eventually became a rhythm-less (took the beat away) pre-meditated comedy show. I believe he was Blaze Battle Champ, Direct Effects, Carson Daily Show, and EOW champ multiple times, including 2011 where he didn't even want the title. He passed it along to some other young buck, forgot his name.

Funny how Swann comes up a lot in forums when you mention Breez. Breez has done more for Battling than most of you will ever realize. That's the youtube generation though.

Where is Swan now btw? Anyone know?
    test
  4. gregrieke20

gregrieke20 Well-Known Member

We still have a little left to go until completion, but there is one publisher in particular that seems to think its worth going forward with, not certain with that, but the feedback they've given seems very positive at this point (though of course I've sent the idea and links out to others as well).

I know its taken quite some time, but its essentially two guys working on a full on 175-200 page book with illustrations, interviews, bios, etc., plus its neither of our jobs, and I think we'd both admit we've occasionally not put it too high on our list of priorities. Its also been difficult to contact some of the guys, but thanks to the help of many people on this site and elsewhere I've been put in contact with the good majority, and hope to soon reach all of the people on the list.

All that said, the support for this book is incredibly motivating and greatly appreciated. Even though the majority of battle fans (myself included) can be very cynical and negative about a lot of things battle related, everyone has seemed to enjoy this project for the most part, regardless of their feelings on the list or whatever. Its been really dope to see fans who are of different backgrounds, preferences, and so forth all sort of come together and like the idea and really support the project. No homo.
    test
  5. gregrieke20

If a mod could please move this to the sun forum that would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Biotch! You wish you had a phone like mine...
    test
  6. JONNY STORM

JONNY STORM Dominiking

Pen said it, trust that Swann was still drinking from a bottle when Breez was at his peak
    test
  7. Crescent Swerve

Crescent Swerve Well-Known Member

i got mad respect for Breez ,, i heard him on tracks with big names before i even saw him battle (around 2000)

the swann battle was a classic example of BARZ VS JOKES ,, he talks about it all through the battle that swann just pauses and tells jokes
    unfortunately swanns swag and jokes were just to strong that night ,, each line was hitting on some knockout haymaker shit ,, there wasnt much breez who wasnt spittin ANY PREMEDITATED punches could do ----->

swann vs Breez Evaflowin (I HAVE ONE WITH BETTER AUDIO QUALITY ON MY COMP BUT IM TO LAZY TO UPLOAD IT) ---->
    [youtube]hZvF0A5s164[/youtube]

battles back when breez was really killin shit werent captured as much on video , so unfortunately we dont got that many vids of him really beastin
    test
  8. Crescent Swerve

Crescent Swerve Well-Known Member

BREEZ BEATING 2 time Scribble Jam Champion ( NO NOT THE SAURUS ) , ADEEM -->

[youtube]rq-RAsEY8mE[/youtube]

swann beating another underground legend Lonnie B -->
    [youtube]t7ibYmzUAkI[/youtube]
    test
  9. EmceeGoddess

EmceeGoddess Disgruntled Man

*probably the weakest nigga in ya crew
    test
  10. gregrieke20

^ thanks eg...appreciate what I'm assuming is support :)
    test
  11. gregrieke20

If a mod could move this to the sub forum, that'd be appreciated...thanks
    test
  12. gregrieke20

:(...
    test
  13. Pillsman

Pillsman Pill Collector

seriously when is this book droppin?
    test
  14. Loe Pesci

Loe Pesci New Member

this man thinks my name is Joe Pesci
    test
  15. Kunty McPhuck

Kunty McPhuck aka Mr C U Next Tuesday

Same day as Detox
    test
  16. DSPiiZe Me

DSPiiZe Me New Member

test
  17. Prisca62

Prisca62 New Member

I have heard his album As he goes. Loved the music. Really awesome and breath taking composition. He has done many amazing songs.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.