50 Cent's Hooks...

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by ANDtheMC, Oct 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mstyle

Mstyle New Member

Gotta agree......though 6.2 would suck for a olympic figure skater, you cant consider it below or above average until you determine of what. 6.2 is above average if you are considering what scores everyone you tried to figure skate is.; however a 6.2 would be probably slightly below avg if you are considering other olympic quality skaters.......same thing with 50.......it all depends on who the group you are averaging.
    test
  2. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

false... we are judging them based on the level they're at... otherwise, nobody could say Jacque Jones sucks cuz he's obviously better than the majority of basketball players considering he's made it into the NBA...

logically, I would grade 'em based on what I expect from the level they're at... just as in ANY level of sports with ratings, a 6.2 is not good... even diving (pool) a 6.2 would be bad...
    test
  3. Ice Fluid

Ice Fluid Flow with the Fluid.

The devil believes in god and he isn't in heaven.
    test
  4. mike ockburns

mike ockburns New Member

Well despite the fact that what level they are at has nothing to do with what number you assign as average, I'm curious to know what "level" do you think 50 is at? You expect rappers to be good just cause they're famous? When it comes to music the level of skill and the level of fame often are far from parallel.
    test
  5. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

He's at a professional level whether he deserves it or not... He still has to be compared to that level... Just as when Mo Vaughn was in the pros makin' millions of dollars and he obviously was finished... He was bein' said to be BAD... Why? Because he's in the pros and not performing up to what pros are supposed to...

Goin' out again... I'll respond later... AND -1-
    test
  6. THEDONN- closed

THEDONN- closed pac and biggie rule 4eva

haha only white nerds type dude like du'

str8 up
    test
  7. Prominance

Prominance I'm Blacker, Trust Me

well if you graded it however you feel with whatever scale you want then I guess the grade you gave is pretty meaningless.

Everyone knows an A in Harvard in Physics 101 doesnt equal an A in Your nearest COmmunity college in Physics 101. An A in Harvard means you where in the top percentile among those who took the class. A grade of A is NOT the same in any academic grading context. Schools are ranked for a reason. Harvard is Ivy league for a reason. Holding a degree from a community college is less than from a State College for a reason.

exactly there are different grading systems. Even within Academia. COlleges typically grade on a curve, and use median grades to dictate the average. If you do not know what a statistical bell curve is go read it up.

how a 1-10 scale equates to a high school 0-100 percentage grading scale is beyond me. Noone says they got a 6.5 in Math, the say they got 65%. If you wanted to grade on a high school scale you shoulda said I give him a 65%.
    test
  8. Prominance

Prominance I'm Blacker, Trust Me

Again, high school grading system are on a 0-100 scale not 1-10. And just because 6.2 equals 62% doesnt make you right for saying that. And you keep on referring to PUBLIC high school grading systems, one of the many grading systems out there, and certainly not a standard. Private Schools do not follow that system. The school I went to graded on a curve much like pretty much all colleges do.
    test
  9. THEDONN- closed

5 would be average for 1-10

dude said he 6.2, its above.,

but thatz andy the fat coldplay lover he will argue till he blue in the face, even tho he wrong
    test
  10. KelvinMcSnoogin

KelvinMcSnoogin Biggedawg gave the name

wow donn has got sonned over and over by andthemc.

Oz you a window shoooper, mad at me, i think i know why
    marsellus, you a window shoooper, at the jewlery store, looking at shit you cant buy
    donn, you a window shooooooper, at the dealership trying to get a test drive
    Kris Kraff, you a window shoooper, mad as fuck when you see me ride by
    test
  11. THEDONN- closed

wow this guy is so original
    test
  12. KelvinMcSnoogin

KelvinMcSnoogin Biggedawg gave the name

your clumsy and dumb like a hand with five thumbs.
    test
  13. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

6.5 outta 10 is equivalent to 65 outta 100 which is equivalent to 65%

my grading system makes perfect sense
    test
  14. E. Fate

E. Fate Guest

What we're trying to say, is your grading system works if this was high school, college, etc...but in the world of mathematics, that would still make him above average.
    test
  15. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

False... There's no average from 1-10... It's one digit because it's ONE number in between 1 and 10... It's based on your grading system... As a teacher, some people are more critical.. They will judge on a harder scale... 6.2/62 is below average

And this has nothing to do with mathematics because we are not averaging out numbers... You're misusing the term... This is not the mathematical form of average that we're using... Go to dictionary.com and figure it out cuz what we're talkin' 'bout is average on a whole different criterion......
    test
  16. THEDONN- closed

du' on a scale from 1 to 10 the middle the average is 5...6 is above average.
    test
  17. Mr. sickVisionz

Mr. sickVisionz The Gentleman's Producer

^

Nah, the other cat (AND) is right. Average has nothing to do with being the middle number. Thats what the median is. To get the average you'd have to find a bunch of scores and do this:

[Sum of Scores] / [Total Number of Scores]

If three people took a test and scored a 6/10, 9/10, and 7/10, the average won't be 5. Yeah, 5 is the middle number between the lowest possible score and the highest possible score, but that doesn't mean its the average score.
    test
  18. THEDONN- closed

the numbers are 1 thru 10.

average would be in the middle.

6.2 would be above average;.

i dont give a damn
    test
  19. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

thank you... finally, someone intelligent comes in here....
    test
  20. THEDONN- closed

it aint abou tbeing intelligent, its about being realitstic....on a average from 1-10 would be a 5.....this aint no math class, u aint no math physition, u wanna be white rapper who is fat and likes coldplay more then rap of 05, u cant tell me shit if i stepped in it--rassy kassy
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.