50 Cent's Hooks...

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by ANDtheMC, Oct 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prominance

Prominance I'm Blacker, Trust Me

And your dumbass tryna tell me I cannot count bars. You don't even know what a fucking bar is. You think a bar is just a set amount of time in a hiphop beat. Fucking dumbass, PEOPLE USED BARS IN MUSIC BEFORE HIPHOP EXISTED.

Mozart used bars to right his music. All the classical musicians did. THEY ORIGINATED THE CONCEPT OF A BAR in music. Curtis Blow did not. And go read some fucking sheet music. A bar can take up any amount of time and can be grouped however the fuck you want. Hence how you define a bar wether it is a hiphop beat, a flute piece, a piano piece, even strictly lyrical music is up the the muthafucka that wrote the music. You can say the bar in a hiphop beat is everytime the sample loops, I can say it is every 2nd time the sample loops, I can even say it is every 3rd time the sample loops. It makes no difference as long as I am consistent.

But maybe a bar to you is technically just a hiphop loop.

HA ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.........................
    test
  2. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

False... Who the fuck doesn't know what tempo means? And who the fuck doesn't know what time signature is? Just like you sayin' "beat measurement" and beat" were the same thing cuz you "use it in the same sense"... lmfao... GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE...

False... I caught myself misusing the word but I obviously knew what the word means... Of course, I don't know what tempo is but I knew that most beats on average are around 90-94 right? lmfao... RIGHHHH' ... try again

And false, we have no reason to even bring up bars cuz you proved you didn't know how to count them, claimin' that 4 bars was 2 bars... lmfao... wowww keep tryin' dawg

Why would I say 3 is good? LMFAO WTF!?!?!? 3.5 is average... anything below is below average... Once again, if I based whether I buy an album or not based on a magazine rating (which I don't but JUST SAY), ME and MANY OTHERS would not cop a 3 album... get the fuck outta here

False... most people won't cop a 3 mic album... You're "talkin' bullshit"... And who the fuck doesn't know "average is elss than good or best"!?!?! LMFAO... Wowww... You say the most obvious things and make it seem like you're actually makin' a point

yea... drop the sales for 3 mic albums... I bet there's less than a handful of rap albums that's gotten 3 or less mics that's gone platinum... go ahead

you talk actually actin' like you're makin' a point... go find them sales and get back to me... actually, you won't cuz you'll be wrong

NO... cuz length is a result of measurement... beat isn't a result of measurement... moron... seriously, that's just dumb...

and it isn't arbitrary... that even proves you're more of a moron... I won't even repeat why/how it is not cuz it's already been said in the other thread and you're obviously to dumb to come to the understanding

No, I said I was misusin' the term cuz I was thinkin' of the timing of the beat signature which is tempo... Once again, get smart

moron

stupid

ignoramus

stupidity at its finest

stupidity personified

you're finished...

keep tryin' though
    test
  3. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

just like no intelligent writer/lyricist would say someone could call antyhing a bar that they feel is a bar... lmfao... get smart

moron... and the spacing/timing in between each signature is what the tempo is based on... *shakes head* keep tryin'

*shakes head*

false... that's def'nitely fits you a LOT better
    test
  4. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

lmfao... I don't know what a bar is but meanwhile, you think that 4 bars is 2 bars... right? LMFAO!!! riiiigggghhhhh'... And no, a bar has nothign to do with a "hip hop beat"... moron... the bars you write have to coincide in the bars in the music/beat... we're talkin' about hip hop so I used it in that context... moron.... seriously, get smart

LMFAO at you puttin' words in my mouth... I never said a bar was only used in hip hop... *shakes head* I've even said it's used in singing so where are you comin' from? more bullshit from Prominance... nice try

maybe me sayin' I watched baseball today and since baseball is a sport, that would mean that I think baseball is sport... lmfao... seriously... get smart
    test
  5. Prominance

try again idiot. That aint what tempo is based on. You still do not know what time signature is and you still tryna claim it is related to the tempo. The length of something isnt related to the speed. Get smart moron.

Meaningless rambling.

Not anything they feel idiot, I never said that, I said they can organize their bars to their own tastes, just because 99% of hiphop producers use the same conventions for what a bar is does not mean it is written in stone, as long as whatever convention you use is consistent. Learn to read moron

90 to 94 what? beat Percentage points? Yams? Centimeters. Fucking dumbass still can't quantify a beat measurment. No one says the tempo of a beat is 94. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA My height is 120. Wow, that makes sense. Fucking dumbass. Try again

learn to read you dimwit. I said you can organize your music how you want. If I organize a hiphop beat so each bar is the end of every 2nd note in a hiphop beat then yes, 2 bars of my beat would be equal to one bar of most hiphop producers beat. It doesnt change the fact that my shit is a hiphop beat. I just chose to organize my loops/drum samples differently.

3 is average, not 3.5, 3.5 is above average. Have you read any magazines lately. NAME ONE THAT HASA LEGEND SAYING 3 is average. Get the fuck outta here.

Yeah, you know what tempo means. It is technically just time signature. Wow, great observation. I am so sorry this moron couldnt see how they are technically equivelant. I guess you just made me get smart.

Yes it is dumbass. Its a result of the measurement of the rythm. Its obvious you do not know what beat means as well. Damn, your moron rating just went up from 4 to 5 stars. Thats from good to best. Best fucking moron I've seen

Yup, all those apply to this statement below, and yes you misused the terms, that is obvious, you did cause all the above applies to you. Only a complete dumbass would misuse such a simple term such as tempo.

ha ha ha, that takes the cake for the misuse of multiple terms. And mishmashing sentences together. The repetitive loop on that same tempo... basically, what the fuck? Way to make sense there idiot.

if you knew what the word meant you wouldnt misuse it now would you. HA HA AH AHA HA HA HA, fucking dumbass. Try again. I knew what the word meant but I misused it. HA HA HA HA HA
    test
  6. Prominance

I know how to ride a bike but even with the side wheels I always fall sideways. Great riding skills there buddy
    test
  7. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

test
  8. Prominance

when u can point out the difference between beat and beat measurement then you can talk. Go ahead. What is the difference. I would like to hear that one.

And I never said 4 bars is 2 bars. Obviously you lack elementary reading comprehension skills. Go back to school.

Shows how much you now lol. BPM is ONE type of unit for measuring tempo. There are several. Hertz can measure tempo for example. Go do some reading you dumbass.

There is a difference between how the magazine rates and what grading scale they use. One is an application of the other (magazines rate shit USING a grading scale). I was only talking about the grading scale not how they rate. I never said what the Source rates average is actually average, I said the grading scale of 3 outta 5 means average to the source. Learn to read you moron.

Say what? Try again

Beat is the measurement of the rythm. I have said this since day one. You on the other hand have defined rythm and beat different ways and have said beat and beat measurement are not the same. Please attempt to state the difference between beat and beat measurement and define each one sperately. I AM LISTENING.

ANd in closing

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
    test
  9. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

LMFAO... Now you sayin' there's no difference again when you even stated in that thread that you were usin' the term wrong but that's how "YOU USE IT"!?!?!?? LMFAO!!!!!!!!! oh god... *shakes head*

you're example stated it... you turned four bars and wrote it in a way that you claimed it was 2 bars... I'm just summarizing what you did... WHICH YOU DID DO...

Okay... Good job... But PRODUCERS (once again, I'm in the studio and record and look at the soundboard and keyboards and the boards PERIOD) and that's obviously BPM... once again, go get smart dumbass

MORON... I completely understood if you read my reply correctly... You "learn to read you moron" I said fuck BOTH OF THEM... I mean their ratings and the scale they use to rate it... WHY? cuz look who's doin' the reviews..... You think I take their reviews or rating system seriously? Get f'real.......

forget it, if you can't figure it out... *shakes head*

No, rhythm is the measurement of the beat... You create the beat usin' the rhythm (which as I said, is a concept in your head cuz you can change it as you feel....) Say you're freestyling with a guitar... You're creating a rhythm in your head in order to create a beat to play to.... A beat doesn't exist... If you don't have rhythm, you cannot play that instrument

AND in closing... you've once again failed to say anything conclusive
    test
  10. Prominance

WHat bullshit. I never said that. I have always said repeteadly that beat is the same as beat measurement just as lenght is the same as length measurment. Infact it is redundant to say beat measurement because a beat is a measurement anyways. Get the fuck outta here, I have used NO TERMS WRONG. I do not use terms and say shit that is false, you do, quit tryna put me in the same level as your dumbasss, remember this

HA HA HA HA. You the one that admitted to misusing terms because you did, and very moronically I might add. I did no such thing. Please quote where I said beat IS NOT equal to beat measurement. YOU OBVIOUSLY CANNOT READ AND COMPREHEND SIMPLE ENGLISH.

Hiphop isn't the only kinda music you moron. And beat measurements are not only used in hiphop music you close minded dumb fuck.

Your stupid ass still has not pointed out the difference between a beat and beat measurement, how convenient of you to miss that challenge, so I'ma pose it again, whats the fucking difference Andy?

Thousands of publications, programs, newspapers, you name it, use the 5 point grade scale. Fuck all of them too. Your 1-100% HIGH SCHOOL grade scale which no publication/show/magazine etc uses is the superior one. Get the fuck outta here clown.

there is nothing to figure out, its like saying there is something to figure out in this

you cannot figure out what a statement is trying to say when the statement is nonsensical. Get smart and say shit that actually makes sense before telling people to figure it out.

So if you say moving boxes has no beat, then how can boxes ever be moved in a rythmic fashion? According to you the measurement of the beat is the rythm. So IF THERE IS NO BEAT TO MEASURE THEN YOU ARE SAYING THERE IS NO RYTHM. You claim dancing has no beat. So if it has no beat then the beat cannot be measured. And if it canno tbe measured then according to your moronic definition of rythm it cannot possibly have rythm. Yet any idiot knows alot of dancing is rythmic. Can you see how your definition of rythm is useless. Another misuse of terms as you like to put it. Try again idiot.

Rythm is NOT A FUCKING MEASUREMENT. No one says the rythm of a piano piece is 4/4. They say the beat or time signature. No one says the rythm of a pendulum is 8 Hertz, they say the beat or pulse or frequency. Get smart and read you dimwit. Rythm is not a measurement, beat is.

We both ended up concluding that this

made no sense. I corrected you. And you later on went to say you misused it. So yes, that is at least one thing that is conclusive (one of several things) AND that you agree on. Or are you going to flip flop and take back what you said and now say that that statement makes sense and you did not "misuse" any terms. Because that would not suprise me one bit
    test
  11. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

FALSE.... Beat measurement is not the beat you ignorant fuck... I say it again... BEAT IS NOT THE SAME AS BEAT MEASUREMENT just like CAR IS NOT THE SAME AS CAR MEASUREMENT... No, if I was tryna put you on the "same level" as me then I'd be given you the benefit of the doubt 'n doin' you a favor

I'm not goin' through the fuckin' chapters of arguments we had in that old thread... Fuck that... But I do remember you sayin' somethin' 'bout how that was why I was gettin' confused or some shit and I said I'm not confused... you're usin' the word wrong

WHO THE FUCK SAID ANYTHING ABOUT HIP HOP BEIN' THE ONLY GENRE TO USE BEAT MEASUREMENTS?!?!? lmfao... you're fuckin' stupid... who the fuck said anything of that nature? you seriously don't know how to read

yes I have... I've done it even in the other thread... go read... i did it several times there....

Ummm... WTF are you talkin' about? Kool Moe Dee (years and years ago) made a grading scale for grading MCs... your point is? I even have this book with his ratings for specific characteristics of MCs with A, B, C, D, and F grades...

there isn't aside from you figuring out you're wrong

false... you just don't understand and have no clue what the fuck you're talkin' about... wait, lemme retract that statement... you're misguided

It could be moved in a rhythmic fashion.... AND ONCE AGAIN, I told'chu... The rhythm is a concept in your head... If an inventor can think of an invention and how to make it from the mechanics to structure, it's non-existent until someone puts action to it and creates it... You're seriously dumb... I also explained this...

You can measure in your head (once again, the beat is the concept of the rhythm in your head)... Can you see that you're a complete moron? If you can't understand this, you further prove how dumb you are...

You ignoramus... Read what I wrote in the above response and learn somethin'

Who the fuck said I'm takin' anything back? moron... more stupidity from you
    test
  12. Prominance

Define a beat. Then define a beat measurement. You have not done this anywhere and you keep dodging this by saying you already did. If you have simply quote. I'm waiting. What is Car measurement? That term makes no sense on its on. COmparing Car and Car measurement is not the same as Beat/Beat measurement you dumbass.

If you knew that you wouldnt say the tempo is 94 like a fucking moron. Cuz tempo can taje on different units. You obviously did not know that when you said a number with no units. It is exactly like saying someones length is 160. You see it now dumbass

I'm talking about the 1-5 grade scale being more widely used than a 1-100% High school grading system. And you saying the 105 grade scale is bullshit is stupidity at its finest.

What nonsensical gibberish. Moving boxes in a rythmic fashion has nothing to do with concepts in your head. It is happening right in front of you. THe rythm of his movement is not conceptual. The movement of someone dancing is not in your head. It is a measurable thing. The beat is the measurement of that rhythm which you can physically or aurally observe idiot, wether that rythm is in your head or is happening right infront of you. Just as if you imagine a car that is 6 cm long you can imagine a beat that is 4/4 beat units or a pendulum swinging that is 0.96 seconds or 5 hertz. Wether it is in the realm of reality or in your imagination doesnt change its properties.

I will say it again, and quit avoiding the question, if you say the rythm is the measurement of the beat and moving boxes can be rythmic then how can it be rythmic if it has no beat measurement. And define beat vs. beat measurement. You keep dodging this cuz you have no fucking clue do you. Fucking moron.

I said I wouldnt be suprised you nitwit. And you did suprise me by not taking it back. Good for you. Idiot.

Never. I never do this. You do though. Remember this
    test
  13. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

YES IT IS... Car and beat are both nouns and measurement of the measurement of the nouns... It's a parallel...

And I have defined beat and beat measurement... Beat's basically somethin' that marks the tempo for you to stay on when either flowing or playin' an instrument...

Dictionary.com's definition:
    units OF rhythm... you see that? beat measurement is the rhythm... the rhythm measures the beat.... I've been sayin' that...

No, you moron... It's obvious tempo can be measured with different units but bpm is one of the most common, IF NOT, the most common... And if I refer to goin' into a studio and hearin' beats at 90-94, that's obviously talkin' in BPM... On the boards or keyboard or even the computer, it's goin' to show it in BPM...

You are an engineer right? moron

I didn't say the 1-5 grade scale is bullshit... I said the scale will be different based on the grader... And it bein' more widely used is a given but you sayin' nobody grades with the school grading system is even more stupid...

No, I'm sayin' the rhythm in your head is a concept UNTIL you take action... You can have the rhythm in your head but until you actually create a beat to it, there is NO BEAT... Just as you can think of movin' boxes at a certain rate/pace but until you do it, it's non-existent... The rhythm is a concept cuz you obviously get that rhythm in your head before you start playin'... ONCE AGAIN, you don't pick up a guitar and start freestyling on it without any thought/concept/idea of what tempo you'll play at or how you're gonna pace your notes... And yes it does change it's property... Thought/idea is thought/idea... Object in existence is an object in existence... COMPLETELY DIFFERENT

I've already explained both of these SEVERAL times in the last thread... and I've done it again... You're clearly the fuckin' moron that just hasn't understood

I said I wouldnt be suprised you nitwit. And you did suprise me by not taking it back. Good for you. Idiot.

Never. I never do this. You do though. Remember this[/QUOTE]
    test
  14. Prominance

Car and length are both nouns. So that means they are parallel right. Fucking dumbass. Car and Hiphop instrumental are parallel, the measurement of the cars length is parallel to the measurement of the hiphop instrumentals rythm. The unit for measuring the cars length cm) is parallel to measuring the unit for measuring the hihop instrumentals rythm (beat units e.g. 4/4, 2/2 etc).

Wow you just proved my point. Beat is a gesture used by a conductor to indicate such a unit OF RYTHM. (just as length indicates a UNIT OF DISTANCE). My God, you quoted a dictionary definition that coincides with my definition of a beat. A BEAT IS A STEADY SUCCESSION OF UNITS OF RHYTM! A beat is a unit of rythm. A beat is a type of unit. What has units? MEASUREMENTS DO. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA. Thanks for proving my point. Fucking moron.

I am an engineer.. If I built a nuclear reactor and specified the volume as 94 you think they would ever be able to build the reactor? When you state a measurement you put the units fucking dumbass. 94 means nothing without units, the fucking piano and studio quipment, does it say 94? Do all those studio software say 94 when you set the tempo. Don't all of them have the units right next to them? If there was no point in specifying units then the equipment would just have numbers with no units. get smart.

Moving boxes in a rhythmic fashion is not conceptual. Shut the fuck up and quit talking nonsense.

Pacing your notes is different from the underlying pattern or rythm of the notes. Time signature is not equal to tempo. HA HA HA HA HA.

You just posted from Dictionary.com that a beat is the unit of rythm. You just proved the point I have stated since day one which is the measurement of the rythm is the beat. You know what a unit is right. Read that definition again. Reread it. Again. Let it sink in. You lost.

You cannot read. When you say

A steady succession of units of rhythm.

it is like saying

a succession of units of distance.

what are the units of distance? Length. What are the units of rythm? Beat.

The distance does not measure length. The rythm does not measure the beat. The unit of how fast something moves in a certain direction is velocity. The unit of how fast something flows is the viscosity. You do not say that the unit of velocity or speed is how fast something flows. Jesus, you cannot read.

Th example was of someone actually moving boxes in a rythmic fashion idiot, we did not say if you imagine someone doing it, it was if someone IS MOVING the boxes in a rythm he has a beat. If someone bangs on a drum in a 4/4 pattern he has a beat does he not? What the fuck, again quit posting jibberish.

I said publications use the 1-5 (1 star to 5 star) grading system way more than the high school grading system. And the scale is not different between XXXL and Source, how they rate is. Get smart, two graders can use the same grade scale and still rate the same material differently, just because one teacher grades your paper 70% and the other grades it 80% does not mean the scale is different, the scale is still 0-100% moron, they just RATED the paper differently. RATING is the application of the grade scale. Different graders apply the SAME grade scale differently. The scale doesnt change.

The only time you defined beat was in that dictionary.com quote. And that definition is exactly my definition. And the definition says it is a unit of rythm. A unit of anything is A MEASUREMENT. As defined on dictionary.com, which you like to quote with authority

Wow, you have just been ate. And it was so delicious.
    test
  15. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

YOU FUCKIN' IMBECILE... I mean by the fact that they're objects bein' measured you ignoramus... It's not like a verb bein' measured by rate or time... Idiocy at its finest

*shakes head*

wow, you fuckin' idiot... LMFAO... just stupidity

the RHYTHM... not the beat you ignorant fuck... LMFAO... WTF!?!?! And I proved that you're wrong... A STEADY SUCCESSION OF UNITS OF RHYTHM

lmfao... moron... it's clear you're wrong and it's funny how you attempt to ignorant that part... g'job

You fuckin' moron... You don't have to put a unit... BPM is as common in the studio as if someone said how old are you and you said 20... "years old" doesn't need to follow cuz it's pretty obvious

ESPECIALLY after mentioning studio

NO you fuckin' idiot... OMG, you are seriously dumb.... I said the rhythm that you decide to work at... Once again, you ignorant fuck, if you're gonna go freestyle on a guitar, you have the rhythm in your head before you start playing... THAT'S A CONCEPT... until you put action to it, it's a CONCEPT... As rhythm is only a concept until a beat is put to it...

You can have a rhythm in your head and be thinkin' it but it's not existent until you take action... Just like you can think about gettin' a sandwich all day and until you do it you haven't done it.... IT'S ONLY A THOUGHT

I already said time signature is not tempo... moron... where you goin' at? you're done, it's sooo obvious

you have nothing to say

And no, you moron... It says "STEADY SUCCESSION OF UNITS OF RHYTHM"... idiot... the "steady succession" would be placed based on the rhythm meaning the rhythm sets where the steady successions would be.... oh god, you're dumb

that's kinda funny that you ignored this definition:

To mark or count (time or rhythm), especially with the hands or with a baton.

TO MARK OR COUNT (time or RHYTHM), meaning the rhythm is measuring the beat... idiot

Rhythm does measure the beat.... The rest are givens... Jesus, you're truly dumb

Th example was of someone actually moving boxes in a rythmic fashion idiot, we did not say if you imagine someone doing it, it was if someone IS MOVING the boxes in a rythm he has a beat. If someone bangs on a drum in a 4/4 pattern he has a beat does he not? What the fuck, again quit posting jibberish.

I said publications use the 1-5 (1 star to 5 star) grading system way more than the high school grading system. And the scale is not different between XXXL and Source, how they rate is. Get smart, two graders can use the same grade scale and still rate the same material differently, just because one teacher grades your paper 70% and the other grades it 80% does not mean the scale is different, the scale is still 0-100% moron, they just RATED the paper differently. RATING is the application of the grade scale. Different graders apply the SAME grade scale differently. The scale doesnt change.

The only time you defined beat was in that dictionary.com quote. And that definition is exactly my definition. And the definition says it is a unit of rythm. A unit of anything is A MEASUREMENT. As defined on dictionary.com, which you like to quote with authority

blah blah blah
    test
  16. Urizen

Urizen I hate humans

I have to agree 50 aint saying shit lyricly
    but his hooks are dope
    the man is a hit making machine
    test
  17. Prominance

The beat marks or counts rythm. That means it measures rythm. Hence the beat is the measurement/count of rythm. How do you count distance? With length units. How do you count how fast something is going, with velocity units. I do not even have to post 100 paragraphs on this. You are done.

What verb? Beat is not a verb. Rythm is not a verb it is a noun. Length is not a verb. It is a noun. What verb is being measured by rate or time? Neither beat nor rythm are verbs idiot, and we do not take measurements of verbs, we take measurements of nouns (properties of) something. The length of a desk is NOT A VERB idiot. The speed of a car is not a verb. The beats per second of a musical piece IS NOT A VERB. HA HA HA AH AH AH AH HA you do not even know the difference.

Another stupid quote. ha ha ha ha ha ha, shit just keeps building

to ignorant that part. Ouch. Bad grammar at its finest

Yes the equipment, when specifying tempo, has BPM next to the number, post studio quipment that has tempo numbers without bpm units next to it. I'm waiting. Fucking moron

You have a rythm in your head to play a guitar. You play a guitar to that rythm in your head. Lets say its 4/4 at 86 beats per minute tempo. Once you start playing that guitar by plucking the strings, guess what, the rythm now exists outside your head and in anyone's reality who choses to sit right next to you and listen to the guitar piece, and any moron can sit down next to you, listen to the guitar rythm, count of the beats and determine it is a 4/4 piece with a 86 beats per minute tempo. When I gave the example of the person moving boxes I did not mean he is thinking of the rythm at which to move the boxes, I meant he is actually moving the boxes AT THAT RYTHM. IDIOT

Yes it is, because you cannot measure rythm if you only have one instance of it. You cannot bang a drum once and say what is the beat? You have to have a succession of rythms to be able to take a beat measurement. This is a given.

What does mark or counting something give you. When You count the distance between two points and attribute units to it what does it give you idiot? It gives you length. When you mark time or count time or rythm it gives you a unit measurement. That measurement is the beat as defined by dictionary.com.

What are you even arguing here. Dictionary.com says this exactly

BEAT =

to mark or count time or rythm.

This simply means the beat MARKS OR COUNTS TIME OR RYTHM. i.e THE BEAT MARKS OR COUNTS RYTHM. THE BEAT counts the rythm. How does that definition imply the rythm is measuring the beat. JESUS CHRIST. READ! FUCKING READ WHAT YOU QUOTED. What the fuck is wrong with you huh? The beat marks the rythm. That is what it says. You know what it means to mark something? To mark something is to measure, is to attribute units or measure. What the hell is wrong with you.

Oh. My. God. You said beat means to mark or count (time or rhythm), then go on to say that means the rhythm is measuring the beat. Then you proceed to call me the idiot?

BEAT MEANS TO MARK OR COUNT (time or rhytm)

BEAT = TO MARK RHYTHM.

LENGTH = TO MARK DISTANCE

Only a moron would go on to say distance is measuring the length. Or you would argue that distance measures length?

You are an idiot. You have nothing to argue here, you tried to backup your stupidity with a source that proves you where talking nonsense in the first place. In your attempt to prove your point your proof became your undoing. How ironic.
    test
  18. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

I'll Respond Sometime This Weekend... All I Know Is, You're Wrong... But I'll Tell You How Later
    test
  19. Prominance

the beat measuring the rythm fact? No I am not wrong on this. If you reply saying from your definition you pulled from dictionary.com that the definition says rythm measures the beat then I will have to abandon this thread like I did the last one, it would be more stupid than your tempo = time signature statement, way more stupid, because it means you cannot read a dictionaries definition and comprehend what the definition(s) state.

Beat MARKS succession of rythms. That is the exact quote (we can drop either word before or after the preposition and in brackets when quoting)

Let me finish this once and for all

Definition of BEAT

Beat is to mark or count rhythm.

Definition of Measure

Therefore Measure is synonymous with MARK.

So I can redefine Beat as

to MEASURE (count) rhythm (or time)

Beat measures the rythm (or time). BEAT MEASURES THE RYTHM. BEAT COUNTS THE RYTHM. Both count and measure MEAN THE SAME THING. I just posted definitions all from THE ONE SOURCE YOU USED, DIctionary.com.

That definition says BEAT COUNTS RHYTHM. The inverse is false. Rythm DOES NOT count the beat. That would make rhythm the measurement. AND IT IS NOT.

This is a link to the definition of rythm from dictionary.com

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=rhythm

NOT ONCE does it say the rhythm is the measurement or counts the beat. NOT ONCE. However on the definition of beat it says to count rythm. The only definition that mentions counting or measurement is the beat definition. Get smart you fucking dumb ass illeterate, pee brained muthafucka.
    test
  20. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

No, with the rhythm you decide what the beat is... I've already explained this a million times in this thread and NinjaMic even agreed with me on this one... Stop arguing this bullshit... It's been over...

Without the rhythm, you wouldn't be able to make a beat.... You put the beat to the rhythm that is, ONCE AGAIN, a concept until something is done with it... Once again, when you freestyle with an instrument, you need the rhythm before you start playin'.... Then you play over that rhythm that you have in your head... You've yet to say anything about this cuz you know I'm right... Just stop with the lame ass arguments cuz your shit's done

i'll finish the rest in a second cuz i'm at work and gotta ask my supervisor somethin'
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.