50 Cent to be in "Locked an Loaded" - his version of "8 Mile"

Discussion in 'Audio Emcee Hook Ups' started by Atom React, Oct 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atom React

Atom React aka JAYO

Like his mentor Eminem, 50 Cent isn't messing around with his big-screen debut.

Jim Sheridan, coming off 2002's Oscar-nominated "In America," has signed on to direct the rapper in the upcoming "Locked and Loaded," according to a producer of the film.

The 55-year-old Irishman has been a favorite in Tinseltown since his directorial debut, 1989's "My Left Foot," earned him Oscar nominations for Best Director and Best Adapted Screenplay. For "Locked and Loaded," Sheridan, whose sole music-industry credit is a Sinéad O'Connor video from 1994, will be working from a script by Terence Winter, a writer and executive producer on "The Sopranos."

Few details have been released on the story, but it will focus on an orphaned former drug dealer who puts his criminal past behind him to pursue rapping. Like Eminem's "8 Mile," which was helmed by Oscar-winner Curtis Hanson, "Locked and Loaded" will be inspired by 50 Cent's own experiences.

Eminem, who executive produced 50's smash debut album, Get Rich or Die Tryin', is producing "Locked and Loaded," along with Dr. Dre and others.

Before 50 hits theaters, he will make his small-screen acting debut playing an animated version of himself in an episode of "The Simpsons".

what do ya'll think?
    better then 8 mile?
    test
  2. X sample

X sample New Member

this thread gonna involve mad hating...lol

tru it prolly wont be that great but ill wait and see...
    test
  3. Atom React

Atom React aka JAYO

i cant see 50 cent acting to be honest
    test
  4. wow, man.. wtf..

this will be HORRIBLE.
    test
  5. GarciaVega

GarciaVega Razor Ramon

I may get surprised but I dont see 50 having the talent to pull it off..
    test
  6. cj mandarin

cj mandarin CJMandarin Productions

im willin to give 50 the benefit of the doubt..ima check it out before i say whether he can act or not
    test
  7. E. Fate

E. Fate Guest

I wonder who they gon get to play "Pre-shot in the mouth 50 Cent"
    test
  8. Radius

Radius Simplistic-E

story will be better, it'll have more depth and be more interesting, besides that i dunno.
    test
  9. deadweather

deadweather ******

its too early in 50's career for him to get a movie.
    this is like vanilla ice's movie.
    a career killer
    buh bye 50
    test
  10. Worthiest Words

Worthiest Words New Member

8 mile sucked, eminem should go for more geeky looking roles, maybe he could play Screech in the big screen version of Saved By The Bell. 50 cent hahahaha man what is it with these fuckin rappers making movies about shit that didnt happen in their lives "it's not based on my life but it's sorta similar too what happened". If 50 wants too take acting serious then he should take a real role on, imagine 50 trying too play ray charles or malcolm x could he? hell no he couldnt thats because he isnt a real actor same with 99% of these rappers turned actors. It all stems back too Cool As Ice or whatever that movie was with eminems idol.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.