50 Cent - "The Massacre" Thread

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by OrtizDupri, Feb 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R-iZZy

R-iZZy The Shredder

^ they pushed it up to March 3rd cuz of the leak...

album is average, to me... maybe a lil subpar... but yeah, Hi-Tek shined on production! dude won't stop. i guess Dr. Dre made the right decision to sign him as an Aftermath producer. Game's album was definitely better... this shit was a lil iffy. wasn't feelin' it all that much.

Power of the Dollar > Get Rich or Die Tryin' > The Massacre
    ^ notice a pattern?
    test
  2. vandalism

vandalism the king

...not really

what's the pattern?

'Get In My Car' is catchy as fuck
    test
  3. XtodaZ

XtodaZ Shook Snuff

test
  4. SmoothPimpin

SmoothPimpin New Member

1.GRODT
    2.Power of the Dollar
    3.Encore(Eminem i kno but im making a point)
    4. The Massacre
    test
  5. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

i aint really feelin this album yet

im sure itll grow on me tho

so far all im diggin is disco inferno, candy shop, and the g-unit hate it or love it remix
    test
  6. CWilson

CWilson Member

After listening to the album a bunch of times now it has gotten better to me. It's a good album to me.
    test
  7. vandalism

vandalism the king

'gatman and robbin' is possibly the worst track on the album to me, and you can tell it was all Em's idea, tryin to be clever... lol..
    test
  8. EC THUNDA

EC THUNDA THUNDArous Rookie

The album is aight...I knew is wasn't going to be anything special. "Gatman and Robin" some hard shit, 50 always shines with Em. "Just A Lil Bit" is gonna be a club hit soon and some other tracks on here aight.
    test
  9. ComeCorrect

ComeCorrect New Member

Cd is Trash..POINT>>BLANK!
    test
  10. hockeys_da_best

hockeys_da_best New Member

Shit, if "Disco Inferno" and "Candy Shop" are the best songs on the album then it might just be the worst musical product that Western civilisation has ever witnessed.
    test
  11. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

nah... both songs are TIGHT
    test
  12. gooser

gooser New Member

Any one going to scoop this album. I find it hard to believe its going to be good. I find it funny in the AHH interview he talking about keeping it street with the pop "candy shop" and "disco inferno" songs. HAHAHAHA

"Ski Mask Way" is alright. I think dude is starting to bite other rappers also. He bit Goodie Mob In "ski mask" and he bit Playa Fly in "Candy shop".
    test
  13. Supreme J-Red

Supreme J-Red Mario Brother

i'm going to be happy if i like this album..with all this "it sucks"..
    test
  14. - DaNa -

- DaNa - I am who I am...

i didnt read the entire thread, i just say fuck 50 Cent as an artist.... he fell the fuck off, then this beef hes got with Nas and Jada and all that. Hed get raped in a battle.
    test
  15. maxpower

maxpower Guest

I love the album, it's pretty tight. The only whack tracks to me are candy shop, gatman and robbin, and piggie bank. Other than that this cd is pretty tight.
    test
  16. Rdeff

Rdeff King Status.

Anyone dissing Shady/G-Unit/Aftermath right now is plain silly and a flatout hater, in my view. They've got the fan fare, the money, the clothing line, the shoes, the sold out shows, even a their own radio station (Shade 45)!!!

Jimmy, Dre, Em, and Fiddy are caked up! The sad thing is that their music hasn't fell off one bit. Just think of how many rappers have fell flat on their faces since 98', (DMX, Mase, NORE, Pun's dead,) the list is endless. But Eminem is still in the top three. Who would have thought 50 Cent, the same guy from 'How To Rob A Industry Nigga', whould be a top selling music artist period.

Now The Game drops, and after Joe Budden dropped 'Gameover' about 85% of Rm predicted that The Game, was over. Now dude is almost at 2million sold, wiht 90% of RM on his nuts. Now back to Fiddy's new album...

It's better than anything else that has dropped this year, except that Nas. I'm proud of Fiddy on this album, instead of making an album of club joints, he split it right down the middle.

'In My Hood'
    'This Is 50'
    'I'm Supposed To Die'
    'Ski Mask Way'
    'A Baltimore Love Thing'
    'Ryder Music'
    'I Don't Need Em'

^All these songs are grimey and have that early-mid 90's N.Y. sound. The streets will eat that shit up! All the production is tight on those tracks too.

'God Gave Me Style'
    'My Toy Soilder'
    'Gunz Come Out'
    'Hate It Or Love It'
    'Gatman and Robin'
    'Piggy Bank'

^These are songs close too that thin line of gangsta rap and commercial rap. They have that new N.Y. sound. A nice collection of tracks.

'Get In My Car'
    'Candy Shop'
    'Disco Inferno'
    'So Amazing'
    'Just A Lil Bit'
    'Outta Control'

^We all know that 50 is damn near a sex symbol, we also know that he had the club on lock for most of last year. It's like Mike Jordan in his prime, you expect him to hit that game winning shot. Just like you expect 50 to make a club/radio banger and dominate radio waves, and that's just what he did with those tracks. If not for anything else the females and commercial fan base will eat these songs up.

When it comes down to it, 'The Massacre' delivers to EVERY fanbase of 50. No matter if you like Old 50, Mixtape 50, or Commercial 50, this album has it all. Just like when Bigge dropped 'Life After Death', that variety sells. Hate it or love it... 50 is on top.

By the way, 'Piggy Bank' is far from the best diss track, but 50 did just what he wanted and needed to do. Boost album sales, and punk out some 'big name' rap artist. I mean come on we all saw Ja falling off before 50 shut him down. But if 50 takes out Jada, Nas, and Fat Joe. You have to say that he is the king of NY. Cause to be honest, Nas, Joe, and Jada was his only comp after Hov "retired". I don't see why people are thinking that this album would be 'GRODT'. I'd be pissed if it was, because I'd feel real stupid for paying money for a remake of his first album. Give me some new hot shit, and that's what 50 did.

1st Week Prediction; 500,000 to 580,000

Score: 4.5/5.0 (-.5 for a wack album cover.
    test
  17. reservoir dog

reservoir dog New Member

this album gettin way too much hate, cus this shit is actually pretty tight. not as good as get rich but i doubt hes ever gonna top that.

in my hood, im supposed to die, piggy bank, gatman, SKI MASK WAY, baltimore love thing, gunz come out and god gave me style are all hot and the rest of the tracks aint wack just more geared towards woemn
    test
  18. reservoir dog

reservoir dog New Member

ahh shit and posistion of power...shit even toy soldier is nice

am i the only one that thinks outta control sounds like a weak higher beat?
    test
  19. CWilson

CWilson Member

Finally someone who makes some sense here, Rdeff. One thing wrong is your prediction on album sales for first week. I think it will be close to his last album sales. That sold like 860,000, this one will sell in the 700,000 range. It could go higher because of all the hype for the album. Even if people are hating on the album and telling people the album sucks, their friends are still going to purchase the album to see if its true.
    test
  20. Ron3484

Ron3484 New Member

This album is whack!!!! end of story
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.