50 Cent Offers 'Goodies' With His 'Massacre'

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Blankk Page, Feb 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blankk Page

Blankk Page New Member

50 Cent Offers 'Goodies' With His 'Massacre'
    By Clover Hope
    Date: 2/25/2005 3:29 am

With 50 Cent's anticipated sophomore album, The Massacre, being moved up from March 8 to March 3 due to rabid bootlegging, Interscope Records is offering exclusive content for those who choose to purchase the CD legally.

As incentive, 250,000 limited edition packages are being manufactured, with a special Digipack and a CD key to unlock exclusive goodies, including photographs, a bonus track, and a trailer for 50 Cent's upcoming video game, "Bullet Proof."

"Fans want instant gratification, especially when they are fiending for my music. They'll even risk buying the wrong s**t from bootleggers," said 50 in a statement. "I want them to have the real thing as soon as possible."

As further incentive, 10 fans who buy the album will also win G-Unit clothing and footwear, Formula 50 Vitamin Water, a G-Unit dog tag designed by Jacob the Jeweler, and autographed photos of 50 Cent.

"50 Cent is linked so closely to the streets, that we have to react quickly when his album surfaces illegally," said Steve Berman, Senior Executive of Marketing and Sales for Interscope Geffen A&M. "The best way to combat piracy problems is by getting the real version into stores with all the exclusive content and special packaging that comes with it."

Dr. Dre, Eminem and 50 Cent serve as executive producers on The Massacre, which features guest appearances by G Unit, The Game, Olivia and Jamie Foxx.

In related news, 50 will join Eminem on Shade 45, an uncensored leg of the Sirius Satellite Radio network. The Queens-bred rapper is slated to host G-Unit Radio alongside resident DJ Whoo Kid every Saturday as part of an exclusive pact the pair inked earlier this year.

“I’m bringing my A-game to Sirius,” 50 Cent said. “G Unit Radio is [going to] blow up on Shade 45.”
    test
  2. XtodaZ

XtodaZ Shook Snuff

meh... still aint buying this shit... wack as fuck...
    test
  3. Parental_Advisory

Parental_Advisory Click Click Pow

yo sis hope on AIM if you can
    test
  4. Mr. sickVisionz

Mr. sickVisionz The Gentleman's Producer

Its funny to mention "close to the streets" and "vitamin water" in the same article.
    test
  5. TheNotoryousOne

TheNotoryousOne Grown Ass Man

Do they really think that pictures of 50 and a bonus track are gonna entice anybody to buy the album that wasn't planning to anyway?
    test
  6. MiKe RaPhone

MiKe RaPhone New Member

thing s i bet half the motha fuckas on this site are going to buy this album and the half of the rest of the people wh say they arent going to are going to buy this album... now what the fuck.. i aint into 50 but i see one post saying dude 50.. that *igga is the man... next couple days go by massacre comes into view.. that weak whack ass motha fucka sucks he aint shit...

now make up ya fucking minds on whether you gunna stay on his nuts or get offffffff
    test
  7. wyn 23 QB

wyn 23 QB New Member

lol close to the streets and vitamin water
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.