5 things you didn't know about GTA V

Discussion in 'The Alley' started by Twamp, Sep 7, 2013.

1. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

that's the point. it isn't any better than any other gta. you're buying the game to kill people in different ways. graphics get updated every year, and adding a few utilities is always necessary, but at the end of the day it's the same run & gun game that you were playing in the 90's only more vulgar.

many games' sequels obviously have the same element, but will change the way you have to act/react and what decisions you make or however i should describe that. in games like gta and saints row and stuff like that, though, it's just added ways to kill and move. there is nothing different about the game itself. all you do is kill for hours and then kill some more. that's what it's made for. is it entertaining? sure, for a while. is it some OMG AMAZING GAME DERP? no. it's gta.
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  2. Twamp

Twamp proper weaponry

Waaaaah waaah waaaaaaaaah

Sent from Tapatalk 2
    test
  3. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

what're you crying about?
    test
  4. Superman70

Superman70 edited

i havent played it yet but it seems like they've added a lot here compared to most sequels. saying it isnt any better than the last one seems unlikely.

if you played gta5 and went back and played 4 you probably wouldn't say that.

theres more to it than just killing people. the missions can be pretty fun.
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  5. Esoteriq

Esoteriq Worst Behavior

[​IMG]

Let's break this down so that even you can understand.

Action sandbox games are comprised of.

Melee combat
    Weapons combat
    Character movement
    Vehicle movement (and driving physics)
    mission structure
    story structure
    recreational activities
    other gimmicks

Nigga, if LITERALLY EVERY ONE OF THESE THINGS ARE DONE DIFFERENTLY HOW THE FUCK IS IT THE EXACT SAME THING YOU STUPID FUCK?

Do you even play videogames? I doubt seriously that Rockstar has even played the Saint's Row games. I mean some of them individually, but 0% of SR went into GTA's design. Everything they did came from the other games they created after GTA4 (Red Dead and Max Payne 3). Know how I know? Cuz I actually played them. I have Saint's Row on my PS3 for free because I'm a PS+ member and I couldn't be bothered to get more than an hour into it.

Saint's Row is a cheap knock off and even Volition knew that, that's why they made their last two games bat shit crazy to differentiate them from a simple crime drama sandbox game.

Christ. Kids these days.
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test
  6. DaAlmightyDolla

DaAlmightyDolla Greatness

Sometimes its not fair to break things down to simplest form...

Thats like saying why even have sex with another woman. They all have an ass,tits and vagina. All youre doing is going in and out.

Upgraded pussy is still upgraded pussy. GTA V maybe the same core mechanics but done at a bigger, more entertaining scale.

Its all about the journey. ..
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  7. Twamp

Twamp proper weaponry

over the fact you're spending this much time and energy trying to convince people GTA 5 isn't the best game ever made when everybody knows it is.
    test
  8. DaAlmightyDolla

DaAlmightyDolla Greatness

I must admit though I had more fun playing bioshock infinite right before gta v.... something about that game is mesmerizing. I never played the firsts 2 bioshocks but the world they created in infinite is captivating.
    test
  9. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

it's not the best game ever made. it's gta. whatever point that idiot X is trying to prove will never work because gta improved on what? i played gta 5 for 15 minutes and guess what? shooting was the same. driving was the same. action was the same.

all it is, is a game where you go around killing people. i'm not trying to convince anyone of anything other than the fact that gta 5 is just a better gta. still, in the end, it's gta. and just like saints row, it's a game where sure, you can play a storyline and be entertained for a few hours, but what you're really doing is buying a game to go around and kill people and listen to the dialogue you hear on the streets every day and just act out silly bullshit. to act like this is some revolutionary game that is different from any other gta is ridiculous.

is it entertaining? sure
    is it some mind-blowing achievement? no
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  10. Twamp

Twamp proper weaponry

hmmm, everybody else seems to find it a mind-blowing achievement.
    test
  11. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

you and 2 other people on the alley don't make everyone.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  12. Twamp

Twamp proper weaponry

You're not good at statistics, are u?

Sent from Tapatalk 2
    test
  13. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

Read the reviews? Says it's entertaining. Nobody is saying its an achievement of any kind. I know the 10/10 rating, but they gave red dead zombies was 10/10, so I mean, yeah...

They also think the satire is bitingly funny, but that's really, really not true. If the game came out in 2009 or 2010 maybe. Now? No.
    test
  14. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

red dead zombies was awesome as an expansion. Would have been just "good" if it was its own game and id never played the original.

anyways. Its personal preference.

Games i found amazing:

modernwarfare
    oblivion
    gta liberty city and its expansions
    red dead redemption
    assassins creed(dont really know which one is my fav but i thought it was great)

i havent played much in a year or so though and dont see myself having time to check out gta5 for atleast another year. I have too much homework
    test
  15. Esoteriq

Esoteriq Worst Behavior

For one thing, the satire is about the stupidity of modern western consumerist culture, which is still very much in effect. Nearly all of the material GTA mocks is still relevant IF NOT all of it. So...that's wrong.

Anyway, I broke that shit down. This is not the same game as the other ones. It plays in a fundamentally different way. Same goal does NOT equal same game. That's stupid. If that was the case, then all racing games would be considered the same where you have to win the race. They are drastically different.

This game is drastically different than previous GTA's. Certainly more different than derivative, that's for sure. From the ground up, everything about game mechanics were changed. It's the best sandbox game ever made, with some of the best graphics and writing seen in a game yet (crazy that this game fit on 7 year old consoles).

The reviews reflect that.

Le shrug...oh you crazy kids.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  16. doslavozes

doslavozes Neg This Post If You're Gay

Obviously GTA V isn't going to be like when you're 8 years old and discover the N64 and Super Mario 64/Goldeneye for the first time.

But...I don't think the upgrade from GTA IV to GTA V is comparable to any of the other GTA to GTA game upgrades. (In terms of quality difference and number of overall differences) Yeah, it's probably premature to call it the best game of all time, but it seriously shits on a majority of the games out there, and the reviews are overwhelmingly positive. Not just the blogs, but on here (check Vitko Beats threads), the other forums I post on, and with my actual social circles. Way more people are aligned with that opinion than the contrarian "whatever is popular isn't as cool as the popular kids think it is" emo bullshit.

Saint's Row should have no mention whatsoever in a Grand Theft Auto thread.

It's ok to be different, but to try and belittle people about it when you're the different one is kind of bogus.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  17. NaSh

NaSh o_

Saints Row games are fuckin garbage

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test
  18. Esoteriq

Esoteriq Worst Behavior

It's not even as if I consider the GTA games god. There IS a game that does GTA better than GTA. It's called Sleeping Dogs.
    test
  19. Thomas Huxley

Thomas Huxley Well-Known Member

Getting defensive over GOAT rapper lists, women and now video games.

I'll holla.
    test
  20. Caesar

Caesar Natural Aristocracy

Can't believe I was somewhat kinda sorta involved in an argument over a video game.

Fucking low point.
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
    test