5 things you didn't know about GTA V

Discussion in 'The Alley' started by Twamp, Sep 7, 2013.

1. doslavozes

doslavozes Neg This Post If You're Gay

It does matter to buy the expensive properties though. I think it's kind of bogus that Michael has all of the really expensive properties. I have $20-$30 Million for Trevor and Franklin that's useless and I'm trying to save up to $150 million with Michael.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  2. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

but if youve finished the game and youre not playing online what does having money do? whoopy you buy property and now what? stare at it? ok so yeah you can make more money but the game is finished so who cares at that point. Im not finished the game, but from what i can see having lots of money is pretty pointless as far as game progression goes.....whether or not i have 100g's or 20+millions when the game is done its all pointless after that point

Atleast if you play online having money has a point after the game is finished
    test
  3. doslavozes

doslavozes Neg This Post If You're Gay

I guess I don't consider it finishing the game until all of the properties are bought. I just don't like looking at the $ of a property knowing that I hadn't bought it. And due to all of the extracurricular parts of the game I feel like I can play it until I am able to purchase the final properties.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  4. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

well i consider it done when the credits roll. Finished it. It was good.

i ended up with like 30 mill.... coulda been 0 though and it wouldnt have mattered the game still would have ended.
    test
  5. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

oh and i gotta say i was dissapointed with the radio, Maybe i didnt listen to enough stations, but it seemed to offer less music than previous GTA's. I could be wrong. Maybe its cuz there was too many mumbling dumb sounding rappers on it. The classic rap station was alright, im talking the other one. It was shite. I did like a few stations though. Even though i dont know spanish, i liked to roll to their station quite a bit. It was always fun sounding.
    test
  6. DaAlmightyDolla

DaAlmightyDolla Greatness

i agree the radio was shit. i muted the tv sometimes and played my own music like the good ol days.
    test
  7. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

i understand why they picked all those dumb rappers with songs about money... but i would have rather had music i could have enjoyed thats for sure. I like the reggae station, and a few others

Overall id give this game a 9/10. Its loses its points because i found the whole getting money thing to be completely pointless for offline players. Yeah so ok there was a mission or 2 where you had to buy some shit, but you could easily have done the game on like 10gs and in the end the money is all irrelevant when the game is over. It would have been cooler if there was more businesses to buy and make money off of. ANd then some shit to do with the money. You get money in the game but there isnt much to do with it. Sure i can spend 500gs and buy some business. But i have 30 mill and my 500g's business only pulls in like 7500/wk. You know how many weeks have to go by before you recoup your 500'gs? over a year. And if youre done the game, what is there to do to keep me busy for the coming year to recoup my money? nothing. The money is pointless for offline players.

but i also do realize im one of the few that dont have their xbox online.
    test
  8. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

i don't know why you're concerned with the money aspect. after the storyline, gta is only useful for its true purpose: killing. everything else is irrelevant. that's why i don't understand why this got such good reviews. it's just a killing game with more area to kill people in.
    test
  9. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

I agree its a killing/rampaging game and thats its purpose....
    but its not as easy to go around killing and rampaging like older episodes. They took the ease of the cheats out, cops are harder to flee, they also kill you faster and even if youve used the "invincible" cheat they can still headshot you and kill you.. Before it was all a phonenumber that worked everytime, now its a bunch of moves with your controller like street fighter super moves which if you dont get correct its quite annoying. Specially while driving and specially while driving and fleeing cops, cuz half the code routines have you get out of the car if you try it while driving and its quite annoying to go from being chased by cops to stopping your car and getting out and in and out and in as you try to punch in the code for the cheat.

i think they may have wanted to get away from the reputation of it just being a killing game and thats why they did those changes. I dont care what anyone says, the cheats were/are part of the game. SPECIALLY in previous GTA's.

I was just concerned over the money aspect because the whole point in the game was waiting for this big ass heist. Then when it goes down, its like wtf do i do now with all this money? all this build up and pay off but it was anticlimactic in that the money means nothing to continuing the game. They could take the money right out and still have a game. You could have gotten paid in candy or food. It would have all been just the same. WOuld have just been cooler if the money had a purpose other than to look cool in your bank account.
    test
  10. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

ehh cheats are nice but i never use invincibility anyway because after a while it just gets simple. i just used the guns and shot away until i died. that's more fun. seeing how long you can kill everyone then see if you can escape before you die. i do that now.
    test
  11. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

so the main dude was obviously modeled after Ray Liotta

who do you think Trevor and Franklin were modeled after?

Was franklin modeled after Ice Cube?
    test
  12. DaAlmightyDolla

They were modeled after the voice actors....

Micheal was in a recent episode of boardwalk empire.

Franklin allegedly beat up ice cube and took his chain back in the day...

Dunno much about trev
    test
  13. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

ahh i see now, that guy kinda looks like ray liotta in some angles, i can see how i got that wrong

how do you know this? and franklin allegedly beat up ice cube? why is that even a back story lol
    test
  14. DaAlmightyDolla

im trying to collect all the alien pieces but i keep dying trying to parachute under a bridge... so frustrating having to get a helicopter every fucking time
    test
  15. DaAlmightyDolla

nvm just got it lol... took like 8 tries
    test
  16. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

i feel ya man, id be out in the mountains trying to fuck with the military, theyd kill me, then im all the fucking way back in the goddamn city and have to steal another ride and drive all the fucking way back out there.....

so annoying.... its nice having a big map, but sucks when you just wanna go somewhere..

i said fuck it to the side missions and only did them if they were close, im sure i have a wack of em to do. I have 1 alien piece i found by fluke swimming in a lake.
    test
  17. DaAlmightyDolla

its easier just taking the cab but what i dont understand is how that shit gives you the busy signal like i dont fucking own that shit. id show up to my place of business and let off....
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  18. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

i dont think you can cab it to the military base unfortunately. I just want to steal a jet fighter, I tried 5 x and the closest i got was out of the hangar and picking up speed to take off and a tank blew me up before i could escape.... assholes. I just want to rip around in a jetfighter. But everytime you fail you end up so far away and it takes like 10 mins just to get back there.... and its wack that when i show up to the regular hangars in that small town with micheal or franklin there is no planes. Only if Trevor goes.

but im just making a wish list and nit picking, its def a great game. I finished it and enjoyed it. But i just went through it straight and did the missions, i didnt get a chance to explore. So now im trying to explore. I want that jet fighter

i think im gonna try a low altitude sky dive onto the base next because busting down the gate with my rides hasnt worked out so far
    test
  19. DaAlmightyDolla

thats how i did it.... use trevor and go into rage mode when you touchdown

i ended up clipping a pole and lost the jet. was so pissed
    test
  20. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

fuck i didnt even know about their special abilities till like 3 hours ago... After i finished the storyline....

what is micheals and franklins? and is it started the same by clicking the r and l joysticks down?

i have class now, but if i dont have too much homework later ill try that tonight. Ill get my jet.
    test