5 round main events

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by thaRooster, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

When has hendo gassed besides the jake shields fight? That's the first time i ever heard of him gassing.

and he sure as hell didn't gass in the rampage fight..lol.

And kevin randleman was good a long ass time ago, he just didn't age well. Look how slow rampage is getting and he only in his early 30's randleman damn near 40. Randleman lost all the explosiveness he used to have in his pride days.

Rampage wanted to fight, Rashad wanted to wrestle. And i think page did train for it, he just underestimated rashads speed and strength, and he probably didn't think he'd just hold him against the cage all fight. (i don't think anybody predicted that gayness). He stuffed most of rashad's takedowns. Plus he hadn't fought in over year and came into camp like 250, he would have ended the fight if he hadn't gassed.

Rampage needs to start training year round and staying in shape, homey walking round like ricky hatton trying to cut 40 pounds for a fight...smfh..lol
    test
  2. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

I predicted more lay and pray than lean and pray.
    test
  3. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

you dont know to much, randleman was at one point a top competitor, he aged horrible and thats why hes a can now, so is mark coleman but they call him the grandfather of GnP.. he was a fuckin ANIMAL when he was the first ufc champ, some people dont age good at all... coleman and randleman are 2 perfect examples

smh @ hendo known for gassing, wish i read that before i responded haha
    test
  4. Money Mac Sabb

Money Mac Sabb Horse Meat FTW

Terrible performances by Rampage's own admission.
    test
  5. Money Mac Sabb

Gassed against Franklin.

Hendo is and usually has been a first round fighter throughout his career. After the first, it's usually his instinct kicking people's asses or the tide turns and he loses. Probably the best shape he has ever shown up in in recent memory was the second fight with Wanderlei. He showed up like he had something to prove.
    test
  6. Money Mac Sabb

One dimensional maybe isn't what I'm looking for, but his biggest strength is his hands. At one time he was all for a little more ground and pound, which he did okay with, but since his release from pride he's really fancied himself a boxer.

It's worked in some cases, but he's fallen into the trap of any fighter that just has way too much faith in their ko power.

He has the tools to overcome this, but for a guy who admits that he doesn't like training I wouldn't hold my breathe.
    test
  7. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

Randleman was never a top competitor, he was overhyped wrestler. The only top competitor he ever beat was Cro Cop, and that was by way of lucky punch. Coleman was actually champ at one point. Oh my bad, he beat Pedro Rizzo too. Awesome.

And Hendo HAS gotten gassed in the later rounds in his past. Mother fuckers are acting like that never happened.

Watch his fight against Ricardo Arona. Not saying he completely gassed, but he was no where near the energy level he was at in the first, in the third...
    test
  8. jayoo

anyone who loses is going to say that, common sense

you have the rare guy here an there who says "i had a great performance just fell short"
    test
  9. jayoo

"not saying he completely gassed" good way to catch yourself, i wont even acknowledge that now.

randleman was a top competitor.. he beat cro cop.. he lost a decision with bas who was a great fighter and would have continued to be if he didnt have an injury.. he beat rizzo, he beat murilo rua, sobral... yeah the crocop win was around his downfall but he was a competitor your crazy to really try to deny that haha..

maybe you dont like sobral? at the time he beat him his only losses were to hendo, overeem an fedor... not good competition? he was pedro rizzos first loss.. he beat rua when he had only lost to hendo an arona..

then he lost to fedor.. an dropped consecutive matchs after, he fell apart, but at one time he was good, sorry you didnt watch it or know much about the fighters back then, not all of us go back an learn the history.. but sobral was considered good, rizzo was considered good.. just not anymore
    test
  10. Money Mac Sabb

There's no denying that Hendo gasses a lot.

He's just not the type to bend over and put his hands on his knees when he does so. He's got a lot of heart and fights through it, win or lose.
    test
  11. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

He beat Ninja by way of cut. Great way to win a fight.

He's Heath Herring status. Yea, he's fought some of the best, but lost to most of 'em.

Pedro Rizzo's only asset were heavy hands and a granite chin. Watching him try to finish a fight was like watching a retard try to hump a doorknob. Those were the days I watched Pride over UFC for a reason. He lost to damn near every wrestler he faced, minus Coleman.

That whole generation of UFC fighters was overrated as fuck, again, this is why I watched Pride...
    test
  12. Money Mac Sabb

I like Rizzo and Randleman, but neither were great. Rizzo had great leg kicks at a time when they were underappreciated. Randleman had really good wrestling, but his control wasn't that good so he was usually in danger of being subbed. He also has a tendency to test himself standing which doesn't go over well.

Randleman's biggest moment is and will alway be his ko over cro cop, which was completely legit. He got cro cop worrying about takedowns, changed levels, and knocked him for a loop. Was one of the greatest displays of the uniqueness of mma striking of all time.

It's weird when you think about it, Randleman scored one of the greatest kos ever against cro cop, and cro cop got his one and only sub win in their rematch.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.