5 round main events

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by thaRooster, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thaRooster

thaRooster hahahahahhaha NO!

i think rashad v rampage cemented the fact that this HAS to happen. for a match that had so much hype and such legitimate hatred in it, i walked away super unsatisfied as i assume both fighters do also. dont get me wrong rashad definitely won the clear cut decision but these guys could of easily went 2 more rounds and deserved to have the opportunity. rashad technially won but definitely not the way he or anyone in the world wanted to see it end
    test
  2. KRich662

KRich662 Well-Known Member

...There's no way in hell Rampage was going 2 more rounds.

Die slow
    test
  3. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

rampage looked gassed in round 2-3 of his forrest fight and he went 5 rounds.. dont underestimate him.. he dont gas like kimbo, rampage will go until the fight is over or hes knocked out/subbed

i agree, and i think they already talked bout this? maybe only in a certain state so far tho.. but they said if the 2 fighters were championship caliber it could be made 5 rounds
    test
  4. KRich662

He doesn't gas? He couldn't even finish the fight he was so tired. Rashad was done for if Rampage could've hit him a couple more times. No way in hell he was going 2 more
    test
  5. jayoo

you're reachin aint you? who said he doesnt gas? i said he doesnt gas LIKE KIMBO.. which is 100% true, thanks for trying to avoid my point.

he stopped punching because he didnt wanna use the last of his energy when rashad was still actively moving, he probably felt he wasnt hurt enough and if he completely lost all energy he could be in trouble...

so if he had no energy left, explain how he stood up on them last 2 takedowns, that shit isnt easy especially with an experienced wrestler on you.. not only that but he was still goin at rashad when the bell rang, and looked visibily pissed it ended how it did, if you dont think he'd have went longer you're fuckin stupid. rampage fought long matchs with no training, now hes trained and you wanna say he cant last? ....that makes sense

nobody is arguing he wasnt tired, but theres fighters who been a LOT more gassed then rampage ever looked and they went more rounds

basically what im sayin is.. you are a dumbass motherfucker smh i feel bad lol but good luck in life, you'll be on ignore for that stupid comment
    test
  6. KRich662

Meant to say "he didn't gas."

But yeah, you still know jackshit about MMA. He stopped punching cause Rashad was moving? Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. "Hey, I'm tired as shit already, and lost the first 2 rounds, but he's still moving, so I'm just gonna save my energy."
    test
  7. jayoo

thats not really my point but yeah whatever makes you feel right homie haha
    test
  8. KRich662

What's your point then?
    test
  9. $1OOOOOO

$1OOOOOO Disintegrating in the fog

I like it the way it is now.

I never really want to see 5 rounds until a fight has already started and it's really good.
    test
  10. $1OOOOOO

Rashad won the way most people thought rashad would win.

Rampage got dominated and further exposed as an increasingly one dimensional knockout artist. He's the lhw paul daley.
    test
  11. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

He has better TD Defence than Daley and that could save him in a few cases, but I agree. Plus, I don't think he has the movement to use his striking effectively any more.
    test
  12. jayoo

i didnt say he stopped BECAUSE he was moving.. there was no direct correlation

start there, go back, read again and maybe you'll get it
    test
  13. jayoo

wait.. because one of the better lhw wrestlers took him down and laid on him a lot in ONE fight?? how often does rampage end up in that position? if he was one-dimensional he wouldnt be the fighter he is today, not even close, i have no idea where you got that from.. paul daley doesnt have anywhere near the resume rampage has..
    test
  14. $1OOOOOO

Answer me this: How often does Rampage decisively win wars?

look at his fights:

looked terrible against jardine
    ko'd silva
    looked terrible against forrest
    won a close fight with hendo
    ko'd liddell
    ko'd eastman
    looked terrible against matt lindland

go further...

"won" a decision against ninja rua

what does that mean? it means when he's not knocking a guy out, he isn't whooping his opponent. One dimensional.
    test
  15. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Honestly, every fight should be 5 rounds. 3 rounds aint shit, and it's why so many people just run wild throwing haymakers because they have absolutely no time to work a game plan.

It's like if boxing was only 6 rounds...

I guarantee we will stop seeing flabby dudes gassing in the ring when they know they have to train for 5 rounds.....Great fighters would stop losing because they were rushing and made a critical error.ect ect
    test
  16. jayoo

terrible fights based on your opinion an thinkin he needs to KO someone to be "good"
    test
  17. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

So you like fighters who go to decision all the time?
    test
  18. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

^I have no idea where you got that from what Mac said.

But I don't think Rampage is one dimensional.

Against your average wrestlers, Rampage doesn't do too bad.

Especially when there's room for gnp.

Rashad just so happens to have one of the best wrestling talents in the LHW division.

Rampage should have planned for it. I think he figured Rashad would wanna KO him after all the shit they talked to each other.

Didn't really go that way though...
    test
  19. jayoo

average wrestlers?

randleman was average back then?

hendo is average? he was an olympic wrestler smh
    test
  20. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

lol Dude Randleman might be one of the single biggest let-downs in the history of MMA. WAYYYY overrated, not just as a fighter, but as a wrestler as well. If it weren't for the epic slam he put on Fedor, nobody would remember who the fuck he is. He lost his past like 5 fights in row, mainly to bums.

And yes, Hendo is a hell of a wrestler, but he lost a decision, and Hendo is known for gassing when he hasta switch weight (Jake Shields).

Haven't watched that fight since I saw it live though.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.