5 reasons why Woman should be allowed to preach!!

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by lyricalpriest, Feb 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

To start off our discussion on the possible differences between men and women, we will start with an old favorite - Should Women Be Allowed to Preach in the Church?

This oft-debated topic has its share of proponents and detractors, both groups quoting their own favorite scriptures. So who's right? We may never really know, however, I'm going to add my own voice to the fray in trying to resolve this matter.

Do I think women should be allowed to preach in the church? In a word - yes. Why, you ask? Here are five reasons why:

1. (And this is my favorite) God never said that women shouldn't.

Preach, that is. There are no scriptures directly prohibiting a woman from preaching, prophesying or ministering in any fashion in the church.

2. The Bible tells us that tells us that God is no respecter of persons and all are considered the same in Christ.

Peter, in Acts 10:34 (see below) tells us that God is no respecter of persons. Peter learned this valuable lesson prior to being sent to lodge with a Gentile (which was considered abhorrent to many Jews at the time). If God could accept Gentiles, then why not women?

Paul, in Galatians 3:28-29, tells us that God doesn't consider the religion (Jew, nor Greek), status (bond nor free) or gender (male nor female) of His children - all are one in Christ.

Scripture References:

Act 10:34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:

Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
    Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

3. Israelite women were placed in leadership roles and were called upon to prophesy.

Deborah was appointed as one of the judges of Israel (Judges 4:4-5). In this position, she judged all matters of contention between the Israelites. And, not only was she a judge, she was a prophetess as well! In Joel 2:28, God speaks through Joel to his people and tells them, among other things, that their daughters would prophesy.

Scripture References:

Jdg 4:4 And Deborah, a prophetess, the wife of Lapidoth, she judged Israel at that time.
    Jdg 4:5 And she dwelt under the palm tree of Deborah between Ramah and Bethel in mount Ephraim: and the children of Israel came up to her for judgment.

Joe 2:28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

4. Women were with the Apostles when they received the Holy Spirit in the Upper Room.

After Jesus was resurrected and had ascended to heaven, the Apostles, along with a number of women, gathered in the upper room. During their prayer (and when they were on one accord), the Holy Spirit descended upon all of them and and all of them spoke in other tongues. God did not differentiate between the men and the women who were present in the Upper Room.

Scripture References:

Act 1:13 And when they were come in, they went up into an upper room, where abode both Peter, and James, and John, and Andrew, Philip, and Thomas, Bartholomew, and Matthew, James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon Zelotes, and Judas the brother of James.
    Act 1:14 These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren.

Act 2:1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
    Act 2:2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
    Act 2:3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
    Act 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

5. Women were only specifically directed to remain quiet in one instance.

For those who often quote 1 Corinthians, where Paul admonishes the women to keep silent in the churches and to ask their husbands questions in the privacy of their home - this scripture refers to one particular situation, one particular church and one particular instance. Reportedly, the women in the Corinthian church were being disruptive, and speaking out of turn. So, this admonishment was more about order than a general rule to be applied across all spectrum. God may not be a respecter of persons, but He does expect His people to be orderly!

Scripture References:

1Co 14:34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.
    1Co 14:35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

I would love to hear your opinion - for and against. So let me know what you think!
    test
  2. Coup d'état

Coup d'état Don't believe the hype

Oh boy, here we go.

I'll make one point, Deborah was not usurping the authority over men. She was leading women.

I'll take my position in a few...

Great thread.

this scripture refers to one particular situation, one particular church and one particular instance. Reportedly, the women in the Corinthian church were being disruptive, and speaking out of turn

Not true at all.

When a woman says the Holy Ghost has moved her to take on the role as a preacher in the body of Christ over a gathering of His saints....she is lying.
    test
  3. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

test
  4. TheBigPayback

Shes lying ey? Show me that scripture.

And actually yes timothy was initially talking about interuptions, and their role as being in the congregation. There were many instances of women disrupting sermons example Jesus/mary when he rebuked her for it an said dont ever disrupt me when im teaching.
    test
  5. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

-dead- at jesus layin the holy smack down on that poor girl hahahahahah....
    test
  6. Coup d'état

I will.

You simply are out of context and making scripture stitch up and justify traditions of men. To interpret that women can preach you need to bend the lens of scripture in such away that it compromises a lot of other more important doctrines and truths in His Word; that when interpreting the rest of the Word in the same manner, it robs the scripture of Truth. And compromises what it means. There is no way around it. Women are not to usurp the authority of men, no matter how deceived you are. That does not make it right because you think it should be.

I'll will def. be getting to this.
    test
  7. TheBigPayback

Paul and timothy is the only people that referenced the topic, but i urge u to seek the surrounding context. And if it were a general stement to all of women we would NOT find it contradicted many many times thoughout the early church.
    test
  8. Coup d'état

You'll just have to wait to read what I will show...There is no issue. I'm sorry you think women are right in preaching, but it's not what the Bible teaches or is it healthily.

Don't think like the secular world.
    test
  9. TheBigPayback

Dont make this about me, insults dont count as scripture coup. Im well aware of the verses your going to post but maybe when u do throw in a sentence or two of context with it. Like the topic the statement was found or the events surrounding the topic.
    test
  10. Coup d'état

You don't know the scriptures I'm about to post, otherwise you would not have this great misunderstanding about the roles. I'm not insulting you. You are not correct in your belief that women are right to preach. This is all I'm saying. This is what the Bible teaches too.

I'm not gong to discuss this until I at least defend the Bible on this.
    test
  11. TheBigPayback

1 Corinthians 14:35, Ephesians 5:22, 1 Timothy 2:11,1 Timothy 2:12,. 1 Peter 3:1?
    test
  12. TheBigPayback

Im waiting to hear though for few months now.
    test
  13. Coup d'état

Among others.
    test
  14. Coup d'état

You've been waiting maybe a month...I'm slow and when I want to show you the Truth on an issue I want to be really expansive and say all that I can. This takes time.

I'm also working on that evo thread too. That will be posted in a few days...then this.

Just how I roll dog. lol not that you really care, but this is how I'm going to do it if you do want to hear.
    test
  15. TheBigPayback

Ok well u can disqualify at.least 3-4 from my list specificly on topic. but interested to hear none the less.
    test
  16. Coup d'état

Ok well u can disqualify at.least 3-4 from my list specificly on topic

What do you mean ?
    test
  17. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA Well-Known Member

test
  18. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

test
  19. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

test
  20. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

its funny to see christians debate what they are supposed to belief because of what a book says.

i dont see whats wrong with women teaching, having power over a man, etc. If yall gave women a chance you would be surprised what they could accomplish.

The only thing I dont like seeing women do is sports. fuck the WNBA
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.