5 questions for Christians about the bible

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by Jay Bee, Jul 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

lucifer means morning star.
    And lucifer was his name as an angel.
    God is light its in the bible
    test
  2. TheBigPayback

Can u explain what ur talking bout
    test
  3. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

Wow you are reaching so so hard to try and make sense of your contradiction ridden and nearly nonsensical but it's to the point of cringeworthy pity. On one hand, within your core beliefs you hold that the bible is the divinely inspired word FROM GOD, but then on the other hand when it says something like "I am a jealous god" signed god, you say that it cannot be right or what we know as jealousy because that's impossible for god.

If it is the fucking word of GOD and he is trying to convey information to US PEOPLE (which presumably he should be able to do with max efficiency since he's fucking god), then mistakes like this shouldn't be made. Or really that is just your backpedalling upon backpedalling and contradicting yourself to the point of becoming meaningless. Because yes, if there really was an omnipotent, omniscient being who created the cosmos and all in it, he/she/it would be above ANY human emotions be it love/hate/jealousy etc. But that's not what your god says, is it?

Either way you try to defend this you lose in some way. However you don't have a shred of intellectual honesty so you will not admit this. But the fact is, either god is jealous as the bible says (there really isn't gray area for "I am a jealous god") making him human and petty which creates a paradox in his nature, or the primative morons who wrote the book made him as petty and trivial and flawed as they were.

Take your pick.
    test
  4. Noncentz

Noncentz Sieg Heil, M'fer!

:funny:

Do they, your priests, encourage any study whatsoever?

Lucifer comes from "Lucem Ferre" in Latin; in Latin that translate to "Light Bearer" not morning star.

:funny:

If your priest told you that God is the light bearer, you better check which God in your novel he's following, because the 'light bearer' is Lucem Ferre - AKA Satan/The Devil.
    test
  5. Noncentz

Just google "Delusion of reference."

Here are a few symptoms of it from a Wikipedia page.

"Ideas of reference and delusions of reference involve people having a belief or perception that irrelevant, unrelated or innocuous phenomena in the world refer to them directly or have special personal significance: 'the notion that everything one perceives in the world relates to one's own destiny'."

- Believing that headlines or stories in newspapers are written especially for them. (Dead fish, red water blah blah blah.)

- Believing that events (even world events) have been deliberately contrived for them, or have special personal significance for them. (This happened so, omg Jesus/Muhammed or superman done sent us a message, the end is soon blah blah blah.)

- Seeing objects or events as being set up deliberately to convey a special or particular meaning to themselves (The lord did this, caused this, for us blah blah blah.)

- Thinking 'that the slightest careless movement on the part of another person had great personal meaning...increased significance'. (REAL-ID, bad idea yes. But to the person who has a religious delusion of reference, it's a sign, significant - the mark of the beast!)

And that's just from a shitty Wikipedia article, if you browse some psychology books on google books for example you'll get a much better picture of what most religious folks suffer from.
    test
  6. Noncentz

"The notion that everything one perceives in the world relates to one's own destiny."

It's too bad you can't remotely study people psychologically, because I guarantee most religious folks have minor mental illnesses.
    test
  7. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

u actually make a good point. many religious folk deny scientific facts (or theories) or just fit it into their religion someway. like how many have accepted the big bang theory as "god banged it" but i wonder how they feel about psychology, its disorders, and explanations for human behavior
    test
  8. TheBigPayback

Don't twist my words fool. I said God is light. Not 'means light bearer'
    Lucifer was Satan name. " God given" as an angel. Not as the devil.
    And my reference was in terms of Isaiah 14
    12 “How you are fallen from heaven, O Day Star, son of Dawn!
    How you are cut down to the ground, you who laid the nations low!
    13 You said in your heart, ‘I will ascend to heaven;
    above the stars of God I will set my throne on high;
    I will sit on the mount of assembly in the far reaches of the north; b
    14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds;
    I will make myself like the Most High.’
    15 But you are brought down to Sheol, to the far reaches of the pit.
    16 Those who see you will stare at you and ponder over you:
    ‘Is this the man who made the earth tremble, who shook kingdoms,
    17 who made the world like a desert and overthrew its cities,
    who did not let his prisoners go home?’
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.