5 questions for Christians about the bible

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by Jay Bee, Jul 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Anything u put first in ur life or worship is your God. It means worship is reserved for the one that deserves it. Your creator. Not things you create.
    test
  2. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

in that case the wording used seems purposely misleading; either that or you are reinterpreting it to fit your platform. i wonder which is true?
    test
  3. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

keep in mind this was one of the ten commandments, so precise wording is kind of key here.
    test
  4. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

yeah, i thought you were implying chronologically lol.

but i get what you're saying, and i'm pretty sure when it reads "other gods" it just means that dieties that you guys consider to be gods - idols, etc.

if you remember, when moses went up to the mountain, the people had made a golden calf and started worshipping that as their god. so i don't think the commandment is belittling other gods, perse. it's just a commandment ordering the worship of the one true god.

lol, very true.

:numaan:
    test
  5. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

thing is though there is already another commandment that was dedicated strictly to idols, which makes me assume that this one was actually talking about other 'gods'
    test
  6. TheBigPayback

Also Satan is the God of the air.
    test
  7. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

doesn't god's jealously of idol worship go against his own 7 deadly sins?
    test
  8. TheBigPayback

Your taking words that when translated to English we have presuppositions of about. Ex. God loved Jacob but hated essau. It doesn't mean hate the way man hates. It means to have less regard for.
    Jacob was favored because Jesus eventually would come from his line. Same with the word jealousy. Doesn't mean he is jealous, the way we interprete and use the word. "Gods ways are not like man's"
    It means its wrong for you to show and engage in worship of anything other than God. It just means it is wrong. In lamens.
    test
  9. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

i understand what ur saying. but im not sure how im misunderstanding "im a jealous god". it sounds like ur overcomplicating an obvious statement
    test
  10. TheBigPayback

Well the thing is u made a correct observation. Jealousy would be a sin. Which is why God CAN'T be jealous. So yes the word is used. But no it doesn't accurately describe the mind of God. God isn't a man but the only way we know is ways of men. There just isn't the right terminology. But the idea is that u shouldn't put anything in the place reserved for him. Not because he's jealous, but because it just isn't right to do.
    test
  11. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

its still a condradiction. and u saying "the only way we kno is ways of men" is also a contradiction bcuz u claim god is only good. how can u kno he is good but not kno his jealous ways if we cannot understand the mind of god?

i understand the idea ur trying to portray but with the fact ur going to hell if u dont abide proves his jealously leads to pain. i understand the mind of god in this case: jealous boyfriend if u ask mi
    test
  12. snowy

snowy 39k Rap Song Music Folder

Yahweh is just one of many gods in the Canaanite pantheon of Gods. He was the National God of the people of Judea. He wasnt the head God, that was El and the group of the Gods were known as the Elohim, both words used in the Bible multiple times. He did eventually ascend to the top of the pile but this seems to occur after the Judean people went around slaughtering other nations effectively putting an end to the worship of other National Gods of those places. When he took the throne he also took his father's consort (possibly his Mother as well) Asherah sometimes referred to as The Queen of Heaven.

For all purposes the Hebrew people are Canaanites. They're the winners of a Battle Royale between nations where the Gods were nothing more than team mascots.

Not sure if thats the same God as Islam follows.
    test
  13. TheBigPayback

Hell is for those that don't want God. Disregard. A false God is you choosing something man made over God. There is nothing good without God. Everything that is contains a bit of him. So hell simply is a place where his goodness is withdrawn. His love is withdrawn all ur left with is hate. His light is withdrawn all your left with is darkness. Even quite and peace are Gods attributes. So in hell you'll find no quite, you'll find no peace..
    test
  14. TheBigPayback

The deception is getting people to believe you'll get anything Good separate from God.
    test
  15. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

u answered one sentence of the post and ignored the rest.
    test
  16. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

wow, i guess you learn something new everyday. to this day i thought, at the roots, christianity, islam and judaism had the same god.

the god islam follows is the god of abraham of adam, of ishaac, ishmael, moses, noah, jesus, mohamed - they all preached the worship of one god.

before islam came, the arab pagans had many idol gods.

islam diminished them, and brought back the one.

:numaan:
    test
  17. TheBigPayback

how do we know God is Good? We see his attributes, his name and nature is synonymous with goodness "God is Good", with love "God IS Love", with light God is light. You can read a history of his dealings to help people. Help fix their screwups. Even change time and space to help thru miracles. Hate when u study the word used in reference to God u find that it rely means to hold in lesser regard. Even towards the wicked. God makes the sunshine even on his enemies.
    test
  18. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

I don't see anything he done. Ur guessing he done it. Just as much as I could guess the bad done
    test
  19. Noncentz

Noncentz Sieg Heil, M'fer!

- Do you not see the Jacob/Esau story as an early form of Eugenic science, known at the time, but hidden within story form? Clearly that's what a lot of the bible is - Eugenics theory. All the lines, descendents and people with bad, or better genes/lines.

- God cannot be the light bearer, that would make him Lucifer - which pretty much means the light bearer...:funny:

- Delusions of reference, are still known as delusions of reference btw.
    test
  20. Noncentz

Noncentz Sieg Heil, M'fer!

That's what a delusion of reference means. A person or group believe that some change, word, ad, miracle etc were specifically designed for them.

Almost every religious person has this problem.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.