5 questions for Christians about the bible

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by Jay Bee, Jul 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

@ malo, none of these questions apply to islam.

because the bible, in our perspective, has been changed over the years by man.

if you have questions regarding the qur'an, then bring them forth.

otherwise, this is getting tiresome and will get nowhere.

:numaan:
    test
  2. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

Yeah, you're missing the point. I'm pretty sure you're doing it on purpose.

All relgions do utterly fucking stupid shit. They practice utterly stupid shit, they read utterly stupid shit but only Christians are singled out for it.

Related note: Saw Four Lions today. Good film. lol @ the London marathon "take out scene". I wondered how the Brazilian guys family reacted to that.

Also if you liked the dude who played the stupid, lovable Muslim you need to check out Sirens on C4 (I think you can proxy youtube it) it's the natural sucessor to Green Wing.
    test
  3. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

as i said, it's going nowhere.

which brazillian bloke? that marathon scene was epic in those costumes.

there were two really stupid confused muslims in four lions though.

faisal, the one who buys the bleach with the beard, and the other confused face paki rambo chickens having ears rubber dingy *****s dude.

will check out sirens regardless, loved both of them.

if you liked riz ahmed, watch shifty.

test
  4. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

The Muslim with the confused face. He does kind of carry that character into Sirens but he makes it work.

Good film but it's like Stewart Lee meets sentimental 9/11 films. When he walks into the pharmacy at the end it's like "you fucking serious? cry, laugh? what? the fuck you want, was that funny?"

lol @ the dude with the beard hiding the beard when he buys bleach.

Oh and the innocent brazillian that got shot on the London Underground shortly after 7/7
    test
  5. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

i still reckon riz ahmed's character should've snapped out of it in the end.

damn @ that brazillian, i thought you were talking about the movie.

it is a dark comedy so if they couldn't take it, fuck 'em.

test
  6. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

bro hes just asking why christianity is the fall guy for everyone that has something to say about religion. Hes not pitting one against the other.
    test
  7. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

the most powerful things will always be the most hated/mocked/etc
    test
  8. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

my personal answer is that i'm not really familiar with the doctrines of islam whereas i encounter christianity every day (i live in the deep south). i've never taken the time to try and read the quran because i assume it's a fabrication based on the fact that they worship the same abrahamic god that jews and christians do which ultimately has its roots in the pagan monolatrism of early judaism (as opposed to the monotheistic narrative that all 3 religions try to push).

on another note...how many threads are there on here promoting islam vs how many are there promoting christianity? it's a two way street. christianity is a more discussed religion in general because it's much more popular in the west.
    test
  9. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

to be fair, there are good reasons those types of laws were abandoned. stoning a woman for adultery is barbaric.
    test
  10. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

^^^ start a thread on the quran. im from the south 2 so im clueless on it
    test
  11. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

same law applies for men, too.

so you're basing your opinion on islam being a fabrication, on the fact that you've found contradictions in the other two religions? that's pretty unfair, isn't it.

abrahamic faith promotes monotheism.

jews and chrisitians forgot all about that main aspect, hence the qur'an.

test
  12. TheBigPayback

Is that why everytime the word mohammad is used they have the acronym behind it.
    test
  13. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

Everybody draw Mohammed day/Jewish stereotype on Seinfeld/South Park/everything ever.

What are you talking about?
    test
  14. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

well at least then you've removed the gender inequality. my main beef however lies with the basic brutality.

well it might indeed be unfair: that's why i don't spend much time debating islam. i was just explaining why i haven't bothered to look into it, either.

basically, from what i've read most of the archeological evidence and indeed the actual wording used in the earliest scriptures sort of paints the picture that judaism actually evolved into a monotheistic faith over time, all the while borrowing certain aspects and stories from other (polytheistic) religions in the region. so i don't buy that they 'forgot' that they were supposed to be monotheistic: i think it was the other way around. hence basing another monotheistic faith on the prophets of abraham and moses is automatically suspect imo.
    test
  15. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

this doesn't make sense, for judaism or islam.

there was pagans before the religions came, judaism incorporated the one god.

same deal with islam, before it came, most of the arab peninsula were practicing pagans, idol worshippers, they had a god/idol for damn near everything.

so which religion/practice exactly did judaism/islam borrow from?

test
  16. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

from other religions in mesopotamia that preceded judaism. stories like the flood story, adam and eve, and the tower of babel have older parallels in other mesopotamian myths (namely the epic of gilgamesh) which predated the jewish torah. the enuma elish is said to have certain similarities to the genesis biblical creation account (creation of the firmament, heavenly lights, man, dry land, etc.) though i think if you read the enuma elish the parallels are somewhat obscure in that case.

and of course there is a lot of controversy as to whether or not judaism has its roots in henotheistic monolatrism (basically acknowledging/not challenging the existence of other gods but dedicating their worship to one national god [yahweh]) but i think it fits pretty well not only with the hebrew bible but just with the trends of religions throughout history and the way that patron gods were so often adopted in that region at the time.

has the biblical commandment 'thou shall have no other gods before me' ever struck you as being worded somewhat odd?
    test
  17. TheBigPayback

Psalm 115:5
    5 They have mouths, but cannot speak, eyes, but they cannot see; 6 they have ears, but cannot hear, noses, but they cannot smell; 7 they have hands, but cannot feel, feet, but they cannot walk; nor can they utter a sound with their throats. 8 Those who make them will be like them, and so will all who trust in them. 9 O house of Israel, trust in the LORD—
    test
  18. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

but is it implying before time wise, or placement?

bring the jury before me.

you know what i'm trying to get at?

this is talking about idols, and idolaters.

idols are idle.

test
  19. TheBigPayback

test
  20. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

i take it as referring to placement in terms of worship. not sure what you mean by time wise. do you mean that i think he's saying thou shalt not think there were any gods who came before me in terms of chronology? cause thats not at all what i was getting at. i just find it odd that he would say thou shall not have any other gods before me as if the other gods aren't necessarily absent but are less important and less worth of devotion. meanwhile scriptures from later periods specifically note that there is only one god... this seems to fall in line perfectly with the idea that yahweh started out as a jewish national god in a polytheistic cultural background and evolved into the one god of monotheism.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.