5 questions for Christians about the bible

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by Jay Bee, Jul 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

1. How can the bible be changed if Matthew 5:17-18 says that Jesus wants you to follow the Old Testament until the end of times?

2. Wouldn't the second commandment make wearing crosses and images of jesus a sin?

3. Doesn't Revelation 2:23 make Jesus a baby killer?

4. Doesn't Mark 3:29 make blasphemy unforgiveable? Meaning I'm doomed?

5. If the bible is not meant to be taken literal, and is only meant to teach morals, isn't it possible that GOD is just made up to teach respect and give purpose?
    test
  2. WWByeye

WWByeye former White widow

1. New testament was written by 4 or more guys. Them all tell different type of stories, plus them didn`t write it down. Then there is translation issues.

2. No, why?

3. Can you repeat that, I don`t remember that?

4. How are you offending God if you ask questions? I don`t think God is that petty.

5. Anything is possible. That`s the stress of existentialism. If u not gonna live with
    God, live with that.

- Just answering cuz I`ve been smoking and listening shit about Islam all night
    and all I could say that stoned was "I don`t want to be cut"
    test
  3. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

2. bcuz the second commandment states "You shall not make for yourself a graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above" wouldnt that include images of jesus and crosses as "holy"?

3. "And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts"

4. in the bible blashphemy is called an unforgivable eternal sin. wouldnt that make him "that petty"
    test
  4. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

1. Jesus fullfilled the law of the old testiment. In doing so he became the law, took the punishment for breaking the law so that we could have grace through him.
    2. Its refering to worshipping idols, where ud be correct is the worship of mary in catholisim. Thats idol worship. Wearing a cross not so much, more of a respect issue.
    3 no. The verse is a letter from john to the church of ephises. The scripture is in reference to a symbolic jezebel spirit during the end of time, the children= followers of the beast or whoever takes the mark
    4. Mmmm. Blasphemy against the holy spirit. I havnt heard you do that. An the reason is because the holy spirit is sensitive. U can grieve him.
    5. Its a literal book. There are symbolic things in it like eziekiels vision. But its to be taken literally for the most part.
    test
  5. TheBigPayback

Good questions
    test
  6. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

about number 2. i kno catholics are the only believers in mary as praisable. and i understand about the cross. but explain to me how the many statues and pictures and jewelry of jesus, mary, etc are not against ""You shall not make for yourself a graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above"

about number 4. isn't denying the existance of god blasphemy? according to the bible even if i one day do praise god would i still be damned since its an unforgivable eternal sin? or if i live my life as a good, moral following, model citizen but still refused god into my heart am i still damned according to the bible?
    test
  7. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

2. you are right...wearing crosses is a form of worship not to mention disrespectful to God since his son was murdered on that thing
    3. God has and will always kill children to serve his purpose if need be

too lazy to answer the rest
    test
  8. TheBigPayback

Idolization assumes worship. It doesnt have to be a image whatever is first place in ur life can be an idol cus that place should be reserved for God. However u can still take something too far people can idolize pop stars without realizing their really doing it as well.
    So im answering based off the idea the thing hasnt become a item of worship.

No denying the existance of God isnt. The holy spirit it is. For the reasons i told you. An then it would go even further more to the extent that u knew the holy spirit, had relationship with the holy spirit then blatenly denyed the holy spirit. So theres a knowing and a sense of not caring involved as well.

Second part. Um. "Our works are not enough to get us into heaven" "even the righteous barely make it" "our good works are like dirty rags compared to the holiness of God"
    This is the problem. On our oen we could never be good enough to DESERVE heaven. Thats where jesus comes in. He was perfect in life in all his ways. His death was payment for all our sins. So his works got us all in. If you dont accept this gift however " there is no longer any atonement for sin" beyond that. God sees jesus not u. If you die with christ in your heart when u die God sees his son. If u dont he sees u, an its not enough to get in on ur own.
    test
  9. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

in conclusion: yes im damned bcuz i could give a shit less about anything spiritual.
    test
  10. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

here is the full 2nd commandment:

""You shall not make for yourself a graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them or serve them; for I The Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate Me, but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love Me and keep My Commandments."

you are only addressing the second part of the second commandment. but the part before the ; (which indicates that they are separate statements) is about making an image for urself of that which is in heaven which would make these images a sin correct?
    test
  11. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

elaborate.

almost the same command given by the prophet muhammad.

which is why you don't see images of him.

not really, you're asking the questions.

you'll find the answers.

:numaan:
    test
  12. TheBigPayback

right but you must address it in context.. everything in heaven and earth is a creation of Gods'
    So anything u worship that isnt him is worshiping something less than.
    So can you paint a scene of baby jesus in a manger? Yes.
    Can u paint the picture and place it on a alter to worship? No cus in essance ur not worshiping God ur worshiping the image. Worship gives power. Demons exploit that.
    test
  13. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

well since presumably jesus walked the earth and his crucifixion was specifically something that happened here on earth... is that really making images of that which is in heaven?
    test
  14. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

the cross no, but him as an angel, yes. Such as images of him in his usual all white walkin kids to heaven or just in the clouds chillin
    test
  15. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

[​IMG]

he needs to let people drive.

test
  16. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

Why is it only Christianity that gets mocked like this?

Seriously, "Christianity does this" but Islam doesn't? I'd include Jews but of all the Jews I've met only 1 family has actually practised it and that was around the niggas Barmitzfah which basically Christmas.
    test
  17. TheBigPayback

no it would be whats on the earth which also would be under his creation
    test
  18. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

if you're asking in regards to the images, then yes - islam doesn't do this.

it's not permissible to depict an image of the prophets, angels, or god.

that's why islam doesn't get mocked for it.

test
  19. TheBigPayback

I think he means in general.
    test
  20. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

in general? for what?

if anything islam cops it for holding onto the rules/laws that christianity and judaism conveniently gave up or don't practice it as much. same fucking laws.

what happens in judaism if a woman is found guilty for adultery? stoning to death.

is usury/interest based money in christianity illegal? yes.

it's the same laws, islam holds onto them. you's don't.

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.