4 Week countdown - 200$ up for grabs!!!!

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by J o o k, Dec 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheReturn

TheReturn Life of the Party

Robin Banks is what...like 4-1? No titles, no defenses, no appearances. Maybe a contender appearance.

I'd give you that 16 spot.
    test
  2. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

yea, he might just grab that 16 spot...
    test
  3. J o o k

J o o k Guest

test
  4. J o o k

J o o k Guest

then again what would be the reward of being ranked # 1 if you actually had competition first round.

i don't think i would put em @ 16
    test
  5. TheReturn

Give him what he deserves. I don't mind competition.
    test
  6. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

oh c'mon that'd be hysterical...oh but btw...return only has 3 defenses...or are you just assuming lok is a chump and will fall giving him 4 easy...
    test
  7. DaAlmightyDolla

DaAlmightyDolla Greatness

i want 2 be ranked 16
    test
  8. J o o k

J o o k Guest

Then dont change a thing
    test
  9. Bonnie Bathory

Bonnie Bathory New Member

=[

So... with all that said... am I gonna have to win every battle I'm in until this starts to have a chance at playin? cuz I am only 2-1 no titles, nada
    test
  10. TheReturn

Rofl.

DAD we're crew, I want you to see the second round so you have to shoot for 15.
    test
  11. J o o k

J o o k Guest

Nope, look how many people you have better records than in the top 16 .. I am sure you will be fine. Not ranked very high, but make it nonetheless.
    test
  12. Baron Mynd

Baron Mynd Swaggersaurus Rex

I just thought surely the fact Ive been part of this league since '03, helped mod it, wrote its magazines when its moderator(s) refused to put one up, have been 2x Champ, and have submitted topics and / or shown up every week of this season Ive been signed in and / or actually get my votes in would put me in a better position than someone who just happens to go 3-1 or whatever in the last three weeks of a season and ends up edging out whatever name I happen to be in as at the time. That sucks quite frankly.

Next season I may as well pre-write and take excessive weeks perfecting just FOUR verses, sign up for the final month of season, drop those four verses - go 4-0 - and make it to the sweet sixteen. And in the time over that month where I wont of had to write a single damn thing, I could of perfected my round one and two verses ready for the sweet sixteen stages. Thats basically what your encouraging. Forget the people who have been in the league the entire season, lets just have the lazy fucktards who join for four weeks then get in ahead of those who actually turn up and participated in the league when there WAS no cash incentive!

Maybe its just me who thinks that, and its not even like I wont make the cut because Ill just ghost for GL anyway if you dont let me in. Just pointing out its a shitty way to treat those who actually turned up and did the damn thing throughout the whole season...
    test
  13. J o o k

J o o k Guest

Baron hasn't read a single thing I said.

Lol. Wow.
    test
  14. TheReturn

But see, in any seasonal sport, teams make the playoffs based on what they do over the course of the season, not since '03. Players can't switch teams midseason and then go back to their old team to start the playoffs. It just doesn't work like that. Stay signed in with one name, beat the people you're up against, and it will all work out fine. There's no sense in making aliases. There's no sense in signing out every two weeks because "all the good talent signs in at the bottom." And there's no sense in ghost writing for Got Life? because he's going to be the one that gets the money, not you.
    test
  15. J o o k

J o o k Guest

TR why did you quote "all the good talent signs in at the bottom".

He didn't actually say that .. did he?
    test
  16. Baron Mynd

Cos you all just seem to group up on me lately, like Im the new Got Life? or something.

Give a wigger a break. :^/
    test
  17. TheReturn

That's not a direct quote but he mentioned the fact that he signs out and signs in on a different name to face the old vets that sign in and get put at the bottom. Which makes sense I guess if you want to face the talent, but half the time they no show anyways, so who knows?
    test
  18. J o o k

J o o k Guest

We love baron movement.
    test
  19. Baron Mynd

No, I get bored of hearing Dic saying I only win based off my name so I use someone elses name until people realise its me, then I sign it out because it isnt fun anymore. Then I'll use another one, and so on and so forth. Just to give me something to prove in that my name DOESNT win matches for me. Also, Ive been champ twice before, and once you reach the top theres really nothing else to achieve so you start slacking. I always write harder when working my way up, so it keeps me on point too this way. Its fun. And I prove, even if just to myself
    , that I can win without my name.

Thats all their is to it.
    test
  20. UneekTestimony

UneekTestimony New Member

Gawd DAMNIT!! I have Finals week coming up. Meh.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.