4 Reasons Tom Brady is Overrated

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by hYpOconDriAdIcT, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hYpOconDriAdIcT

hYpOconDriAdIcT New Member

and this whole "All QBs who've won a SB had a good D" is bullshit because there are too many variables.. for instance, some of those offenses were so good at ball control that the other teams offense didnt see the field... some of those teams would run up the score so fast that the other team was forced to become one dimensional and only pass.. and as even u know that leads to a ton of turnovers.. sometimes the best defense is a good offense and unless ur defense completely sucks (like peyton's did for damn-near his whole career) a great offense can make a defense look better then what it is.. With the patriots that wasn't the case.. they genuinley had a great defense. I'm not sayin that applies to every QB u mentioned but to some of them it does. But that to me doesnt really make Brady less of a QB.
    test
  2. toker

toker My Money Grow On Trees

how is a team that went 5-11 good???

u kids act like brady is ben roflburger who inherited a playoff contender..

5-11..

then they start off 0-2.. lost to the fucking bengals(6-10) lol..thats good??? u kids r a joke.. coming into the 01 season the team had no expectations.. go read the pre-season ranking or whatever back then.. we were supposed to suck an be bad for a minute.. we just gave bledsoe a 10 yr extension had and had very little talent.. then a nigga struck gold..

good thiing they got the red hot COLTS next ahahahahaha.. how ironic brady gets his first start/win vs the overrated baby peyton manning

u kids know the rest

BTW our 01 draft was supposed to suck.. go read the draft comments.. we took seymour an matt light.. they talked shit cus we passed on david terrell and some other chumps.. mufuckers been hating..
    test
  3. toker

here is what tom brady had to work with on offense his 1st season playing since some u kids think he had everything gifted (peyton) ...

rbs/fbs
    antowain smith
    kevin faulk
    patrick pass
    jr redmond
    marc edwards

wrs-
    troy brown
    david patten
    bert emanuel
    torrence small
    charles johnson
    terry glenn - suspended by BB.. best wr by far on team n brady dont get him

tes-
    jermaine wiggins
    rod rutlidge

OT- matt light, adrian kleem, grant williams, greg robinson
    OG- mike compton, joe andruzzi, kenyatta jones
    OC- damien woody, grey ruegamer

and u wanna compare this to my team now????? lmao

most those guys aint even in the league anymore

peyton manning on the other hand was babied his whole life.. he had marshall faulk (hof), harrison (hof), an a 1st rd LT waiting for him...
    test
  4. hYpOconDriAdIcT

Well Matt Leinart Sucks and pretty much any QB who gets plugged into that system at USC puts numbers up.

Bill Belichick himself said 'if we thought Brady was that good we woulda drafted him earlier." same with Seymor and Wilfork, great picks.. but dont for a minute think that they knew what kind of players they were when they were drafted and vinatieri was a fucking kicker dumbass, undrafted kickers doing well isnt unheard of

Who the fuck said the Pat's organization doesn't know what their doing?? if anything this thread suggest the exact opposite...the Pats have been doing more with less for years.. EX. Tom Brady

[youtube]dT_6SRdh9Nc[/youtube]
    test
  5. hYpOconDriAdIcT

#1 peyton inherited a 2-14 team
    #2 Marshal Faulk had a wopping 1054 yds the year before
    #3 Marvin Harrison had a wopping 850 yds recieving
    #4 when a player goes to the worst team in the NFL and u consider that 'babying' it shows what little u know.

Marshall Faulk is a HOFer but at that time he wasn't playing like it and got better as soon as peyton got there and Marvin Harrison wasn't shit until peyton arrived.. isnt it funny how Peyton can turn his all his recievers into superstars But Brady can't? (dont mention Moss or Welker) that should tell u something.

and to be honest I cant follow every O-lineman in the league but when u showed me that list three names stuck out, matt light, joe andruzzi and damien woody.. woody and light made multible pro bowls and andruzzi was a solid guard wtf do u want for ur princess? show me a team with 5 probowl o lineman

and as I said before NE had the pieces in place when Brady got there, its funny u left out the Defense he inherited.. u may have forgot.. I'll remind u

Ty Law
    Richard seymour
    Willie Mcginest
    Mike Vrabel
    Bryan Cox
    Tedy Bruschi
    Otis Smith
    Lawyer Milloy

just to name a few.... but nooo Tom brady didnt have any help at all.. Peyton started in a much better situation... what the fuck r u token anyways?
    test
  6. toker

in 01 troy brown(30) was heading into his 9th season yet never had a 1000 yrd season. former late rd pick

david patten was a jag.. he never had more than 40 catches or 600 yards b4 NE.. 2 Td was his high.. lol

and u blaming the guy for not lighting it up??? lol

deion branch 5'9 2nd rd pick.. quicker than he is fast
    david givens 7th rd pick

oooooo scary..

how bout the tandem of jabar gaffney/reche caldwell.. gaffney couldnt even make the eagle sqaud haha..

and its to bad i cant find my stats inc link anymore.. cus the oline sucked.. shit matt light still gives up like 7 sacks a yr.. every AFC east DE has owned him.. andruzzi is garbage u dumbass.. woody made the PB but left after.. dude was a OC who couldnt shotgun snap wtf????? but then he fell on his face in Detroit..
    test
  7. toker

ok.. harrison is still better than troy brown..
    n faulk is better than smith
    and glenn is better than grant williams/rookie matt light

and u should really re check manning stats.. they arent as good as u would think.. remember he plays over half his games in a dome..

lets remind ourselves the weapons he gots..

1st rd TE
    1st rd RB = marshall faulk, edge, addai, and now donald brown
    1st rd Wr= harrison. wayne, gonzales
    1ts rd OT- glenn, ugoh
    pro bowl C= saturday

u would think he numbers would be out this world.. we all saw what kurt warner was able to do with these kinda weapons

but no..

ya he had that 1 big yr when everybody else did( thank the new rules).. but other than that kinda avg TD production

49, 33, 31, 31 r his best yrs.. brady in his first yr with weapons broke what took yrs for manning

brady was puttin up around 28 with branch and givens..

give them equal parts.. id love to see brady shit on manning
    test
  8. toker

i didnt forget shit.. why would i post our defensive ranks if i was trying to ignore them??

i have no problem admitting we had a good/great D..

go find me a qb that won a Sb that didnt have a good one..
    test
  9. hYpOconDriAdIcT

wow thats easy..His name is Peyton Manning, do u even watch football? lol ranked 23rd in the league in points allowed that season, and dont even gimme that "they played better down the stretch" bullshit because they were average at best that season.
    test
  10. hYpOconDriAdIcT

OMG u r retarded.... why is it that marvin harrison wasnt a weapon before Peyton?? u just named 4 seasons where peyton outshined Brady but u know what I'm curious... lets take a closer look at these 2 statistically

Peyton Yds/~45,628~ Comp%/ 64.4 TDs ~333~
    ^^^^ ^^^
    Brady Yds/~26,446~ Comp%/ 63.0 TDs ~197~
    (WOOOOW NOT EVEN CLOSE STUPID)

I kno I kno.. Peyton played longer right? well lets see what his stats look like after i remover Peyton's BEST 3 seasons. even tho thats not really fair but what the hell im curious

Yds 32,245 Comp% 64.2 TDs 220 RAT 94.1

LMFAO still better in every meaningful statistical catagory.. im sorry that right there just shuts down ur whole arguement.. im not even gonna entertain this comparison anymore.. its stupid.
    test
  11. toker

do u???

cus if u did u would know they werent playing like the 23rd rank D during the POs.. sorta like i dunno WHAT WE SAW THIS YR.....

cardinals D was ranked 28th but sure as hell not playing like it come PO

u certainly dont think it was peyton manning do u?? cus that was some of his worst games ever dumbass

colts shut down larry johnson.. hold the cheifs to 8 pts.. addai runs wild on the cheifs.. 122 yrds 4.88 ypc.. u would think he would have a good game.. nope.. manning has 3 ints

how bout the ravens

colts D held them to 2 FGs.. whats manning do?? throw 2 ints..

had an alright game vs my team.. 1/1 but he wasnt the reason why they won.. their D shut out our team in the 2nd half.. still cant believe we choked that one away

their D also held the bears to 10 pts..

the D outplayed manning 3 out of the 4 games..

but what else is new.. manning always under performs in the playoffs..

manning 3 td 7 ints in the POs
    test
  12. toker

do u just pull out random numbers??

who cares about blind stats.. actually break that shit down.. pull brady vs manning stats vs common opponents.. pull their stats when the D gives up a # of points.. compare the numbers in the dome vs outdoors..

i mean if u just look at stats john elway looks avg

56.9 comp %
    never threw more than 27 tds
    threw for 4k only once
    career qb rating under 80

yet hes always in discussion for top 5.. funny how that is

now go get those heads up #s..

and why is it that manning sucks so much come playoffs?? their offense normally finishes top 5 yet he cant score for shit unless its the cheifs/broncos

its like the D n O switch.. the D will play better than their rank while the offense under performs.
    test
  13. toker

since people wanna be stat monkey and not watch game or factor in variables lets make HOFs look bad

supposedly brady is a fruad cus he doesnt put up "peyton manning numbers"

well lets see how others fare

the great joe montana
    -did u know he only threw more than 30tds once?? is that impressive considering he had rice??
    -did u know he never threw for 4k yards

guess hes a fruad too

how bout elway..

27tds is the most he ever threw.. hit 4k yards once.. and has a sub 60% completion ratio.. top 5 i think not

steve young- granted he didnt play as long
    2 x over 4k, 2 times over 30 tds

i guess brett farve should be ur number 1 qb then

5 x 4k yards
    8x atleast 30tds

funny thing is i always see the above 3 usually higher than farve... the 1st 2 4sho
    test
  14. hYpOconDriAdIcT

OK call me a stat monkey only when I crush ur boy with them. meanwhile uve been droppin stats and numbers this whole time, starting threads based on stats lol wutever.

Stats aside, it was different aspects of their game dude... for one Young and Elway were 2 of the best scramblers of all time, did u bother to did up their rushing stats.. or ho many sacks they dodged?.... Elway was captain comeback and the story book ending helps his legend A LOT and their numbers show how good manning really is.. ur making manning look good with ur arguements lol and funny u mention Elway cuz he didnt have the best track record in the playoffs either, nor did Young for that matter (My Cowboys saw to that) ~~and by the way, whoever u talk to that puts Young ahead of favre should be shot in the shin~~

And I'm glad u brought Montana up because I do think he's overrated... u wanna talk about a guy with HOFers all around him? and on a west coast offense? holy shit, plus he was a pussy, I got Favre ahead of him also
    test
  15. hYpOconDriAdIcT

and I never said Brady was a fraud because of Mannings numbers, I said manning was a better all around QB by comparing them (I know what a crazy thing to do right?) come to think of it I never said Brady was a fraud period. Overrated, Not in the top 5 of all time..... quit twistin my words to help ur weak arguements
    test
  16. 3ternal

3ternal Stay hungry my friend.

Manning is not a better QB he is in a different system.

Brady had scrubs for receivers most of his career.

As soon as he gets Moss and Welker who are =/= Harrison and Wayne, bam perfect season and TD record.
    test
  17. toker

all u do is post raw stats.. what fuckin good does that do?? why do u look into the context of things..

peyton manning should put up better numbers than brady..

manning plays at least 60% of his games in a weather less dome.. brady plays at least 68% of his games outdoors.. manning has played 97 games indoor.. brady.. try 10 hahahaha.. u tell me which is easier to qb in..

yet somehow brady puts up better numbers in both environments lol

peyton manning
    indoors- 100.4 qb rating, 65.7%, 201/82 TD/Int or 2.45
    out- 88.3 qb rating, 63%, 132/83 Tds/Ints ratio or 1.59 TDs per INT

brady
    in- 104.7 qb rating, 67.2%, 22/9 TD/INT or 2.44 tds per int
    out- 91.9 qb rating, 62.6 %, 175/77 or 2.27 tds per int

look at the differences in mannings numbers and tell me playing in that dome isnt inflating his numbers..

not to mention playing with a nothing but 1sr rd picks..
    test
  18. hYpOconDriAdIcT

OK.. I actually now have more respect for toker then I have for you... Marvin Harrison is the same weapon randy moss is? ill juss stop u right there.. as I said earlier im done entertaining stupid comparisons... PEYTON MANNING MADE MARVIN HARRISON GOOD, SAME WITH REGGIE WAYNE.. WHY CANT TOM BRADY FANS ACCEPT THAT?

and the only reason Ill address the systems comment is because I havent done it before, the Patriots run a modern version (Slightly modified) of the "Run -n- Shoot" now to some of u, u prolly dont know wut this is... Toker might... But the Run -n- Shoot is the most QB friendly system ever designed giving Brady plenty of good oppertunities. PEYTON MANNINGS SYSTEM IS JUST THAT...... PEYTON MANNING'S SYSTEM, THE GUY IS HIS OWN OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR, CALLIN PLAYS ON HIS OWN... SWITCHIN IN TO NO HUDDLE ON HIS, QUICK SNAPS, PRE-SNAP READS OR COMBINING THEM, GOING NO HUDDLE AND CALLING UNSCRIPTED PLAYS AT THE LINE. LOL lets see Brady's spoon fed ass do that.
    test
  19. hYpOconDriAdIcT

This is by far the worst arguement you've presented thus far.

Yes Brady put up better numbers out doors, ur right.

Did u bother to mention that most of Bradys outdoor games are HOME GAMES and EVER SINGLE GAME MANNING PLAYED OUTDOORS WAS AN AWAY GAME. AND STILL PUT UP SIMILAR STATS HAHAHAHAHAHA
    KEEP MAKIN HIM LOOK GOOD FOR ME HAHAHAHAHA

But no Toker, even tho we are talkin about advantages that fields present, I guess the biggest advantage of all isn't important... LOL HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE
    test
  20. DannyC

DannyC Stay golden, pony boy.

the fact that this thread was born on the simple notion that u are a homer cowboy fan and hate the patriots completely negates your entire argument.

i could make one of these threads and give u a million reasons peyton manning is overrated (starting with his two savior receivers) but everyone knows that the top two qb's in the nfl are not overrated, thats why theyre the top 2 qb's in the nfl

...and romo will never have a ring, he's mr. one-and-done
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.