4 Reasons Tom Brady is Overrated

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by hYpOconDriAdIcT, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hYpOconDriAdIcT

hYpOconDriAdIcT New Member

4. Matt Cassel's numbers

The success of Matt Cassel and the New England Patriots was the cause for great celebration, not only for the faithful Patriot fans, but also for all the truly knowledgeable football fans who see Tom Brady as the luckiest professional athlete of all time.

The understanding minority that have not been duped by the persistent hype and glorification of this average quarterback finally have the proof that has been overlooked and hidden under the ESPN hoopla.

Matt Cassel represents the truth. In his first season he threw for 3693 yrds, 21 TDs, completed 63.4% of his passes and boasted a 89.4 QB rating... thats a better QB rating then Tom Brady had for his 1st 3 years STARTING in the league. Actually prior to '07 Brady only put up a better QB rating twice, more yards twice and a better cmp% ONCE!!!

3. Tom Brady is a system QB

Systems make teams dominant, not QBs, not star wide receivers. Matt Cassel still needed the Pats defense to be as good as they were four years ago, and then he could have been the next "Hall-of-Fame quarterback."

Yes, Tom Brady has been on championship teams, but he has not won the championships. He has contributed to the team as a solid leader on offense and completed the tasks he was assigned for the most part. But he was part of the team that won. He didn't win them himself.

So does that make him the best QB ever? Not even close, says Matt Cassel.

If Cassel didn't fit the above criteria, why is Brady a hero and Cassel not? Cassel didn't win the Lombardi Trophy because the team wasn't as good as it used to be. But what's with his numbers? How can he pass for 400 yards in a game twice, put up the kind of numbers he did and not be as good or at least compared to Tom Brady?

If compared to Tom Brady, then why not some of the best QBs of all time? Is it too ridiculous to compare Cassel with John Elway? If so, why not Brady with Elway? Rings?

Tom Brady would not even be in the league if he had been drafted by the Kansas City Chiefs, Cleveland Browns, or any other team not name the New England Patriots.

2. Super Bowl 42

Tom Brady is the most overrated QB of all time and should never be discussed in the same breath as Steve Young, Johnny Unitas, Brett Favre, or John Elway.

These QBs have had teams built around them and succeeded—their talent is timeless. They all have strong arms and can run with the ball enough to be a threat. They all came through during crunch time and are great leaders on the field.

Brady has alright arm strength and is a good field leader. However, he lacks mobility like the aforementioned QBs and, although hyped up to be clutch, is found wanting.

If he kicked the field goals instead of Adam Vinatieri, then I would give him two out of four. However, when Mr. Brady finally experienced an offensive line that didn't dominate the line of scrimmage, he cost the Pats the Super Bowl by missing some key throws late in the third and forth quarters on third down against the New York Giants.

what about his other SBs??? (see: #1)

1. Spygate

One of the biggest and most indisputable pieces of evidence that supports my theory. I meen how hard was it to pick apart defenses when you have illegal footage of their practices and walk-thrus??
    To me, and any other knowledgeable football fan, discredits everything they did prior to '07 and is prolly the main reason they PADDED their stats in '07 in an attempt to prove they were good without the illegal tapes, irony, it seems, had other plans.
    test
  2. hYpOconDriAdIcT

[youtube]MX05Lfl2HxA&feature=related[/youtube]
    test
  3. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

i wouldn't say he's overrated....he just shouldn't be put on such a high pedestal yet
    test
  4. Fatal is back

Fatal is back New Member

I'm a bills fan and I hate the patriots with a passion but brady cold
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  5. DannyC

DannyC Stay golden, pony boy.

u dont throw 50 td's in 16 games without being one of the best ever.

hi hater
    test
  6. Cool Dude

Cool Dude krakka

lmao @ this bullshit

your reasons are basically buckets with holes

they hold no water.
    test
  7. hYpOconDriAdIcT

yea culpepper threw 40 in '04.. so should he be compared with the best ever? interestingly enough theres a common denominator between these 2 QBs.. its RANDY MOSS.. before his arrival did Tom Brady even throw more then 30 in a season? u lose

hi loser
    test
  8. hYpOconDriAdIcT

ok well if theres so many holes why dont u point one out? identify one hole in my story.. if u cant then dont post
    test
  9. Fatal is back

Fatal is back New Member

Culpepper is complete shit tho lmao. When peyton had 49 td passes he had a monster wr cast so its safe to say every qb needs weapons. Brady was good b4 moss but got stupid great with him. Brady is overrated by some but to me he still 2nd best qb in league behind peyton. I jus don't get why they act like he top 5 ever already.....
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  10. hYpOconDriAdIcT

i actually can agree with that.. he's probably the 2nd best in the league right now and there is no question peyton is the best... this thread goes out to the idiots who put him in the top 5 ever
    test
  11. Fatal is back

Fatal is back New Member

Then I agree wit this thread title lol
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  12. SpAnKy

SpAnKy 플레이보이

Danny C is a fat homer
    test
  13. ~Eloquent

~Eloquent Narcissistic....

Brady definitely deserves to be a top 5 QB as of right now,
    but the Patriots have plenty of other weapons and have had mostly a top 10 defense since Brady has been there too,
    Brady didnt have near the weapons back when he won the first super bowl he does now though...
    the year when Bledsoe got injured and the Patriots are 0-2

he definitely benefits having a really good team around him though alot like Rothliesberger,
    one thing from both of them though is poise to make clutch plays numerous times
    people usually base on whos the best ever in each sport by championships a lot...
    so Roth is damn good also cuz he makes plays and really smart decisions when they really need him to,but just based on championships Roth would be placed up there too...

and then Marino never won any championships,but if he was on a different team,he had really good WR's at the start,Clayton,Duper....

definitely at the end of his career at least he didnt seem to have all that much to work with though

nothin like Brady within the last few years....

i believe Brady is tops in the league right now cuz of his accuracy,poise and clutch play though....
    test
  14. hYpOconDriAdIcT

maybe in the top 5 now.. but not ever

and its funny u mentioned the 1st SB he won. the year bledsoe got hurt because he shouldnt have even been there.. that tuck rule shit was the most shitty thing i ever whitnessed... he fumbled.. blew the game.. gotta gift from heaven called the tuck rule... doesnt admit to being lucky... and somehow noone remembers that part
    test
  15. Dead Broke

Dead Broke Money is the motivation

Wordz is wise. This thread is right on.
    test
  16. hYpOconDriAdIcT

^^someone gotta tell the truth man
    test
  17. DannyC

3 rings

hi hater
    test
  18. DannyC

hi hater
    test
  19. hYpOconDriAdIcT

oh yea, so he got one of those in that 50 TD (stat padding) season ur referring to right? oh wait..... (see: #2)
    test
  20. Dead Broke

Dead Broke Money is the motivation

Anytime a bum like Matt Cassel can get PT and shine like that, you know it has to do with the system.

I'm not taking anything away from Tom Brady, he's made some clutch throws and big plays but he's overated.

He was blessed with an ill defense and now he got weapons galore to work with. Nobody in this thread told Wordz why is logic is flawed at all.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.