4 more weeks!!...

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by Konscious, Jul 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yea but your a ninja
    test
  2. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

It's always mind over matter... women have been giving birth naturally for thousands of years, so why is it hard for you to comprehend that it can be done without drugs?

It's a natural process that the female body is equipped to handle.
    test
  3. Um, I never said it couldn't be done without drugs -- I believe we were arguing over the morality surrounding whether women should or should not opt for drugs.
    test
  4. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

But then you went on to question the mind's capability to relax the body enough to undergo such a process...
    test
  5. Hidden_Poetry

Hidden_Poetry New Member

Oh yeah. True true. I got the skillz.....whoot!

But for real, to dude that had the abortion (Well, didn't actually HAVE lol but you know what I'm saying). I'm really sorry to hear all of that :eek:( Although I can understand WHY you both choose that way. But you also got to realize that you can STILL finish a career and make something of yourself with a child :eek:) I mean, as long as you have a line of supporters to help. Anything is posisble :eek:) I however didn't choose to go that route. So still 7yrs later I'm a stay at home mom lol. But I do know many families that have small ones that still were successful in their career's/studies :eek:)
    test
  6. k let me break it down..You seemed to imply that women should go through the 'natural process'. I asked what difference it made to the child and what was wrong with numbing the pain..I got not reply. You then argued that its mind over matter controlling the pain, and used the example of women throughout the ages managing, and you would be right. But are you seriously saying that if drugs had been available way back then, women wouldn't have used them? Thats like saying people back in the day were tougher cus they had operations without anasthetic. No It's because they didn't have a choice.

I think people take this naturalist argument a lil too far when they say "do this" but do not have a good reason why except that they themselves did it and believe it is right.
    Its like telling someone to walk across hot coals without socks, I mean yea, you the man, but dayum, look at yo feet!
    test
  7. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

Show me where I implied that women should go through the natural process.
    test
  8. Um, the fact that u have tried to argue the point with me, like saying, " how would u know, when ya not a woman..etc

but hey, since you wanna skip details, I guess we are done here.
    test
  9. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

I never stated nor implied what a woman should or should not do regarding childbirth. You're trying to put words in my mouth and tie me to a specific stance. I started out asking questions and I gave you MY personal stance on drugs in general. I only reported what I've learned in class and from women about the nature of natural childbirth.

What relevant details did I skip?
    test
  10. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

And I stand by that statement, because whether it is a blessing or not is a personal determination... and you have to deliver a child in order to experience it personally.

And as far as the baby's well-being, anything that enters the mother's bloodstream enters the baby's as well. The placenta is not a 'filter,' but a passageway.
    test
  11. How can u say im putting words in your mouth when you make out im saying something i'm not. I never said that you could actually experience the act without going through childbirth. I said I could have an opinion about drugs and childbirth and you made out I couldn't cus I'm not a woman.

So why didnt you just say you was against drugs during childbirth because they may have side-effects? I'd like to see evidence of what these drugs do to the baby.
    test
  12. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

I guess I need to quote you again, because you're obviously not reading what you wrote:

This is an uninformed opinion... why? Because you've NEVER and will NEVER experience childbirth... do you get it?

There's plenty of research available.

It's common knowledge that all drugs have side effects, btw.
    test
  13. Tell me why not going through the experience personally makes me exempt from having an opinion on a.) the effects of the drugs on the child b.) the effects of the pain of labour on the childs wellbeing. c.)the pros and cons of having a natural birth

saying something is common knowledge isnt always substantial enough.
    You should have said all drugs have effects, not just side-effects. Side effects gives a negative undertone to all drugs. Drugs which are used in some of the best hospitals in the world and have withstood vigorous clinical trial testing. Besides, sometimes the side-effects of drugs arent enough to warrant stopping taking them.
    test
  14. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

^No disrespect BBG, but you frustrate my sense of logic... it's like arguing with my little sister... I don't know how else to explain it to you.
    test
  15. No offense taken.but maybe its not my infantile-like-logic at all and you need to fine tune yours?
    hmm
    test
  16. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

Ok... I look forward to disagreeing with you in the future... maybe then you'll accept your sonnage.
    test
  17. tight-eyes

tight-eyes Such a F*cking Lady!

test
  18. I don't argue just to disagree,besides, your posts follow one integral theme--Cop out after cop out after cop out. Hence you are in no position to say you sonned anybody, not even your lil sister, sorry.
    test
  19. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

^I don't cop-out... but if it makes you feel better...

And like tight-eyes suggested, I'll stop here.
    test
  20. Oh you do cop out. You say there is lots of research available, yet do not provide any. You skip over all my premises in every post, and just scream' hey your not a woman'. You make out like the reason You dont answer said premises, is because of me, like I dont get it, when really you dont know your ass from ya elbow. You dont have an answer to anything, but are too stubborn to admit it, and thus cut posts short to save a lil pride.

&

lol@having the audacity to think she was talking about you..
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.