4 more weeks!!...

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by Konscious, Jul 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

...or whenever this baby decides to come. I'm getting anxious more and more each day. We plan to do the natural childbirth thing and I have to be the labor coach, you know, being the father and all. We toured the maternity ward last week and I gotta tell you... I started to get dizzy from just watching the newborns in the nursery. I wish the hospital had a bar. I'm just wondering, how many of you mothers have undergone a natural birth and how was it for you? Were your support people supportive or hindrances? How long was your labor and delivery?
    test
  2. Short2003

Short2003 AbsoluteHotness

My first was not that great.. It was 28 hours of back labour any other girl here who has had it will vouche for me it's very painful. I went for 24 hours w/o anything but I was having a hard time, my labour was progressing to slow and his heart rate kept dropping so they were going to give me a c-section.. They made me get a epidural in preparation for the c-section but I ended up not needing one.

With my second was about 18 hours.. I was having really irregular contractions, like one, then 10 mins later another, the next came 5 minutes, then i wouldnt get one for like 15 minutes and so on.. This went on for about 16 hours then I called my doctor and I was like yeah, they are irregular but it's been 16 hours and she told me not to come in until they were regular..An hour and a half later they started coming every 3 minutes.. I waited for about another 15 minutes and realized that they werent stopping so I went to the hospital.. They tried to put me in an observation room, I was like no, this kid is like, coming now.. And of course as soon as they checked me they rushed all the equpiment into the room.. I still had my shirt and socks on..lol.. There was just no time, the on-call doctor who was in the hospital didn't even make it, she was delivered by the nurses.. It was 7 minutes from the time I arrived to the time I had her.. So she was totally natural.
    test
  3. Short2003

I forgot to answer the support questions.. With my son, my dude was there almost the whole time my own mother told him to go home and get some rest, I was freaking pissed off.. But yeah, so my mom was there with me the time when he was gone.. Once I started having complications and they told me I was going for a c-section they called our house and he didnt answer so I sent my dad there to get him.. I was on the way down to the O.R. for the episiotimy and he finally came.. He was great once we got in there.. I remember looking at him and all of a sudden his face went white but I didnt say anything.. Once I had him and we were settled into the room he said that when that happened they had just cut me and he said all he saw was a stream of blood pouring down into a bowl on the floor..lol..
    He said he didnt know if he would be able to handle seeing everything but he did great, as will you too...
    For my second it was me, my mom and 2 nurses that were my support.. My dude was droppping my son off at a sitters so he missed everything..
    test
  4. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

Yeah, I'm hoping tight-eyes won't be too much trouble... so far, she's been an awesome baby-mama.
    test
  5. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

ok, I'm just joking... she's not my baby-mama, she's my mistress... but er uh, I'm cool with the sight of blood, it's just the whole experience of the baby poppin' out that seems freaky to me.
    test
  6. tight-eyes

tight-eyes Such a F*cking Lady!

1) Konscious, you're a heathen. God, I hate the words "baby-mama" & "baby-daddy".

2)Too many support people in the room is a bad idea... they don't help, and they get in the way of the hospital staff, who constantly have to come in & out of the room to check charts & monitors & also periodic vaginal checks to see how far along the patient has dialated. You guys will want privacy. It's cool if the support people wanna come in and sit for maybe 10 - 15 minutes every so often while she's in labor, just to check on you guys and lend moral support... but that's it. Once it's time to push - they need to kick rocks.
    test
  7. K Senior

K Senior Lyrical Great White

word i knew y'all was together.

i'm just playin, but for real when my kids were born i was deployed, for all three of them, so you are a lucky man.

i was 19 when my son was born, and i was scared shitless, it may seem a little overwhelming, but don't worry homie, thats when the instincts take over.

it's hard, i'm not gonna lie, but it gets easy, being a daddy is the best part of my life. i wouldn't trade it for anything.
    test
  8. the Prince

the Prince New Member

best of luck
    test
  9. Ms. Persephone

Ms. Persephone New Member

I'll vouch.
    test
  10. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

Tights, you never answered my questions... and what I meant by support people were the labor coach(es), whether it was the father, your mother, sister, aunt, etc. and/or doulas, the hospital support person.
    test
  11. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

Props dawg, I woulda panicked had I been a father at 19... what are their sex?
    test
  12. yo man, its not that bad in some countries they tie rope around the guys balls and the lady is allowed to pull on it whenever she gets a labour pain.

Its to balance the inequality.
    test
  13. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

What about the 9 months of pain we get to experience dealing with her HORMONES?? That more than balances it out, no?

Many women have said that the pain is a 'rite of passage' and to endure it really places you in the sisterhood or something to that effect... [now before anyone comes in and tries to bite my head off, notice I said "many women have said..." ...and no, I don't have a google link for that info.]
    test
  14. tight-eyes

That's what I was talking about, too - friends and family.

What questions didn't I answer? About my own labors? Ummm... they hurt... I had epidurals and then all was merry. I never considered not having any medication... I never saw the point in putting myself through all of that misery, when I could be comfortable and still have the same end result... a healthy child.

Did that answer your question?
    test
  15. should a guy say "pushhhhhhhhhhh"? or does that just annoy you..lol
    test
  16. Short2003

it never annoyed me
    test
  17. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

Did the fact that your baby was susceptible to those drugs ever concern you?
    test
  18. tight-eyes

test
  19. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

^How do you feel about the women who believe that the pain is not "misery" but indeed a 'rite of passage' or a blessing to experience in order to help facilitate life and bring it into the world?
    test
  20. lol the pain makes no difference to whether it is a blessing or not, or the babies well being for that matter.
    Thats like saying why take headache tablets for ya migraine, when the headache is natural and should be rode out till it goes on its own.

If they can numb the pain for a woman in childbirth then I dont blame her for having and wanting it.

Women who are against epidurals would be women who didnt have them themselves and feel like women are being wimps because *they* managed to get through labour without drugs.

I think you're just picking on any lil thing to snag on tights.

lol no offense.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.