4 Kings 2:23-24

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by JASON ANTHONY, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JASON ANTHONY

JASON ANTHONY White Devil

I curse you in the name of the Lord, Alias.
    test
  2. Alias3000

Alias3000 Well-Known Member

good thing for me, the prayers of heathens don't reach God.
    test
  3. breathlesss

breathlesss Registered Sex Offender

and no, not HAARP, they were both related to them fuckin' mexican siblings Nina and Nino...and the massiveness of the catastrophe was the result of human stupidity in the location of living on low land near the ocean

and wait, there's gonna be a shitton of orphan spirits in heaven then?
    test
  4. JASON ANTHONY

You can call me a heathen all you want, Alias. In my honest opinion, your god looks down on a blasphemous, womanizing (supposedly, though no one believes it for a second), hypocrite such as yourself with more disdain.

The Bears would have their way with you before eating you face first.
    test
  5. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

sound's to me like this story is projecting that children should respect their elder's or else they finna be mauled by bears...

sounds pretty reasonable.. I encourage children to listen to their elders. if it took a mob of 42 wicked scoffing mocking children to get fucked up by 2 bears 2,000 year's ago to have an effect on children rearing today. i'd see no harm in it..

let's be serious here for a minute..

you hear about the people that hopped into the lion's cage or tigers cage @ the zoo? katt williams mention's it in a stand up he did.. anyways the tiger ate them.. people were like 'omg those tigers should be killed" etc.. nah nigga that's what the tigers do.. eat shit and fuck shit up.. that's what they do, those people had no business jumpin into their domain.. in this case. a group of kids that are being rowdy attract two bears and they get mauled.. explain to me this how the fuck does 2 bears maul 42 children? wouldnt some escape?
    test
  6. breathlesss

breathlesss Registered Sex Offender

obviously, the kids were in wheelchairs
    test
  7. JASON ANTHONY

nobody respects double
    test
  8. JASON ANTHONY

It must have been two man-bear-pigs.
    test
  9. the omega man

the omega man so, it goes

No prayers reach God. Nor, do they have any influence. God has a divine plan. Random people praying can't change a divine plan.....ITS DIVINE.
    test
  10. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Prayers reach God. Depends if its his will what your asking for tho.
    test
  11. Geedorah

Geedorah King

MAybe it was translated wrong.
    test
  12. TheBigPayback

so what is the verse #
    test
  13. TheBigPayback

Bro 4 kings is not a book whats the actual book /chapter
    test
  14. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

lmaoo man I mention that first passage all of the time. It shows god to be either one of two things. 1. the product of primitive violent imaginations 2. an evil bastard.

Christians in here defending that only show they are horrible people.
    test
  15. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

2nd Kings, and then the rest of it is correct.
    test
  16. TheBigPayback

2 Kings 2:23-24, “Then he went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up by the way, young lads came out from the city and mocked him and said to him, “Go up, you baldhead; go up, you baldhead!” 24 When he looked behind him and saw them, he cursed them in the name of the LORD. Then two female bears came out of the woods and tore up forty-two lads of their number.”

Why would God allow two bears to kill 42 young lads simply for saying Elisha was bald? Let’s take a look. Elisha was traveling from Jericho to Bethel when a group of young men verbally accosted him. 42 is a large number of people, and they were probably an organized group who had gone out to challenge Elisha. Their mockery implied a malicious intent; especially when the culture of the time insisted on showing respect to their elders. Furthermore, the statement “go up you baldhead!” has cultural significance. First of all, “go up” is probably a reference to Elisha’s predecessor, Elijah, ascending to heaven (2 Kings 2:11). In other words, they are stating they want Elisha gone; and since Elijah had gone on to the “next world,” the implication is they wanted Elisha dead. Also, the epithet ‘baldhead’ was one of “contempt in the East, applied to a person even with a bushy head of hair.” Lepers had to shave their heads, so such a statement could easily have been a deliberate and malicious insult, something dangerous in a mob that can quickly get out of hand. Given the challenge of the youths, their intimidating number which could constitute a mob, their veiled threat, the contemptuous attitude, and the fact that Elisha was the prophet of God, the Lord allowed the youths to be destroyed.
    test
  17. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

You're a horrible person. Advocating the "destruction" of children for making fun of someone's baldness...you should be ashamed of yourself, but it seems shame is something you do not possess.
    test
  18. JASON ANTHONY

It was either as BPB described it, or it was simply some children calling a sensitive man names resulting in a massacre brought forth by a "not so loving as we first thought he was" god.
    test
  19. TheBigPayback

U seem quite sure of your interpretation but im wondering how long you actually took the time to study the verse. My gut tells me none at all.
    test
  20. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

42 kids get mauled by 2 bears.. sounds like they stood there like good kids and took that mauling..
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.