3D Gaming

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by TheBrumak, Mar 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBrumak

TheBrumak whamp

Does anyone have a 3D setup in their house? It just seems like a gimmick and complete waste a time. I don't see it as the future of gaming....but hey.. what do I know?
    test
  2. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

it's a fad, it's 3d everything right now but don't nobody want to rock wierd sunglasses in the house all day

not until glasses free 3d
    test
  3. TheBrumak

TheBrumak whamp

The Nintendo 3DS is the only system I've seen that doesn't require glasses.
    test
  4. SmiRk

SmiRk Logic or Death

If the technology used to make the 3DS could somehow be merged into television design, then I could see a huge swing into mostly 3D gaming. Until then, the glasses are a huge crutch.

Interferes with headsets sitting right, causes extra eye strain, and cuts off some of your field of vision if you play on a large screen.

Couple that with the fact that most of the games with 3D capability (CoD: Black Ops, Crysis 2, Bulletstorm, Killzone 3, etc) are not rendered for the full 3D experience. Things in the foreground seem to pop out at you, but the background textures suffer tremendously. I was at my buddy's spot, watching him play KZ3 in 3D - and it looked better without it. He even agreed that he probably wouldn't play many games in 3D for multiplayer - if anything it would just make the campaign more interesting to play through.

My 2 cents.
    test
  5. TheBrumak

TheBrumak whamp

Yea I saw a live demo of Uncharted 3 the other week and the little specs of ash and particles for fire looked decent enough, but the background took a major hit quality wise.
    test
  6. SmiRk

SmiRk Logic or Death

With the 3D tech we got out now, the 3D renders are in 1080 and the background is in standard 360p. So, backgrounds lose some texture values and shadows seem faded.

Its just a matter of time before something like 4D is incorporated with the background renders - and then it should look better.
    test
  7. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Well they are developing a glasses free 3d technology for computers and tv's, but it's definitely not ready yet.

it basically scans your eyes so whenever you move the 3d effect follows your point of view
    test
  8. Emo The Damaja

Emo The Damaja I survived Rapture 2011 b

That shits gonna give u eye cancer
    test
  9. SmiRk

SmiRk Logic or Death

Seconded. Sounds like negative side effect heaven.

Won't be investing in that stock. Haha.
    test
  10. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

cell phones give your brain cancer so i doubt that would be a factor tbhwyIAH
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.