360 Owners... need to help on cables.

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by DontH8me, Dec 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DontH8me

DontH8me New Member

Soo, is Microsoft coming out with an HDMI connection for their machine in the near future or not?

Also with the HD component cables, do they produce 1080p or is that only with certain HDTV that are on the market now. Cause it is hard to understand converting analog signals to TRUE 1080p connectivity. I know certain Pioneer's and so forth are capable but the majority of the HDTV's are not.

And anyone with that cable, are you actually getting say a 740i signal instead? Just trying to clear up a few things with what this thing can and can't do. I want to get the most out of this machine was wondering if the component cable is the best and only way to go to get this.

Thanks
    test
  2. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

People and their TRUE 1080p shit disgust me. How good does a picture have to look. The true difference between 1080p and 1080i, is hardly noticable.

Anyway, Microsoft isnt coming out with a connection, they are coming out with a completely seperate add on player. An HDMI player if you will, it will cost about 200 bucks from what I understand (waste of money), and I imagine youll have to buy your own wires.

Whats wrong with regular DVDs is my only question?

But to answer your question, component cables are the cream of the crop for right now, im sure in 2 years, they will force some other bullshit cable down our throats and tell us its better.
    test
  3. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

I think HDTV and the regular component cables is enough....Hell, you're privaledged if you even have an HDTV...I haven't got that far yet. People are trying to build gaming theatres in their houses....what I see now on my regular TV is already amazing and it damn near causes you to convulse and go into seizures.
    test
  4. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

component cable produce 1080p.....

the problem is that the movie industry doesnt want 1080p on any analog signal cause you can steal the signal and reproduce it.....(copy movies).....so they try to force 1080p through only digital cables where they can control the input and output by flagging the hardware.....

the quality difference between component and hdmi is pretty much impossible to tell unless you have video broadcast equipment and video production level television monitors......so if your hdtv isnt worth over 10k...dont worry about the difference in cables......

now the problem comes in 1080p input on your tv....if it shuts off 1080p through component then you obviously would have to use the hdmi cable in the future if microsoft releases an addon for the 360 for games....or through the new hd-dvd player itself for movies........
    test
  5. Embassy Sweetz

Embassy Sweetz 360's thee-shit,-b

component is fine bro..u get 720p with that..plus 360 games are native 720p anyway so thats all u need.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.