$350 a month. Which car would you get?

Discussion in 'Car & Audio' started by FórmÅl LôGíc, May 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FórmÅl LôGíc

FórmÅl LôGíc Black Listed

I can pay about that much a month for a car a month. Which car do you suggest?
    test
  2. lpoet

lpoet POET

make sure u calculate the 200 your gonna have to spend for insurance a month
    test
  3. Tigre

Tigre Ax Me About Ebonics

Also, make sure this is the price before a downpayment, or without the dp. Also, what is your financing.. and anyway to comment on the topic at hand.

350 a month with a 2g's down.... for 60 month term

That would be a 20g car, I would get a Mini cooper S, or if I wanted something comfortable with room, I would get a Toyota Solara. Granted I like coupes and sports cars... sooo my choices are usually ones that I am giving you. If you want straight performance I would pick a Srt4.

Now if this is a 60 month lease car, then my choices would be a G35 coupe, 350z, and a RX8
    test
  4. FórmÅl LôGíc

Im looking to probably finance, maybe lease. Id be putting 5g down and Id have another 9g trade in. So 14g's towards a car, with $350 month towards a car and I wont be paying my insurance.

I was looking at a new 325ci, 350z, G35, Mercedes 230, luxary wise. But performance wise, I wanna see if I can find a twin turbo Supra, 97ish SVT Mustang, the new Evo or the new GTO.
    test
  5. Tigre

Getting finance for a used ride that cost around 20+g's is not a easy thing to do. You will probably need a cosigner and still some banks don't like the idea unless you make more than enough money for the car.

So if 9g in trade in, what is your car? It must be paid off already then, which is good, and out of the cars you chose the 230 is not worth it. The 325 is a nice ride, smooth, a very fun car to drive. The 350z is the performance car out of the bunch, the best car for teh money is the g35 coupe.. best blend of luxury and performance.

If you want a Supra TT, tell me where you are at, and I am sure I can find one for you. Older Cobra's are ass... rather just get a GT and build it up... makes more sense. The new EVO is all out performance... if you don't mind a harsh ride, then it is a great car. New GTO is aiiiiiight, test drove it, and wasn't that impressed. Yet I do like the Holden cars in Australia, and our version is somewhat similar to what they have.
    test
  6. elessar

elessar adapted

www.edmunds.com

best site if you wanna research cars, and they have the best payment calculator
    test
  7. FórmÅl LôGíc

Yeah, my dad would be cosigning, so any payments I couldnt make he'd spot me. And as for the car being traded in, its a 02 Durango, pretty much in good condition, so I dunno if its 9g's but last time I did one of those little calculator things it was. Ive been in a 325 and it is a nice ride, not all that fast but nice. I also like the 330 but its 6g's more. Im not a big fan of the 350 but its nice. Outta the those three luxuary Id probably get the BMW, and just pimp it out. What year GT Mustang though? And how much do they go for? For the Supra I live in Tampa, so i can find one within 300 miles. Evo's my baby, thats the car Id pick if I could, but I dunno. If its a shitty ride I might reconsider. I mean would you suggest Tigre?
    test
  8. Tigre

Well... as for the 325ci, it is a very nice ride. Very smooth tranny, great handling and nice interior. I just don't think the price tag justifies the car and it is pretty small.

As for the GT mustang, I would get atleast a 02 and up. You want the 260 hp and not the last generation with 225 or some shit like that. Also, since the new Mustang will be coming out, these will be dirt cheap in a matter of months.

For the Supra TT, since you are in Tampa, you are in a good area for some of the big dawgs that I know. Most of them are in Miami and Orlando though, and I know quite a bit of the single supra owners in FL. Definitely the best place to buy one is in FL, and Cali.. oh and Texas.

Evo.. great car, fun as fuck.. and I fell it is worth the price tag for teh performance you get from it. The first thing I would do is well buy the blue Evo and change the horrid tailights to the black standard model ones. They look better than the Altezza chrome shit. Otherwise, 1500 dollars in mods will get you a 12 sec track car. Yet I don't recommend this car for beginners not saying you are one, but if you have never drove an AWD high hp car, then I would say don't upgrade this car for atleast a year until you become very comfortable behind the wheel and understand the power and handling dynamics of the car. I didn't mean to say the ride was shitty, just very harsh, since the EVO has a TIGHT suspension setup taht is not forgiving over the smallest bumps and imperfections in the road. Yet if you want a true performer than that is something you will have to sacrifice no matter what.

For me, I would get a G35 coupe. And since you like the 325 i will compare it to that car. Just more of a car for the dollar than a 325ci. Also, IMO a better car to make a show car since not many are really going all out on that car, and as for a 325ci, there are plenty of show cars to be seen.

IF you want NEW and all out power in your budget get the EVO, or better yet the STi. IF you want the best performer and best looking then the Supra TT will be it. <-- yet like most Supra owners they use it as a weekend car or a car that they do not put many miles on.

Soo bottom line in order for new cars:
    G35 coupe, EVO/STi, 325ci(only w/sports package), Acura TL 6spd, S2k, RX8, A4, Solara

As for used cars
    Supra TT, C5 vette, M coupe 2dr hatch/ M3 coupe, S4 audi
    test
  9. Flow Da HoloGraff

Flow Da HoloGraff Fuck Up!

test
  10. FórmÅl LôGíc

Thanks man. I think Im gonna test drive the G35, the 325, and the Acura(also one of my favorites). Ill tell you which one I like the most.
    test
  11. darithS

darithS New Member

$15,000 down on a G35coupe is about $300 a month for 60months, insurance is super high though, run you around $300-500 for insurance
    test
  12. MyKe SeaN

MyKe SeaN Paula Deen is my hero.

Dont lease is all i can tell you...thats like Rentin a fuckin apartment when you can be a homeowner....Another thing that you should take into consideration is the maintenance cost...BMW's are headbusters in that department..my homeboy has a 325 and his engine/service light always comes on...I even get pissed for him cause he's always coming out the pocket...BMW parts are hella expensive but if you buy it new you shouldnt have to worry about this for awhile...Your still young and you'll have a lot of time to get luxury type cars... Just get you a 97 3000 GT or Acura RSX with low miles and just pimp that shit the fuck out...If your not used to a car payment you shouldnt start off high...Also keep in mind that you might piss of ya parents somewhere down the line and lose that insurance payment backin...

Good luck dawg...

test
  13. darithS

darithS New Member

3000gt? I guess you don't know the story on those, 1 thing... insurance will straight leave your pockets dry, it's probably equivalent to a corvette, and it's a mitsubishi, their engines suck, oh yeah and it's a heavy ass car so you know it's a gas guzzlerrr
    test
  14. trifle

trifle New Member

Don't tell ill rich that
    test
  15. FórmÅl LôGíc

Yeah, I thought about that, but at the same time I looked at it like this. Get a luxuary car now, that I know Ill like 10 years from now. Ionno. Just gotta talk to the parents see what they think.
    test
  16. Tigre

3-500 what a month???? not unless your ass has either a shitty insurance company that loves raping you or you have a shitty record. I got quoted on that car for about 1800 a yr.
    test
  17. darithS

darithS New Member

your 24, he's 19... consider that
    test
  18. Tigre

Please, I paid about 2200 a year when I had my Supra TT at about that age. Soo like i said if you have a fucked up record then sure you will be paying something stupid like that.
    test
  19. Tigre

Only a VR4 will leave your pockets dry.

Their engines suck???? oh yeah i forgot about those crazy DSM's running consistent 11's with their shitty modified 4 banger engines. Trannies... that is a different story, cause that is shit.
    test
  20. darithS

darithS New Member

anybody say anything about timeslips? I'm talking about reliability, and my sister has a g35 and she pays about 300for insurance
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.