3 Way Battle pt. 1 (Eminem vs. Nas vs. Jay-Z)

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by The Damus, Oct 6, 2005.

?

Whose the best between these three?

1. Eminem

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Nas

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Jay-Z

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Butch Coolidge

Butch Coolidge New Member

Anyone who don't mention Eminem as the greatest is a fuckin amatuer.

Eminem, no question.
    test
  2. Format

Format Can I get any iller?

Em is wack...
    His wack stuff overpowers his good stuff...

He was ill back in the day...

Jay nor Nas got as wack as Em did on Encore...

So they are automatically better than him...

For me it is

Jay>Nas>Em

Jay is the most consistant...

He's still puttin' fire out...
    what's Em doing...?

Mumbling through his verses...rapping about what is gay and what is not...
    test
  3. Format

you must have gone deaf after 8 mile dropped you idiot.

Don't ever make a comment that stupid ever again...
    test
  4. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

At the same time, they weren't nearly as good as he was at his peak...

And that's after 2 classics, a GREAT ALBUM, 1 GREAT group album (Devil's Night), and CLASSIC AFTER CLASSIC GUEST APPEARANCES... Let's also add his 8 Mile Soundtrack shit was classic shit... Then he dropped one HORRIBLE solo and a group album that sucked but he BARELY EVEN TOOK PART IN....

So he had two bad projects... And countless great one's... POINT BLANK, Em would murder Nas and Hov on wax.....
    test
  5. MG Grand

MG Grand the king (and im serious)

and, like i said ur an idiot. no body beats jigga. fuk yall for being dumb. fuck ur mamas for being the reason your on this site
    test
  6. MG Grand

MG Grand the king (and im serious)

how comes i cant vote or veiw my profile. shiit
    test
  7. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

False... You're the idiot... Point blank, Eminem didn't even diss Hov on Renagade and people said he ripped Hov on that... That's just based on rhymin' talent... Imagine if he just went @ him while rhymin'... C'mon now... Get f'real...
    test
  8. Format

I gotta give u props...you rep Em to the death...
    I wish I could debate u over aim...what's ur aim?

but before I bounce...I'll counter ur arguments...

Nearly, as good at his peak?....

Ok...When has Em ever made a song with a doper concept than "I Gave You Power" or 22 Two's....NEVER...
    In his prime buddy was too busy making fun of anyone that ever got on TV...
    His whole career was based off of shock value....

How is Eminem show a classic?...Name one hot line from that album...

8 Mile was dope...I'll give you that...

Devils Night was dope.

He was on the 2nd D12 album...how are you gonna say he was barely apart of it...
    he was on more than 3 songs...and every verse was weak...very weak...

Keep em' Coming....you'll never beat me in an argument of how Em is not better than Jay-z or Nas...
    test
  9. fishyfishy

fishyfishy Active Member

^ wat drugs u on
    test
  10. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

test
  11. fishyfishy

fishyfishy Active Member

nas is more lyrical than em, every tune hes ever made he has something to say. thats what lyrical means to me, em does a few spitting tracks with no point to them (ie business)
    test
  12. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

^^^ FALSE... Lyrical (in the rhyming aspect) is an average between content, concepts, story-telling ability and technical rhyming ability: syllable rhyming, inner bar schemes, alliteration, complex bar structure, and more WHILE STAYIN' ON TOPIC...

Em is the best technical rhymer ever... His story telling is up there with the elite... His content may lack at times but his concepts are dope... He also uses satire, which is a form of poetry, a LOT...

Nas only has Em beat in the story-telling aspect and it's not by that much......
    test
  13. Hizzle

Hizzle New Member

Nas has eminem beat in rhyme structure, syntax, story telling, substance, longevity, catalogue, voice

the shit people like me listen to when we live this hip hop shit

Eminem rhymes for white boys and people in high heels, i can't name 1 black person in this city of New York that jams Eminem.

You want to argue rhyme structure and syntax?

let's not get in over your head homie, i'm degreed in this.

test
  14. YaRR

YaRR New Member

My vote for Eminem...
    test
  15. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

FALSE... Rhyme structure is DEFINITELY a not... Story-telling I give it to 'em barely... Syntax - nope... not close.... Catelogue: (TO ME) It Was Written and Illmatic were his only GREAT albums to date and Stillmatic was solid... That's a bad percentage.... Voice, I disagree... Substance (content - same thing)... yes

Em still wins in more categories... Flow, Battle Raps, Technical Rhyming, Delivery, Catelogue (I'll agree to disagree with you on this but to me, Nas's catelogue is HIGHLY OVERRATED), Punchlines/Metaphors/Wordplay

I "live this hip hop shit" and Em's iller

I was born in Queens and live in Jerz... You're frontin'... I know people in NY that think Em's one of the illest if not the illest... I also know PLENTY of black people that think he's ill as fuck... NOR AM I WHITE...

Let's go... I've been studying lyricism for 7 years... It's not close... Nas is HALF the lyrical rapper Em is as far as technical rhyming

Be degreed... You're wrong.... let's go... start it up
    test
  16. Hizzle

Hizzle New Member

one post and you've already proved that you're young immature and not well versed in rhyme.

Flow- completely and utterly subjective, don't even mention it. You can not debate it.

Syntax - Nas, and it is NOT close, NOT EVEN CLOSE WHATSOEVER, THERE IS NO CONTEST

Memory Lane, One Time for your mind, One Love have NEVER, and i mean NEVER been matched by an Eminem song as far as syntax is involved. Every single rhyme pattern is constructed and continued the entire song, Eminem has NEVER done that, he doesn't try to, DO NOT ARGUE.

Rhyme Structure - They tend to use many of the same, Nas integrates a D, E and F variable in his rhymes far more often than eminem does, especially in Illmatic, which every song displayed, and It was written, again which all except I gave you power displayed.

and even until now Nas integrates variables up to an F while keeping syntax fundamentally sound, Eminem has never done this, i've listened and examined, as i do every song, ALL of eminem's songs, from Infinite to Encore he is NOT the advanced rhymer that Nas is, never was, never will be, he doesn't concentrate on these fundamentals, he just rhymes for the sake of rhyming

I won't fault him for that

but that turns all of this into subjectivity.

I live in Queens now, lived in Queens when Paid in Full dropped, lived in Queens when illmatic dropped, live in Queens when RD dropped, i've been here for it all

there has NEVER been buzz around an Eminem release ever, and i promise this, i don't know 1 single person from Redhook, to Astoria, to Long Island City, to Jamaica to BX to Shao Lin, not one, not a single one, not even in school where we were taking rhyme derivatives did anybody mention Eminem's name.

Rhyme Structure and Rhyme uniformity (Syntax) are so lopsidedly on nas' side it is not a single contest, Progression of rhyme, types of rhyme, opposite rhyme, all extraneous variables that Nas excels over any other rapper aside from Kool G Rap in.

when it comes to actually debating something that is a factual concept, which is what you need to debate it, you can only debate these concepts and Nas excels, plain and simply...

Flow - Subjective
    Substance - Subjective, if that's what you want to hear, then fine, that's you.
    Beat selection - Subjective.
    Storytelling - subjective. ( if you like the story better, that's all there is to it)

all of this aside from the factual concepts are in the ear of the beholder, you make your own choices homie, but quit speaking like what you say is fact, when indeed it is not.

just say "This is what i think, this is why"

when you don't use that system to convey thoughts it makes you look far less intelligent.

this is a waste of time unless you can actually prove to me that you know what you're talking about

and from your posts it is painfully obvious that you can't debate factual concepts with an English Major, J.D., L.l.M.

test
  17. Fire Cracka

Fire Cracka New Member

Only white people would say Eminem is better than Jay-Z [funny]
    test
  18. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

riiiiigghhh'

False, someone could have a better flow than another... Once again, if you can do the rapid flow... You can do the pause 'n go flow... You can do the pause 'n go flow but that doesn't mean you can do the rapid flow... It has a lot to do with how your bars are written BUTTTT a lot of MC's can't do it cuz the timing is a lot more about pairs and sets of bars instead of one line at a time... HENCE, rapid flow is harder to do... HENCE, the person who can do the rapid flow has a better flow

WTF are you talkin' about? Eminem's groupin' and pairing of words is wayyyy beyond Nas... Nas's is very very structured and stays the same... Eminem is soooooo far ahead of Nas in forms of the structure of the way the bars and each line and sentence is setup... Where are you comin' from? Em's syntax are like elaborate schemes that constantly switch up... Nas stays the same... Which is harder to do? hmmm....

WTF!?!?!? Okay, time out... First of all, Nas BARELY used alliteration... Secondly, he rhymes a LOT of monosyllabic rhymes... Thirdly, he has inner bar schemes but they usually consist of 1 or 2 syllable rhymes... When Eminem rhymes multisyllabic rhymes it usually compound multisyllabic rhymes; meanwhile, Nas uses one word multis which are MUCH more simplistic... Em rhymes for the sake of rhyming!?!?!? LMFAO... okay, that's just nonsense and I don't even need to make a rebuttal towards such an ignorant statement

exactly, why I said Nas's content is better

Where in Queens? I was from Elmhurst... But regardless, what's your point?

False, there was a huge buzz across the ENTIRE COUNTRY (including NY) for Eminem's albums... What rock are you hiding under? I know cats in Queens to Brooklyn to Harlem that all say Em's one of the illest rhymers... And a lotta those "cats" I'm talkin' about ARE MC's....

False... Once again, shows bars and break it down with symbols how Nas's rhyme structure is "sooo complex"... If you find that complex, you must be easily stifled cuz that shit is basic as fuck... You can OFTEN find a/a/a/a bar/rhyme schemes from Nas which YOU WILL NEVER FIND IN AN EMINEM RHYME...

Once again, Eminem is light years ahead of Nas in this category...

False... Prove it and show it

not subjective but believe what you will

true

true but nobody mentioned this

False... There's somethin' called a basic story-line and a story-line with turns and twists... An author could EASILY break down what is a better story... That's like sayin' if some 8th grade kid thinks his story is good and he likes it a lot and so does some of his friends and they think it's better than a Stephen King novel, then it is... FALSE

FALSE... The technical rhyming aspect is a fact... So is the flowin' aspect....

False, you look far less intelligent for claiming Nas's bar structure is more complex than Em's... AND THAT'S AFTER A DEGREE?!?!?! c'mon du'... GET REAL...

Actually, you have a lot more proving to do... Show bars where Nas is "sooo complex"... Cuz I can drop pages (on this board) worth of Eminem shit where his technical rhyming is FARRRRRRRRR superior to Nas's

From your post, it's painfully obvious that you degree hasn't taught you shit......
    test
  19. Hizzle

Hizzle New Member

Flow is subjective - you either like it or not, i don't like rapid flow, if you're rhyming fast, i'd rather you just shut the fuck up.

don't argue this, you can't period, you either like the flow or not, you either like a flow switch, or not.

That is all that needs to be said about that.
    test
  20. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

WTF are you talkin' about? A rapid flow has nothin' to do with how fast you're rhyming... that's just stupidity

You don't know what you're talkin' about so I think you should just "shut the fuck up"
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.