3 Way Battle pt. 1 (Eminem vs. Nas vs. Jay-Z)

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by The Damus, Oct 6, 2005.

?

Whose the best between these three?

1. Eminem

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Nas

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Jay-Z

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hizzle

Hizzle New Member

why don't you technically prove something instead of saying "oh i heard this it was nice, so i decided nobody can do that"

Eminem can't draw lyrics like Nas- Memory Lane

at least not IMO

Eminem can not combine

Structure, Substance, Syntax together in way that i think is ill enough to warrant placement anywhere around Nas

if you see it differently, that's fine, i've been asking people to prove things forever, none of them ever post actual facts like i do

that's fine, everybody is entitled to their own opinion, i'm glad people come on here and express it, just most of the time is isn't well thought out and should be taken with a grain of salt, which i always do, as most of you know next to nothing about actual concepts.

to each his own

test
  2. fishyfishy

fishyfishy Active Member

i said i dont know it technically, i havent studied it and neither have most rap fans.

take the analogy of a newspaper, u dont sit there reading 2 different papers saying this ones technically better, but this one is bla bla... u just read and see what you preferre.

maybe 'technically' nas is better, you could never prove it one way or the other its an opinion, but im saying ive heard like you alot of different styles of rap and some of the stuff eminem can do, ive never heard anyone else be able to, and make it sound dope. to me thats makes him 'technically' ...maybe better than others. ill also add tonedeff to me is one of the best technical rappers, hes dope fast, slow, and can sing.

tonedeff + eminem, the best 2 flow's in the game, in my opinion.

+bout nas, dont get me wrong im a massive nas fan, just his flow isnt amazing, its what he says that makes him stand out.
    test
  3. Hizzle

Hizzle New Member

i've said it all along, and will continue to say it

unless you are debating factual concepts

Music is entirely 100% subjective preference.

To each his own
    test
  4. Prominance

Prominance I'm Blacker, Trust Me

Agreed, that is flow at its simplest. And with the Royce example, about how he stresses words on the beat, there is no stress without a syllable being spoken, so we are saying the exact same thing, only mine is more precise because you do not have to stress syllables on beat to have a good flow.

never said it has to be a rhyme. I said it has to be a syllable. The example I gave off Eminem, his syllable which is on beat HAPPENS to be a rhyme, ofcouse that is not always the case.

I do not consider Big Pun to have a particularly rapid flow. Tonedeff had a rapid flow. Bone thugs do most of the time. With Big Pun what you are referring to is Stacatto. He has a Stacatto flow. He cuts his bars short and the transition between bars is very sharp. That is very different from having a rapid flow. Rapid is without interruption. We agree that flow is the placement of syllables within a bar correct. If we have a flow without interruption (rapid flow) then it means the syllables within the bar are being placed with little to no interruption. You do this by cramming alot of syllables within bars. Hence rapid flow.

way to dodge the question. I would not be overllaping if right after yes I said No. Ok if I said Yes, then 0.01 seconds later said no would I have a rapid flow?

Eyo I said that Latino shit to get your race. Since you said you are not latino (when people call you white you deny it all the time) then I guess I finally found out your ethnicity lol

Rhyming, alliteration etc are poetic devices. They are not lyrical. Lookup what lyrical means. Lyrical is subjective interpretatation of deep emotion in any piece of art, be it a novel, rap song or poetry. When you say something is lyrical it means it is written with emotion. Here is a link http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=lyrical . When you have good lyrics, I consider it the subject matter and emotion behind the words, you consider it the all encompassing attributes of the art (poetry, rap, whatever). My definition is more precise that yours, and uses the word as it is meant to be used. Using rhyme devices in complex ways does not mean you are "lyrical" It means you are a good rhymer. Go here to lookup what lyrical means http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=lyrical

No it is not. You obviously do not know what the Theory of Evolution states. Perhaps if you read the book Darwin proposed this theory "The Origin of Species" you would know the main points of his theory. Scientists have HYPOTHESISED from that theory that we might share common genetic ancenstry with unicellular organisms. That is NOT what the evolution theory states. Again, Sesame street aint the place for pulling scientific theories and facts.
    test
  5. Grandiose

Grandiose five large

test
  6. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

What's wrong with vacation bible school? LMFAO... j/k

Nor have you... You haven't said anything but how I'm wrong and you're right without enough backing cuz I showed backing on how your definitions are wrong... You're perception of syntax is COMPLETELY off cuz once again, NAME ANY VERSE (you say I didn't name a verse but I said ANY) and the rhyme scheme changes at one point or another... You said rhyme structure/scheme cannot change... That will not happen...

Hence, there's some "facts" I've been statin' all along but you've ignored... You're wrong
    test
  7. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

No you didn't... You're outline was wrong... Once again, you were missing "coefficients" (happy?) to represent rhymes that were existent in the rhyme pattern

nope, that was definitely your's

I do like Em... His lyrics are better... lol... Talib Kweli's my favorite rapper but I won't say he's better than Pharoahe Monch... Nor even Crooked I or a Copywrite... That statement, I felt had to be included, cuz I feel you were straying in the direction that I have favoritism/bias for Em

that's false... I'm sittin' right on the top of the hill with a nice view of the entire battle 'n Em's better than Nas...

[/quote]

Nas's rhyme patterns are SOOOOOOOOOO much easier to write compared to Em's... A regular MC can write and use the type of rhyme schemes that Nas uses with ease (the content will possibly lack but I'm talkin' about the rhyme patterns)... An ADVANCE MC CAN'T (the majority of them) rhyme the way Eminem can rhyme.... THAT'S A FACT.... As an MC, Nas's rhyme schemes are half as hard to write compared to what Eminem's doin'
    test
  8. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

No, you haven't been flawless... ONCE AGAIN, you were missin' SEVERAL "coefficients" representing rhymes that were existent in the bars....

You're completely ignoring the fact that I've been sayin' this in your last several responses... Even Prominance (my hated enemy on this board - haha... j/k) agreed with me on that
    test
  9. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

You're lying here cuz I didn't even bring up Prominance... You did... (1) You said I got schooled when he was defending me more than he wasn't (even if it was in a roughly worded way due to our bad history) and (2) you said how he defended you... You tried to use that to your advantage, only that hurtin' you in the argument... I was just provin' that you made what'chu said up....

and no, it doesn't change the truth (which is what I've been postin' up)...

And that's kinda contradictory of your actions when you talk about how nobody in this thread agreed with me and everyone thought you were schoolin' me but meanwhile, that was two people and one only said that after you went at me and I hadn't even responded to turned your points down.... The other was a complete moron that I and he, himself, made a complete fool of....

False....
    test
  10. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

and like I've said prior, you're wrong... And maturity and how "cultured you are mentally" has nothing to do with whether you have good syntax or not... The most mature and "culturally minded" man on Earth could write with no syntax... This argument is trash
    test
  11. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

HAHA... Shit On U is my shit... "I'll start pisson', then do the opposite on you"
    test
  12. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

I think Lose Yourself and Kim were as visually amazing as Memory Lane... *shrugs*

false...

no, you don't post a thing that's actual fact... half your "facts" are twisted

*shrugs that off*

no doubt
    test
  13. Hizzle

Hizzle New Member

No, my definitions are actual definitions, can be found at dictionary.com in their most elementary form

show me a track where Nas' switches up his rhyme structure, i'll probably prove it wrong, im sure he may have 1 or 2

but 99% of Nas' songs are syntaxed excellently, so just show it, and ill show you, end of argument

Hizzle New Member

Nope, you haven't stated one fact the whole time.
    test
  15. Hizzle

Hizzle New Member

No, i wasn't missing anything, whatsoever, every rhyme terminal sound was defined and shown

you just want me to be wrong, i'm actually very correct

i showed it in bold, you've yet to show anything, but hey.
    test
  16. Hizzle

Hizzle New Member

you don't know enough of about actual concepts to pass judgement on MC's capabilities, you can say what you like more, that's fine

but you don't know structure, nor syntax to be brutally honest, you really don't know a damn thing about them, and showed a horribly wrong outline, then backed it up with shit you made up

once more, no fact at all from you.
    test
  17. Hizzle

Hizzle New Member

They use in the most part, the same patterns, Eminem lacks continuance, making Nas more advanced in the eye of somebody who looks for syntaxed rhymes.

a combination of AB/AB AB//AB AABB//AABB and ABC//ABC

i see Nas showing a D and E more than Eminem, and i've heard probably 95% of Em's catalogue.
    test
  18. Hizzle

Hizzle New Member

No, i didn't ignore any syllables, if the syllable didn't rhyme it was not bolded, i did it correctly, and you did very very wrong,

and i KNOW THIS for a FACT
    test
  19. Hizzle

Hizzle New Member

I've made up nothing, my facts are facts

your facts are horse shit, and made up, and not even facts, and can't be shown ANYWHERE
    test
  20. Hizzle

Hizzle New Member

True.

Ok, I challenge you to prove this statement wrong with facts

go back, find some facts, don't just refer to something, NO, go find 1 fact, or 2 and actually prove something, prove it....

PROVE IT

PROVE IT

PROVE IT

PROVE IT
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.