3 REASONS why people dont like Eminem

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by BLOODraven, Aug 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D.Cipher

D.Cipher New Member

*sigh* thedream i don't even know what to say, there's no point in discussing something when you fail to address any of the points people are making. You ignore all that's being said, you ignore that extremely easy to see obvious and keep restating the same point...which btw has been disproven by nearly everyone in this thread

just answer this, in all honesty, like OZ said if a black artist made the SSLP instead of Eminem...do you really think they would have sold the same amount of albums and received the same amount of fame?
    test
  2. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

First of all, I haven't ignored your posts its the other way around. I already answered this question about 10 times.

I think Eminem would get ABOUT the same amount of record sales if he were black. Being white works both for him and against him so it cancells itself out.

No one has disproven anything I've said. You all simply fail to read.

Yall act like black rappers never rap about crazy/ funny shit like eminem does.

Notorious BIG, Ludacris, and Kanye West all use humor in their music, which keeps them fresh and separates them from other rappers.

p.s. they're all black.

think to yourself:

Infinite and Slim Shady EP are both underground albums Eminem was white when he made both of them. Which one got Eminem famous?

Doesn't being white both help and hurt Eminem at the same time?

How come Paul Wall and Bubba Sparxx haven't sold as much as Eminem? - Mr. Key claims that its because they embraced black culture, but so did eminem when he first came out.
    test
  3. D.Cipher

D.Cipher New Member

wow kid, wow...either you don't know about this country and it's demographics or i dunno

first of all, restating the same point which has been disproven isn't addressing my point, i've given multiple reasons backing up my claims, you've addressed none of them. I've addressed and disproven everything you've said.

ok this is just fcuking dumb, being white hasn't worked against Eminem since he left the underground. He can tell you this too, why? He had to prove himself when he was underground like everyone else because when you're in the underground people don't give a fcuk about controversy or any of that, you just better be able to handle yourself when a battle comes around, which he can.

Now talking about the mainstream...Most of the people that BUY hip hop albums are WHITE. So how does that work against him?? In fact, most are white GIRLS...who would jump around on MTV going "OMG EMINEM IS SO CUUUUUTE"...damn they must really appreciate the kid's rhyming talent huh? Like I said, when SSLP dropped most people heard "white rapper" and jumped at it. You're gonna sit here and tell me "my name is" was a good radio song? If 50 Cent, Kanye, Luda, BIG, etc released that video they'd be hurting their careers a shit load more than helping. People originally thought he was some comedy gimmick till they heard his real songs.

and you treat SSLP and Infinite like they were released with the same publicity. Only a few thousand people around Detroit bought Infinite because they actually knew who Eminem was. When Infinite actually dropped did you actually know Eminem existed? Well since I don't personally know you i can't say whether you did or didn't but I can guarantee 99% of Eminem album buyers didn't know who he was. If he somehow released SSLP while on the underground, black or white, he wouldn't have sold shit because no one knew him.

you kidding me? BIG talks about street life and hussling, he very rarely touches on humor and when he does it is usually talking about him fucking some girls and leaving them.

Ludacris' humor and Eminem's humor are COMPLETELY different. Ludacris is more "hahah that's pretty funny." Eminem is "hahaha is this kid psychotic???" Kanye uses some humor but like Ludacris, it's not the same type as Eminem. That's like comparing Jerry Seinfield to Dave Chappelle, compleeeeetely different.

In terms of controversy the only one who says anything controversial worth mentioning would be Kanye, and just like his humor it's completely different in the way he and Eminem address their opinions. Kanye, "George Bush doesn't care about black people." Eminem, "I'll kill George Bush with a baby carriage and rape his daughter while his mother watches" And even when Kanye said that people were like oh he's wrong for saying that. While when Eminem talks badly about the president everyone agrees? Hmm.....

First of all, Paul Wall sucks and only makes party music. That's why he's not pushing Eminem numbers. And if i see his "grill" one more time I just might puke. Bubba Sparxxx releases some nice songs, but they aren't nearly as catchy nor is his fan base as large.

We can go back and forth with this forever and I bet after everything is said and done you'll still refuse to acknowledge what I've said. The same thing everyone else is saying. The same thing EMINEM has said. You can't even see the difference between underground sales and mainstream sales. You don't even see how much publicity helps with album sales. Nothing says publicity like "white rapper" You're gonna sit here and tell me if a good, black country singer dropped a song today it wouldn't turn some heads?

and homie nearly everyone in this thread has disproven your claims, YOU are the one not reading other people's post. So don't go around calling people stupid when you're the one that's too ignorant to understand the reality of the situation.
    test
  4. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

SInce he left the underground huh? What about in 2003 when Benzino found that tape Eminem made about about disrespecting black women? Everyone went crazy at this because he was white.

so how come people didn't jump at "people's champ" the way they jumped at SSLP?

do you know that white girls buy eminem's albums for sure? or are you just saying that because you see all the white girls jumping when Em comes out on TRL. I've never seen any concrete facts that support this statement. I know lots of DIFFERENT people who buy Eminem's albums. although I'm NOT saying that Em's fan base aint a bunch of white girls, I'm just saying that I haven't seen any evidence to support this statement.

actually, I thought my name is was hilarious the first time I heard it. I was in the 7th grade though. And eminem IS a comedy gimmick by the way.

thank you for further proving that you haven't been reading my posts at all.
    Let me say this again for the 10 millionth time.

Before the Slim Shady LP, Eminem made an underground album called the Slim Shady EP with some of the same songs as the LP and a few different songs.
    When Eminem released Slim Shady EP, he changed his style and invented the contraversial Slim Shady, which is what got him the record deal at Aftamath, enabling him to make the Slim Shady LP. If he hadn't become more contraversial, he never would have gotten a deal and he never would have blown up.

Ask yourself this Question:

If Eminem had released Infinite as a major album instead of SSLP, would it sell as much? (Even if Infinite's Beats were redone).

NO!!!!!!!!

humor is humor none the less. Their humor may differ, but it still sells. BIG's humor may not have been used as much as the others I've listed, but it isn't rare like you stated.

And who exactly ageed with eminem when he said that?

Every successful rapper is contraversial because rap is a contraversial genre of music.

-You claim that Bubba Sparxxx had a small fan base. Eminem had no fanbase when he released Slim Shady LP. and it went 4 times platinum.

-saying that paul Wall makes party music only helps my case, since its party music that sells and people's champ didn't do as good as sslp.

- I just now acknowleged everything you said and refuted most of it. I cant refute what you said about white girls, because neither one of us has ANY evidence.

- I can see the difference between underground and mainstream sales. You just cant read. SSEP and Infinite were both underground albums. One of them got eminem signed: SSEP. Why? because of the contraversial style, the humor, and Eminem's lyrical ability.

- No ONe has disproven my claims because no one seems to know how to read.

- If I WAS wrong about this, I'm one of the few people on this board who would admit it. But I'm not wrong.

I'll give the question of the day again:

If Infinite was Eminem's first major release instead of Slim Shady LP, would it have gone 4x platinum?

keep in mind that eminem still would be white no matter what.
    test
  5. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

Em was ill, no question. Used to be one of the best out.

But.

I have ridiculous amounts of trouble believing that Dre honestly did not believe that Em was white when he first heard him. I think cats know that Em is white from vocals alone. Perhaps he was not SIGNED for being white, but that is why he is so successful. Yeah, SSLP was much better than Infinite, but it had Dre behind it, guest spots on the highly successful 2001, and mad promotion.
    Does anyone think that Eminem has been the best overall maker of music since Hiphop began, up and including Encore?

I don't know if anyone has pointed this out in these terms already, but...

Since when did the main consumers of Hiphop give a damn about lyricism?

Don't make me bring Elvis into this...
    test
  6. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

wow. the thread is back!!

Lyrics DID used to matter back in the day actually. Why do you think Nas and Jay got so popular off their first albums? Its just that within the last 5 years, hip hop fans really could care less about lyrics.

And Yes, Eminem is ONE OF the best music makers since rap began because he is so unique.

as I already said 1 million times before being white isn't one of the main reasons, because if that were true, there would be lots more white rappers in the game making as much money as Em. Its a lot more than just being white.
    test
  7. Tha Cunnysmythe

When I said 'since when', I didn't mean it literally. Bad wording. Otherwise Rakim would have flopped.

No other white rapper has had the promotion that Em has had. 50 got even more and had catchier songs and big street hype, yet he can't match Em's figures. Am I to believe that lyrics are the reason?

Not to mention, any new white rapper is branded by the public as an Em clone and also won't get respect in the streets unless their lyrics are tight and they've paid their dues, which doesn't happen.

What does Em have that no other MC has to get such massive sales? Bearing in mind that you've accepted that lyrics mean nothing to the wide audience.
    test
  8. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

^^Em has his own unique style (also already mentioned in this thred)
    test
  9. Tha Cunnysmythe

So does Nas and so do other skilled rappers who haven't matched Em's sales.
    test
  10. The_K3

The_K3 ^Secksi^

em can be loved by so many different people

people who love lyrics can appreciate him
    people who love funny...

etc.
    test
  11. dj battle cry

dj battle cry Active Member

yet he's still one of the most loved musicians ever and arguably the most successful rapper ever.......shut up
    test
  12. BLOODraven

BLOODraven New Member

You are not understanding wat people were trying to say, cuz people are not explaining this that clearly. What people mean is eminem being white is one of the main reasons that he had such a great impact on rap. Before eminem, vanilla ice was the most popular white rapper. Before eminem anybody who hears the words white and rapper together would automatically assume the person is wack. Now eminem has changed that to a certain degree. White or black, eminems lyrics, flow, style, etc is amazing. A black eminem would still be talented as a white eminem. It is hard to tell which one would be respected more. Personally i respect him more because it does take balls to do what he did. It's sad that race plays this kind of role, but that is just how it is. I would say less white listeners would listen to a black eminem but you never know. I cant imagine a black eminem though lol. Lets get this straight: Race has nothing to do with eminems lyrical skill, however it does have to do with how he impacted rap
    That is true, but no other white rapper is anywhere close to eminems level. Eminem didnt just get promotion handed to him, he earned it.
    I agree with u on the em clone, the only argument i could think of is Mike shinoda is part white and he is somewhat respect although he isnt comparable to eminem. And if your trying to say that the only reason eminem got such massive sales is because of his skin color, then that is incorrect. Like The K3 said, em could be loved by many different people because he is versitile and unique. He could be funny or serious. He could rap about stuff outside of the usual cars, money, and bitches. Put that together with incredible lyrics/ flow and you got your self and big seller.
    test
  13. p4ct

p4ct New Member

Eminem and kanye have different timing when they speak out about the prez. Kanye just blurts it out during some huge fundraising campaign (or whatever it was)and eminem makes a song about his opinion. As for what whether people agree or not I don't really know because i don't get how you could find that out.

If anything Kanye was put on Time Magazines top 100 most influencial people list. I don't know if that counts or not, but I'm sure Time has a reason to put him on there. I don't think eminem got on there with his "Mosh" music video.
    test
  14. SpAnKy

SpAnKy 플레이보이

4. Stans like you.
    test
  15. SpAnKy

SpAnKy 플레이보이

Also, Mr. Key has been right about everything thus far.
    test
  16. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

I guess spanky is a Mr. Key stan. Mr. Key even admitted to being wrong about Em's singles.

Tha Cunnysmythe "So does Nas and so do other skilled rappers who haven't matched Em's"

Nas has his own style? Its similar to Rakims and many other rappers. Also, there are LOTS of Nas clones, which makes Nas' style less special every time. Therefore, Nas' style is NOT unique. No mainstream rapper comes close to Em's style.

BLOODraven: "You are not understanding wat people were trying to say, cuz people are not explaining this that clearly. What people mean is eminem being white is one of the main reasons that he had such a great impact on rap. Before eminem, vanilla ice was the most popular white rapper. Before eminem anybody who hears the words white and rapper together would automatically assume the person is wack. Now eminem has changed that to a certain degree. White or black, eminems lyrics, flow, style, etc is amazing. A black eminem would still be talented as a white eminem. It is hard to tell which one would be respected more. Personally i respect him more because it does take balls to do what he did. It's sad that race plays this kind of role, but that is just how it is. I would say less white listeners would listen to a black eminem but you never know. I cant imagine a black eminem though lol. Lets get this straight: Race has nothing to do with eminems lyrical skill, however it does have to do with how he impacted rap"

- I still dont think Em's impact was because he was white (or at least being white isn't one of the main reasons). I think its because his lyrics were so offensive to so many people. How do we know Em' changed the public's view on white rappers? There aren't even that many white rappers in the mainstream rap game right now. And we still have many people saying that paul wall and bubba sparxxx suck. If Em made thing SO MUCH better, then where are all the mainstream white rappers?
    test
  17. BLOODraven

BLOODraven New Member

Ok there are a lot of reasons why eminem had a big impact. He rapped about contriversal things, he was white, AND AN AMAZING RAPPER which was also contriversal. Could a white guy acctually rap well? Eminem proved that white people could do it too. I'm not saying he only made an impact because of his skin, but that is defiently a big reason. I dont think he changed the public view on white rappers that much, but he did prove that anything is possible. I'm sure there are some really good white rappers out there that could be in the mainstream, but are too scared to do it cuz they might be clowned. Rap is probably 98% black, which means if your white you better be as good as eminem to be taken seriously. Eminem basically said i just dont give a fuck what you think of me and he did his thing. The big deal about eminem when he first came out was that he is white. After the sslp the race issue was old news. But looking back on his carreer, it was a main reason why he had such a big impact.
    test
  18. BLOODraven

BLOODraven New Member

and spanky, why are you riding Mr. Key's dick so much? it is so obvious that you are trying to worship him. we get the picture already, you love mr key. just stop promoting your mr key fan club. he is a great guy, but we just dont want to join.
    test
  19. SpAnKy

SpAnKy 플레이보이

^ Shut up, w!gger.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.