3 REASONS why people dont like Eminem

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by BLOODraven, Aug 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

all I'M saying is that him being white isn't one of the MAIN reasons he sells so much
    test
  2. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Umm yes it is lol. Him being white catapulted his career, it doesnt matter that he is talented, 13 yr old girls aint sitting in school talking about Eminem is a great lyricist, they are saying "oooh he so cute", why? Cause he look like them.
    To deny that is just ignorance. Yes he is skilled, but being white is why he is such a big rapper. Honestly if he was black spitting that shit, he'd be lucky to go multi platinum.
    test
  3. nappyjim

nappyjim Active Member

true'er words have never been spoken. nappyjim is that dood.
    test
  4. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

all you have to do is look at the differences between Infinite and the SSLP to see why eminem sells so much.

or better yet, the SSEP.

Em drops infinite... nothing

Em makes SSEP.... gets signed to a major label.

I'll let yall decide the differences between the 2 albums

hint: like I said before, he was white when he made both albums.
    test
  5. Seekwence

Seekwence Hood Legend

u need some hip-hop 101 young grass hopper/lil' shit.
    test
  6. BLOODraven

BLOODraven New Member

there is no doubt that eminem being white made him blow up more. It is just like if a black guy ran for president, everyone would be talking about it. The reason why em was even more popular than any other white rapper was because he could actually rap as good as or even better than any black guy. After sslp, the race issue wasnt as a big of a deal as before, and people respected his talent more than his skin. Regardless of skin color, eminem would still be one of the most talented rappers, and thats wats important.
    test
  7. MilfHunter

MilfHunter dear mr toliet im da shit

i was about to make a long ass post defending eminem but this pretty much sums it up
    test
  8. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

so if Royce 5 9 was white, he would sell like Eminem?
    test
  9. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

No, Royce doesnt have a knack for making music that a large amount, or even a small amount of people wanna hear.
    test
  10. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

EXACTLY!
    test
  11. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Like Hov, Eminem has that knack and is incredibly skilled, unlike Hov, Eminem is white. I think race might be the difference in sales between the two.
    test
  12. .SOBE.

.SOBE. hell no

uh.. homie i've learned a lot about hiphop these past couple years.. make sure u know about me before speaking. clown.
    test
  13. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

or it could be the fact that Em makes better music and isn't so generic
    test
  14. D.Cipher

D.Cipher New Member

^eminem making better music is completely subjective...and don't even start a more album sales = better artist argument because then i'll know you really don't know wtf you're talking about.

First off, how're you going to use Infinite as an argument? No one outside of detroit knew infinite even existed until after the SSLP because at the time Eminem, like countless other unknown talented artists, was underground.

I still can't understand where you're missing the point EVERYONE is making, the same point Eminem has made in a shit load of his songs, interviews, award shows

if the SSLP had the same content as Infinite would he have sold? No, no one is arguing that fact.

But if a black artist released SSLP would he have sold as much? NO, absolutely not

P.S. no one is attacking Eminem, he's one of the best to ever do it, but let's face facts here

P.P.S. when the fcuk did Jay-Z become generic?
    test
  15. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

Its a fact that the style Em had with Slim Shady EP is what got him signed. Why? because thats when Eminem became more contraversial, and used more humor with his lyrical abilities.

and It is my opinion that if a black artist made SSLP, it would have sold as much (like I said, being white works for AND against eminem, (especially for sslp since its his first major album)so it almost cancells itself out)

like OZ said, if royce 5 9 were white, he still wouldn't sell as much as eminem. because:

"Royce doesnt have a knack for making music that a large amount, or even a small amount of people wanna hear."

he would NEVER get the people's attention the way eminem did with his style.

I know that EVERYONE is saying that one of the MAIN reasons eminem sold is because he was white. Just because everyone says it doesn't mean that its true.

as far as Jay-z being the most generic rapper of all time, I already explained that in the eminem vs. jay-z thread.
    test
  16. Mr. Key

Mr. Key Heron and sex in one....

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST DREAM, YOUR DICKRIDING OF EMINEM KEEPS YOU FROM BEING LOGICAL, ITS SICKENING.

How can you not see the obvious? No ones coming in here saying Em isnt talented, all people are saying is that the color of his skinned helped catapult him to wear he is. WTF is so hard to understand about that? Were not saying its the ONLY reason he blew up, but to deny that its isnt a huge factor is being nieve.

You keep comparing Infinite and SSLP, which is absolutely ridiculous

SSLP = Aftermath, and Interscope
    Infinte = P.O.T productions with Distribution by Goranga

^HOW THE FUCK CAN YOU COMPARE A WELL KNOWN MAJOR LABEL WITH SOME SHIT PROLLY BASED IN SOMEONE'S BASEMENT?

As I stated before, 98% of hip hop fans didnt know Infinite even existed until after Em blew up.

Open your eyes, your so busy trying to make sure everyone thinks Eminem is the greatest that you appear illogical and close minded. YES, he is talented, YES he makes good music (when he wants too), But to sit there and act like his race has nothing to do with his success is foolish.
    test
  17. Mr. Key

Mr. Key Heron and sex in one....

And if you honestly think a cheesy song like "Hi, my name is" would have made any up and coming rapper famous your retarded. That song was a joke and was only popularized because it was comical and because the rapper was white.
    test
  18. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

whoa... someone's feelings got hurt. lol.

Mr. Key, normally your on some intelligent shit, but in this thread your acting like an idiot.

I've said over and over again that

its the Slim Shady EP, not the LP that got eminem the record deal. The EP was made around 97.

With infinite, he was just a face in the crowd, when he changed his style and invented Slim Shady, he got noticed.

Its like you idiots aren't even reading my posts.

My Name Is sold for the same reason Kanye's workout Plan and Ludacris' Saturday sold.

Its not the same damn shit everyone else was making.
    test
  19. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Honestly, imagine some black dude spitting the entire SSLP. No one would even give it a chance, it would prolly bomb worse than any album in history. Eminem is successful, because he is white, and just happens to be talented.
    test
  20. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

^^^What about Powder P from Mo thugs? He was pretty good, he was white, and on a major label.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.