3 REASONS why people dont like Eminem

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by BLOODraven, Aug 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BLOODraven

BLOODraven New Member

alright, i gotta say that these eminem threads are getting out of hand. But to try to settle something, here are the reasons why someone wouldnt like Em. If you have more add them with proof

1. He is white This isnt the only reason, but it is true that people just won't listen to him based on his race.

2. His last CD We all know Encore was horrible, but most people are baseing it on his whole career. I still think it is better than people make it out to be. He had very high expectations and he obviously didnt fulfill them. He had 5 whack songs that were so bad that they ruined the whole albumn. There are still a few quality tracks on there.

3. People take him too serious This is one of the most important reasons. Em says some crazy shit which makes him very entertaining. He is assuming the audience is intelligent enough to understand when he is saying some crazy shit, or being serious. A normal person will listen to a tracks like my name is, im shady, kill you, or criminal and laugh their heads off. Others will question every line he writes...
    test
  2. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

lol @ I know Encore was horrible.

Thats 1/4th his solo albums, 25 percent of his music right there.
    test
  3. SHADY_SOLDIERS

SHADY_SOLDIERS New Member

Eminem is still king , encore wasent tht bad jus had some realli bad tracks but did hav some gd ones , sum of the best of his career like (Toy Soldiers)

And if U niggaz wansent so racist , then no 1 would care if hes white or black ,, he might be white (and uz see it as white boyz cant rap ) well hes the best rapper to ever grace this planet .

Em = King
    test
  4. absolute zero

absolute zero Among the living

Say what you want about Em, but anytime I listen to the SSLP and hear Rock Bottom.........shit's insane. Love that song.
    test
  5. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

word @ reason #1
    test
  6. Break_Bread

Break_Bread *TheTwinkleInUrGirlsEye*

#1's the biggest by far....if Em was black he woulda already been the GOAT for 90% of Hip-Hop listeners.
    test
  7. D.Cipher

D.Cipher New Member

^if eminem was black he would not be as successful

i'm not taking anything away from him at all, Slim is nasty, but you have to admit there was a shit load of suburbian (white) kids that jumped all over his dick just because the man was white

when he first came out i was hating on him a lil, not because of his music, but because his fans were the dumbest hip hop fans i'd ever seen in my life...he dropped "my name is" and these kids were saying he's the best rapper to ever touch the mic and treated the man like he invented hip hop music...then if you ask them to list other rappers they knew they'd be like umm....Nelly, Big Tymers...
    test
  8. Break_Bread

Break_Bread *TheTwinkleInUrGirlsEye*

no i think eventually he woulda broke through mainstream Dre didnt even know he was white when he first heard him and wanted to sign him. So he woulda signed to Aftermath anyway, then niggas would hopped on dick even harder. I dont think he woulda sold as much ur right. But he woulda sold to likes of Ja Rule, Jay-Z, DMX, and company.
    test
  9. KnightMere

KnightMere KnightMere

^^tru dre didnt know he was white...but i dont think he would sold as much
    test
  10. BLOODraven

BLOODraven New Member

ill agree he probably wouldnt have sold as much, however he would pobably have a lot more respect.
    test
  11. GreattheGreat

GreattheGreat $$$$$

its not just that hes white but that hes so good for a white guy. people are in denial that a white guy can be that good
    test
  12. Husrongeez

Husrongeez New Member

# 2 & 3 are 100% accurate. I think #1 only holds true for a very small amount of people.
    test
  13. AGENTSPITS

AGENTSPITS Got A BJ From AVA DEVINE!

25% of his music?

he has a ton of other tracks, mixtape shit, just random freestyles and other collabs that he ripped

they gotta count for something
    test
  14. Mind_Control_D

Mind_Control_D Detroits_Own

ya Oz is just a idiot...
    test
  15. killah_crakkka

killah_crakkka DSL's+6&quote;+MEN HOLLA!

yo the first ones true but u could also say number 1 reason why ppl like eminem is cause he's white...
    test
  16. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

I dont think its correct to say that eminem wouldn't sell as much if he was black. cause paul wall and bubba sparxx aint sellin anywhere close to him. Eminem sells because he is contraversial Contraversy is what sells in rap music. Its why 2pac is still the best selling rapper of all time 10 years after he died. Its why biggie sold so much. Its part of why Jay sells so much (but 4 jay its mostly because so many people relate to him) . Its why Game is always dissin people, and will CONTINUE to be involved in beef untill he is shot.

yeah eminem being white did help suburb kids look his way, but how do you think they heard about him? Its because of all the contraversy Eminem stirs up.
    test
  17. The_K3

The_K3 ^Secksi^

girls love eminem... white people love encore.. i was watching soem shit... that puke song in concert.. all these white people singing along.. im like wtf... eminem being black wouldtn do shit though.. i know enough black people who love emniem.. being black may have just put him in the same category.. i wouldnt im not racist or nothing.. but most of america is.
    test
  18. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Now people wanna count those, but when it comes to Papoose and Joe Budden, they cant be considered because they dont have albums.

I was only talking about album music, how can you be the greatest when 25 percent of your albums are pure garbage...?
    test
  19. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

Oz, just let it go...

anywayz if you're gonna talk about albums, not ALL of encore was pure garbage. It was a little less than half. The rest of the tracks were good songs,its just that he's made better.

so album wise its more like 12 percent
    test
  20. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

More than half. Plus he has wack songs on all his albums.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.