2013 has been a disappointing ass year... List your top 5 fav 2013 albums...

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by thedream233, Aug 21, 2013.

1. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

I've felt that way about Jay Z even before I ever heard that dumb it down line...

Nas, Em, BIG, Big L, Pac, Big Daddy Kane, Rakim, are all "greats" that have countless lyrics that make me go daaamnn!

I've never had that reaction to a jay-z line, other than laughing uncontrollably while listening to supa ugly. Usually when I'm impressed with Jay-z its because the beat of the song is really good (My First SOng, Blueprint 2) or his flow on a track is ridiculous (Bring It On, Is That Yo BItch)
    test
  2. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

doris was on my list... and it was in the correct spot as well.
    test
  3. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

Lupe may not be a better rapper, but he makes better music than Jay-z. yeah I said it.

kendrick is dope... not better than jay in any sense of the word, but hes dope and thats why i give him props end of story.

and saying hes not a top lyricist yet calling him one of the best rappers is "shitting" on jay?
    test
  4. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

what were your favorites? I know you like demigodz... I used to be a huge fan, but they've been rapping about the same shit for over a decade... I checked out the new album for celph titled...
    test
  5. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

If you're impresed by Jay's lyrics that up to you and your taste in lyricism... I just dont respect jay for his lyricism.
    test
  6. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

you just "skimmed" through jay's album? I may not consider jay a top lyricist but hes earned enough respect from me to give his album a full listen.

honestly, its dope... not spectacular, but its one of the few albums this year I didnt just listen to once or twice and then delete...
    test
  7. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

Picasso Baby is fuckin awesome.
    test
  8. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

thats jay pretending to be God again... I pay it no mind.
    test
  9. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

lyricism is the words that you use and how you put them together
    test
  10. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

Good music has never been something one should have to force themselves to listen to....If it doesn't catch my ear at least a bit in some sense, then what is the point in trying to make it catch my ear?.....
    test
  11. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

of course not you should never force yourself to listen to anything... I'm just saying certain rappers have put in enough work to deserve a full spin of an album... dont you have a certain list of rappers that you "have" to listen to if they drop a new project?
    test
  12. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

Any rapper I am still a fan of, and every rapper I hear something in....I have never really had to do that though, or if I feel I have to, I just listen as a person who isn't trying hard to listen....if that makes sense.....

Kanye's new album, I was not a fan of at all, but my curiosity made me go back and peep it again a few times....I still don't like it, but I don't hate it....
    test
  13. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

I also listen to the full spin because i like to know what I'm talking about. I make some "so-called" outrageous claims on this site and I like to be able to back them up.
    test
  14. Mel Man

Mel Man Wat ya'll bout to witness

word..n it's safe to say Jay has made plenty of those, nigga writes in his head

Listen to Regrets n Dead Presidents, that's a top lyricist/great song maker not to mention every other aspect that makes Jay great..story telling, flow, delivery, content, etc..
    test
  15. Mel Man

nigga it's all art

rap without words aint rap, thats why you got other aspects of hip hop that display ya other skills, rap is the skill of ya verbal...rap is ya words n how you express em with rhythm...all which Jay has pretty much mastered...to question his lyrics but label him a great rapper is silly

that's why Dream make me face palm :dizfacepalm:
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  16. Mel Man

saying that is dumb as fuck and technically don't make any sense..

once again you discredit him and put him in a "great music" box...so you like him for his flow n great songs but aren't impressed by his lyrics yet he's in your "best" category? Shit Drake got aight flow n some great songs, he aint no top rapper to me..

It's awfully similar to fake pac fans

sayin Pac wasn't great lyrically but is a great rapper...

:comeoneson:
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
    test
  17. Mel Man

no that's rap duke

style is everything else
    test
  18. Mel Man

so what's ya thought on accapelas??

accapela frees, battles, etc..

are these not rappers?

n can you not distinguish between good rap n bad rap without a beat?
    test
  19. ThatsNotMyName

ThatsNotMyName The Conquering Lion

Well BP3 was really meh so... Respect was decaying...
    test
  20. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

My thoughts are battling and making music are 2 very different things....Being a great battler doesn't make you a great rapper by any means, even when we battled over beats and really freestyled......And are you serious about the last comment?....why would I ever want to?.....But of course I can, at least to the standard of rap that I feel is good....but why on earth would I ever peep a rap accapella unless I was making a remix or something?.....

Bro I think you must have misunderstood something I said...
    test