2012 RSTL Magazine: Edition 1

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by FórmÅl LôGíc, Jan 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FórmÅl LôGíc

FórmÅl LôGíc Black Listed

2012 RSTL Magazine: Edition 1

Welcome to the revolution, the change, and to the future of writing. I personally would like to thank each one of you who’s taken part of the RSTL past and present but the future is now with those who are signed in and believe we can restore what was THE BEST story telling league on the net. That being said we’ve got some traditional powers, a few up and comers, and some that I’ve personally never read or heard of before, all of which makes for what can be one hell of a season. We can throw our biases away when it comes to reading fresh writers because what once was great writing can now be seen as ancient scripts. It’s a brand new time. A time where we can sculpt the new era of storytelling leagues; a time where we can build by reaching out to those we know; and a time to come up with fresh ideas. I’m dead set on stepping up the game with help of everyone, all the while keeping the traditional aspects. You’ve got three dedicated mods who will listen to all your concerns, questions, and ideas. I ask you all to enjoy the experience, immerse yourself, and have fun with this.

WEEK 2 OUT-LOOK

Coup d’etat(1-0) vs J. Keeper(1-0)

I personally don’t know either too well. I’ve read a verse or two from each and the up and comers are bound for greatness. They’ve got a slick style that allows for smooth flow and some captivating lines. Coup has a style similar to some of my favorite writers; concise but full of passion and visuals. J Keeper on the other hand writes to build character and provoke thought. I predict a very close battle here and a battle that will continue for a long time coming.

Kuja(1-0) vs. Lyrical Priest(1-0)

Again these are two writers I don’t know very well and one I know is an alias of some-one I still don’t much writing from. I can’t say I’ve read either ones verses at all before today. They both had the fortune of no shows from some formidable vets. Kuja brings a solid style that he will continue improve upon and eventually fine tune and when that day comes he will be force to be reckoned with. Lyrical Priest seems to have it down and is just looking for an opponent to tear down. He brings a style that rivals the likes of the greats. With a little work on consistency and conciseness we could looking at a multiple champion. I expect another strong showing from both and another close verse.

Nom(1-0) vs Patrown(1-0)

We’ve got a battle of two very different styles. Patrown brings a very poetic style that with a little time and deeper character building can definitely become a solid and unique style that not many others will venture to try or accomplish. Nom is a writer who seems to be doing this for a while and knows the in’s and out’s of his own style along with the like of the voters. This guy is on top of his game and the RSTL game and will be one of the top writers to look at to be champ.

ShadowWarriors(1-0) vs The Omega Man(1-0)

This match intrigues me. It’s a writer’s paradise for each reader/voter that comes along to take a look. Omega brings a very vivid story telling style with a touch of class. While Shadow brings a bit a vague story telling style with of touch of ruggedness. These two will capture the reader’s attention and allow them to become involved with the story. I can predict a close match here but it’ll become a matter of preference rather than who out dueled one another.

Breathless(0-1) vs InsaneVillian(0-1)

I for one can vouch that InsaneVillian is not to be taken lightly even in the mist of his quickly written verse that fell a bit short of expectations. This is a champ and always will be. He can take down the best with a little time and drive to win. DO NOT sleep on him. Breathless brings a fresh look at story telling. It’s a style that lends itself to topics that no one will touch because of the edginess or just sheer uniqueness. This will at day’s end can make Breathless a star or become lost in the muck. I’ve got faith that his style will capture the eyes of voters and will make this match much closer than people think it will be.

nO gOoD!(0-1) vs 5 Starre(0-0)

I’m not too familiar with either of these writers as well. From what I’ve heard both can put it down when the tire hits the asphalt. I wish I could write more about each but I do look forward to reading each and breaking down the verses next week. Best of luck to each and impress me.

Anaphora(0-0) vs Cereal_Killer(0-0)

This is the battle of the week, hands down (if both show). These are two legends, and well rounded vets that both have been champs. We will see a battle of well thought out story lines with excellent rhythm, flow, vocab, and vivid descriptions. These two will allow you to see the RSTL at its finest and a pedestal for all to strive to reach. I could write for days about the two but Ill allow their writing to speak for themselves.

DeadKing(0-0) vs FórmÅl LôGíc(0-0)

DeadKing has done it all as well. He’s an accomplished vet with an eye for the top. He won’t make my return easy or allow me to shake off any rust. I’m just a old man that wants to write to pass the time so we’ll see how this one ends up.

Galatea(0-0) vs Nu’maaN(0-0)

I can say honestly I don’t know or ever heard of these two. Again I look forward to reading each verse and breaking them down.

Pent uP(0-0) vs TeKneeK(0-0)

This could be the runner up to battle of the week or the battle of the week if both decide to show and after that decide to write to the greatest ability. Tekneek has written it all, seen it all, voted on it all, and modded it all, so one would be proud to have Tek give praises about their verse. Pent uP found his way up the top of the ranks quite a few times. Some would say it was during the weaker crowd of competitors but I strongly disagree. The top is the top no matter what and once people read his verses they will understand why. Tekneek when he puts it down also can beat anyone and I mean ANYONE. This can be exciting. I hope both take some time to show but more so, time to write.
    test
  2. FórmÅl LôGíc

WHAT TO LOOK FOR IN THE COMING MAGS….
    TOP 10 LINES

Ill sift thoroughly through each verse to find the lines that stand out amongst all the others. This will be the staple of the fresh new look magazine. If I cant find 10 great lines then only the best will be chosen. Impress me.

VERSE OF THE WEEK

No real change here. Best verse of the week will receive it’s due recognition. Many writers will receive multiple awards here but its on you to prove me wrong and keep it on swift rotation.

POWER RANKINGS (TOP 5)

Top 5 writers will be chosen and awarded with the praise from me and all who recognize. This doesn’t mean you’re in the top 5, just means on the given week you managed to catch the eye of the league.

CONCLUSION

I apologize for not getting deeper into the mag but did want to give an outline for what you can expect in the coming weeks. I would have it done earlier but I was in Orlando visiting family and my first beautiful niece. In conclusion I expect to see some great verses this coming week, and even better voting. Im thrilled to have so many great writers on board, and ready to be impressed by the ones I don’t know very well. Let’s make this league the talk of the net. Farewell.
    test
  3. Pent uP

Pent uP I'd Like to Fight Ten Men

decent opener. Props for the effort

and for all intent purposes there's a slew of people Tek can't touch. truth. Not saying one of them is signed in. Just saying that statement was a bit...uhh..over the top.

I'm also predicting Ana with VOTW if he posts
    test
  4. FórmÅl LôGíc

But its provocative. And yeah I for one will say this isnt a decent mag but I wanted to get something up soon while Ive got a moment and improve upon it next week when Ive much more time on my hands.

And if Ana shows I predict the same.
    test
  5. Coup d'état

Coup d'état Don't believe the hype

nice little mag...I like the ideas of the power ranks, 10 best lines. Thumbs up to that. keep the garbage out like babe of the week, and other filler.

I hope your writing a weekly mag holds up.
    test
  6. Pent uP

Pent uP I'd Like to Fight Ten Men

word. Ana's a beast
    test
  7. Defcon_5

Defcon_5 Relax and take notes

I look forward to seeing my name in this mag alot lol
    test
  8. nO gOoD!

nO gOoD! Life Music :: Press Play

Lol :)
    test
  9. patrown

patrown student for life

hey, thanks man.not only for your compliments, but also for doing this. '
    I'll be reading it every week.
    test
  10. Cereal_Killer

Cereal_Killer no ESCAPE

cheers for the look out..

hope ana shows..
    test
  11. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Good stuff.
    test
  12. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

Appreciate what you said about me formal... I've written this mag before. so if u need help want an extra article or anything man hit me up!
    test
  13. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

test
  14. lyricalpriest

idk why your laughing shad.. I actually published some good magazines..
    btw.. if you want to see why I stopped helping out with the league other then
    the reason's i've already given you.. check out the front page on RM.. my battle league is flourishing
    test
  15. Kuja

Kuja Jack Skellington

Nice mag, yea i need to perfect my style again, im very rusty at the moment but as long as i keep dropping week in week out, im sure ill get there again =-) Win or lose i only write because i enjoy exploring my mind to try develope verses, so regardless of win or lose, this season im here for good
    test
  16. lyricalpriest

take advantage of the true secret of the rstl I see.. smart take..
    test
  17. Kuja

Kuja Jack Skellington

Yup, nice verse by the way, got my work cut out for me, but what i enjoy about these type of leagues is that there is no real winner or loser, as long as you enjoy writing and feel the energy as you write, everyone wins.
    test
  18. lyricalpriest

Ty very much Kuja.. I just love too write.. Me and you share the same passion.. this weeks match up will turn out very interesting I'm sure.. the problem with competition imo.. is somebody has to lose some body has to win.. the up-side is in the RSTL winning by a inch and a mile is very obvious, and more often then not.. the true winner doesn't always win and the obvious loser could sometimes win.. the judging isn't perfect.. therefor we mustn't allow our selves to base the qaulity of our art on these trivial theatrics... let us all enjoy the art together for what it is.. I look forward to reading your verse this week btw... g'luck

endrant#
    test
  19. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

@Formal, you may remember me as .:pain:., or not.

Regardless, I remember you and it's good to have you back.
    test
  20. nO gOoD!

nO gOoD! Life Music :: Press Play

Good mag. Next week should be an even better one :)
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.