2012 RM PREDICTIONS LEAGUE (Rankings)

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by LungZzZ, Apr 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LungZzZ

LungZzZ Well-Known Member

2012 Predictions League
    [​IMG]

:10xplatinum:
    1st. Sir Bustalot** 23-10
    2nd. J. Keeper 20-13
    3rd. GaLaTeA* 19-14
    4th. zyclon B gas 18-15
    5th(2). DemiGod 17-16
    DogMeat 17-16
    6th(2). Jay Bee 15-18
    LungZzZ 15-18
    7th. Makabreli* 12-7
    8th. krowe23 9-8
    9th. DethStryque 8-4

:10xplatinum:​
    Basic Rules:

Every UFC and Strikeforce event from here on out, we make predictions on.
    By the end of the year we see where everyone is pick wise!
    We will be predicting the 5 fight main cards, choosing either a WIN/LOSS/DRAW.

Every predictions thread (containing the fighters you will need to pick from)
    will be posted at-least 1 week before the event;
    Personal Messages will be sent once the thread is open for Predictions.

HOW DO THE RECORDS/RANKINGS WORK? Ranks start out with everyone even, in alphabetical order. Based on the ratio of correct to incorrect predictions, one's record will change (i.e. pick 4/6 then your record will show 4-2) thus eventually changing rank. Rank is your overall position in the league, record is your individual performance.
    ***If No Shows continually occur, Wins will take priority OVER losses.
    For example, 5-5 will mean as much as 5-1 (5 wins being whats taken into account).
    This is just to be fair to the active participants.

There is NO PENALTY for no showing, as it hurts you enough already missing out on picks,
    and I don't want anyone to feel excluded, this is meant to be FUN!!!!!
    Let the pickings begin!!!

Hall Of Fame (Perfect Predictions)
    Sir Bustalot*, UFC 146, May26th. 1st Perfect Prediction!
    GaLaTeA*, UFC 146, May26th. 2nd Perfect Prediction!
    Makabreli*, UFC 146, May26th. 3rd Perfect Prediction!
    Sir Bustalot**, TUF Live Finale, June1st. 4th Perfect Prediction!
    -
    -​

List:
    LungZzZ
    Makabreli
    GaLaTeA
    DemiGod
    Jay Bee
    Sir Bustalot
    J. Keeper
    zyclon B gas
    DogMeat
    DethStryque
    krowe23
    test
  2. LungZzZ

Questions?

Any questions or suggestions place here as well!!!
    test
  3. LungZzZ

New Member Added B4 WEEK 1 IS FINALIZED: DethStryque
    test
  4. N A S T Y

N A S T Y Well-Known Member

does this start this weekend?
    test
  5. LungZzZ

!!congradulations deth and gas!!

:10xplatinum::10xplatinum:
    WEEK 1 PREDICTIONS HAVE COME TO AN END!

I'd like to give a SHOUT-OUT to zyclon b gas for the pretty SOLID prediction (5-1).
    3-3 seemed to be the average of the league (50%), and only ONE member didn't get
    their predictions in.

GREAT JOB from everyone who participated and even MAKABRELI who couldn't make it!
    test
  6. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

i cant believe torres and shaub got dropped like they did.

ill come back strong
    test
  7. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

missed the whole thing.

aside from seeing about 5 seconds of a round summary for the jones match.
    test
  8. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

had a feeling shaub would lose to fatty mcfat, but he'd been doin so well...
    test
  9. LungZzZ

Brendan and Torres really surprised me, heck even Mark.
    test
  10. DethStryque

DethStryque DethStryque theInvincible

I really liked this card top to bottom, including the Wonderboy Thompson fight. People aren't giving that fight enough props.

And people are really sleeping on many of the more obvious and more subtle nuances in the Jones-Evans fight.

Remember how I predicted that Evans-Jones would be primarily a kickboxing fight for Jones mixed with wrestling...like 70-30 kickboxing...and for Evans it would be a kickboxing-wrestling match...60-40 kickboxing>wrestling in the early going but shifting toward 60-40 wrestling>kickboxing if Suga could make the wrestling work? Well, pretty much every truly experienced striker-grappler I know expected that too.

What few of us expected were Jones' long range elbows, and I was the only one I know to predict Rashad head kicking Jones. But I was surprised--pleasantly--to see and note the following:

Jones pulled off a head level roundhouse-back side kick combo. Didn't land, juuust missed. But it's gorgeous for longtime martial artists like me to see techs that have been largely dismissed by the doofus martial arts n00bs or straight up meatheads that populate MMA get its props. I predicted the proliferation of this combo along with predicted the coming of the TKD and karate style kicks and switch kicks

Rashad worked Jones' legs with leg kicks. I knew he would, and I predicted that he would be able to get to Jones' legs with kicks and use that weapon to slow Jones enough for takedowns mid-round in Round 3 and on throughout the fight. I was wrong in that prediction, but Rashad explained that he had a injury to his leg that came from Jones checking a leg kick...and that prevented him from throwing kicking combos

I was surprised to note that Rashad still has NOT developed the lead leg sidekick to the knee. That's a staple tech that I use all the time. It's MONEY for leg kicks. Terrific set up for a single leg combo kick--single or double sidekick to the knee/rear leg or lead leg roundhouse kick to the leg.

I was surprised that those guys don't throw punches to hide their switch kick and/or flying knee. Like the way I show it in my video here:

ATACX GYM MUAY THAI PUNCH KICK SWITCH JUMP KNEE - YouTube

I loved the footsweep that Jones used to dump Evans. Mess was SWEET. But the creative setup was even better. The footwork, angled entry, timing, the feinted knee which caused Rashad to defend for only a fraction of a second a knee that never came and thus allowed Jones the clinch

I loved how Rashad immediately started punching once Jones bravely--almost brazenly--pulled guard on Rashad.

I loved how Rashad immediately negated Jones' top game and escaped once Jones dropped him. Many people would have been and have been destroyed by the deadly and dazzling Jones once he got them down. Not Rashad; he scrambled outta there without a problem. Rampage Machida Rua Hamil Bader etc were helpless or nearly so when Jones dropped them.
    ****************************************************************************************************************************************************

What does Rashad do from here? Does he lateral to Strikeforce and take the gold there? Or does he cut weight and lose to Anderson? Does he wait til Jones moves to HW? And YES Anderson can take Jones. Jones' creativity is nothing compared to what Anderson can do, Anderson's clinch is better, defense is much better, subgame is definitely better, and his wrestling defense is underrated. Anderson beats Jones by U.D. or TKO.
    test
  11. LungZzZ

I like your opinions, good read though I don't agree everywhere.

Rashad is a lightheavyweight through and through and 1 of the best in the UFC, Strikeforce shouldn't be considered by anyone...The amount of competition down there is less then stellar. I personally would love the weight cut, but if he looked drained the first fight, and not awesome, fudge it, keep him at LHW. I wouldn't even say wait for Jones either, Rashad has been waiting on the sidelines for a belt for LONG enough that their is a whole new division out there for him now that he potentially has to work his way back up. He only has 2 losses and I doubt this really hurts his rank in the UFCs eyes (fuck the fans view). Alexander Gustaffson, Lyoto rematch, Shogun Rua or Little Nog are all competitors I could see Sugar beating/would atleast enjoy watching.

I also believe Anderson can take Jones, but in a year or two more, no. By 2013 Jones body will be almost fully grown, physically and mentally, and I really doubt the size advantage/creativity of Jones wouldn't lead to an eventual TKO of the p4p legend. All speculation but if Silva wants something like that on his record (which he has expressed he doesn't) he needs to do it now.
    test
  12. DethStryque

I would love to see Rashad tear every one of the guys you mentioned a new one...even though I'm a serious Lyoto Machida fan. I'd like to see those fights too, but effectively? Rashad would be treading water until Jones left. And yeah I see Rashad pulling a TKO off on even Hendo.

As for Strikeforce...

...if Rashad cracks some UFC LHW top contenders' heads, moves over to Strikeforce and smashes for the LHW gold, then he has a better chance of winning with less wear and tear on his body and he can then return for a renewed publicity shot at Jon Jones. Or he could return just prior to Jones bouncing to HW and snag the LHW gold from whoever would be LHW#3 at that time [ probably Machida, Gustafsson or Rua ].

I absolutely don't want Rashad to face Anderson. Anderson's style would inflict too much damage on Rashad, and if Anderson were 5 years younger? He'd wreck a fully mature Jones too. But they'd have to fight at a catchweight because a fully mature Jones would WALK AROUND at 240 or so, like Forrest Griffin does.
    test
  13. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

no sir
    test
  14. DethStryque

In a 5 or 7 rounder? I see it. But we'll have to watch them fight after Jones annihilates Hendo.
    test
  15. LungZzZ

Honestly I see Rashad taking Hendo, I wanted that fight @ one point, very entertaining. Again I REALLY don't think Rashad should head to SF though I like your reasoning. Rashad isn't Hendo's age though, and is top-level, when he is done in the UFC he will be retired.

I do agree with you on the Silva point as well, Rashad @ Middleweight would be sick but a win over Anderson would be VERY TOUGH, though not impossible. Rashad has some of the best GnP in the LHW division, and if he would man up and use his wrestling, he could win the fight. Obviously he would need to get the fight to the ground, which would be the make or break point, but either way it would be interesting.
    test
  16. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

hendo's been lookin crisp. i give him a good chance against jones.
    test
  17. DethStryque

While I usually agree with you, ZBG? Not this time. Jones would cleanly dominate Hendo with kickboxing, movement, and ***** striking. Hendo lacks the accuracy defense quickness movement agility and arsenal to be a legitimate threat to Jones. It won't be a shoot out vs Jones like Hendo had with Rua. It will be a kickboxing contest which will get more and more one sidedly in Jones' favor as the fight wears on. And as the damage piles up on Hendo? Jones will look to finish him.

And Jones probably WILL finish him. Jones will definitely dominate Hendo.
    test
  18. DethStryque

cosign most of this above without reservation. But if you don't think that Rashad can win gold in the UFC at LHW or MW--and I don't either--then it seems that SF is the way to go for gold. Being a title holder means more than NOT being a title holder and being FORCED to sit in the shadows of Jones and Silva. Even if Silva left the MW division? Rashad would still be in for tough scraps vs Vitor and Chael...but he should win those fights.
    test
  19. LungZzZ

I think he can win it at LHW in the UFC.
    And if Anderson were to leave the Middleweight division I think more people then Rashad would drop down :p.
    test
  20. DethStryque

LOL well said. I don't think that he'd win the UFC LHW gold as long as Jones is there. I think it would come down to Rashad vs Lyoto, Rua, and Hendo. He should beat all 3 of them, although Lyoto's style should be most difficult for him to solve.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.