2011 World Series of Poker Main Event...

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by The Saurus, Jul 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twinmania

Twinmania Maybe we don't exist....

for anyone who watched the stream earlier who was that dude who lost a three of a kind Jack hand when his opponent got an Ace at the river to make it a three of a kind? Been in films im sure of it, recognise him loads......

he came second and won a bracelet...
    test
  2. The Saurus

The Saurus Two Times of a lotta shit

Yeah that's basically the strategy I use, especially the early stages of the Main Event. Really the most important things days 1&2 are position & pot control. When your stack is so deep and you have so much room to play theres no need to put a big % of it in jeopardy with hands like one pair or bottom 2. I play the same style in cash games but I play way more hands in position and turn on the aggression accordingly. Smallball style when your deepstacked has really become the most successful way to play.
    test
  3. Blanco_

Blanco_ Pacman GotTheGatMan

I might be late on this but Pete have you been featured on ESPN poker series back in the days?
    test
  4. The Saurus

Naw, never on ESPN. There's a chance a hand I played Tuesday vs. Jeff Lisandro will get televised at some point but I dunno. The field size is gettin down near a thousand tho so my roommate has a good chance of gettin on the air if he picks up a few more chips. Team Legendary is still alive
    test
  5. BLAZE-WON

BLAZE-WON GOD BODY

good run bro...you got this next year. have you ever had someone put up money to play for them and you split the winnings? might need to holla at you if you do.
    test
  6. The Saurus

yeah homie, having a backer is how 3/4 of the field is generated. Lemme know whats good. I'm in Vegas and LA playing pretty regularly.
    test
  7. The Saurus

My roommate finished day 3 at 243,500 chips, right around average stack. Tomorrow they will break the money bubble. min. cash is $19K. LETS GO
    test
  8. BLAZE-WON

BLAZE-WON GOD BODY

dope, i've been wondering about this for a minute...pm me a good way to get in contact with you
    test
  9. JesusOfRap

JesusOfRap DO SOMETHING FOOL

did ur roommate cash
    test
  10. SK Armour

SK Armour ✪ ⓈⓀ ⒶⓇⓂⓄⓊⓇ ✪

His roommate is still in with about 500K.
    test
  11. shutupngoaway

shutupngoaway New Member

nice lets go rooomate
    test
  12. The Saurus

Last level of the night, Drew still has about 350K chips after one small misstep. Blinds are 4-8k w/ 1K ante, so he's about 75K below avg stack or so. Min cash right now is better than 23G's, but fuck all that min-cash nonsense. LETS GO
    test
  13. The Saurus

Drew survived day 4. Cold decked for the most part since the dinner break, ended the night at 175K chips. Less than 400 players left. Apparently he doubled up with AA and made quads with the cameras filming so when they air the seasonal episodes in the fall it'll likely get aired along w/ a handful of other clashes at his table. Pretty dope. Minimum 30K at this point
    test
  14. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

Damn congrats to your homie for getting this far. Sounds like he's been doing pretty well overall even though he's under the average stack now.
    test
  15. The Saurus

Well, Drew got coolered badly and busted 183rd. Most aggressive player at the table raises and Drews in the small blind with KK. He 3 bets of course, Maxamillion shoves allin, Drew snap calls and of course Maxi has AA for a million chip pot. So brutal to bust out in that spot. great run. time to look forward to next year
    test
  16. shutupngoaway

shutupngoaway New Member

^^^ was it the same guy that 6 bet shoved on shaun deeb with A 6off?
    test
  17. shutupngoaway

shutupngoaway New Member

ANYONE HAVE A STREAM LINK FOR ESPN3 cant watch it in canada
    test
  18. The Saurus

YUP same dude. he raises 80% fo the hands he's dealt. there's NO chance of folding Kings to him honestly, his range is too wide. Just a rough spot to go broke, but it was filmed, he should get a reasonable amount of TV time when they air episodes in the fall
    test
  19. shutupngoaway

shutupngoaway New Member

less thant 100 left this is the best part of the tournament TBH

WSOP.com

im at my sisters place and they have 1 ofthose mini cinemas in there house i have hooked up to a a huge projector just chillin

RussianPT.com - Pokeroff.ru on Justin.tv
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.