2011 World Series of Poker Main Event...

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by The Saurus, Jul 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimi Hillside

Jimi Hillside ._._._._._._._._._._._._.

test
  2. TheGodOfPez

TheGodOfPez Whiskey for breakfast

Saurus, is it nerve racking knowing that you're being filmed by ESPN? Fortunately, you have a lot of experience of being in front of a camera --- but not to an audience of this extent!

Kill that table, dude!! A few double-ups will be looovely.
    test
  3. shutupngoaway

shutupngoaway New Member

We in here lets gooooo
    test
  4. PhilaTit

PhilaTit Well-Known Member

Where is a good stream at, the link above is just the main event.
    test
  5. Jimi Hillside

test
  6. shutupngoaway

shutupngoaway New Member

test
  7. ville2ville

ville2ville Friendship SmileNet [=

who are the other people at his table so if I hear their names I can switch back to see saury povich in the camera frame
    test
  8. ville2ville

ville2ville Friendship SmileNet [=

watching this on espn3.com is much easier... no lag and looks great
    test
  9. Jimi Hillside

TheSaurus831 Peter Morris
    well, I busted out of the Main Event. All folds to me on the button w/ A-10 hearts so i shove for my last 12K. of course i run into 2 Kings
    test
  10. The Saurus

The Saurus Two Times of a lotta shit

*sigh* oh well. at least my roommate got a quick double up with top set & now he's over 200K in chips. Well above average stack. I'm hella disappointed with how things ended up for me tho. Fuck all this day 3 shit. I demand to make a real run
    test
  11. fresco 5

fresco 5 Well-Known Member

i think you need to prepare more mentally. you didn't do enough visualization and positive thinking but I believe next year will be your year Morris 2012
    test
  12. TradeMark310

TradeMark310 Tunk vs Lux

Ah well homie, you made a good run and played it right.

There's always next year!
    test
  13. Twinmania

Twinmania Maybe we don't exist....

damn did you just see that 3xA's against 3xJ's dayum.
    test
  14. The Saurus

believe me homie, all i've been doing since busting out last year is projecting positivity and visualizing having the best hand hold up when it needs to. I'm a strong believer in having that type of mindset. Since last year I've been on the best run of my life in cash games & i had a few solid tourney cashes both online and live to go with it. I genuinely thought Id make a run this year and I was as mentally prepped as I've ever been. Once I get my album done and out in August I'll most likely be taking a year off of battling & bullshitting to focus solely on my tournament play
    test
  15. statuez

statuez New Member

so you only go to wsop to play the main event and on the side play some cash games? I dont see the point in that unless you are already a huge winner in poker and are playing the wsop just to get a deep run. i would play a bunch of smaller buy in events with a smaller field instead of just playing a huge luckfest tbh.
    test
  16. The Saurus

I've been out here 18 days so far, and aside from the main event I played 13 other tournaments ranging from $235-1k buyins, and I probably spent another 75 hours minimum playing live games, mostly $2-5 & 1-3 nl. My roommate did essentially the same thing. And we have a % of each other's action for every tournament including the Main Event. I dont come here to just take one shot in one tourney.
    test
  17. The Saurus

Watch out for the AGL Umbrella Pop shirt. I'll be railbirding my roommate in the orange section and lurking the other tv tables for sure. Ben Lamb is great to watch, and he's on the sickest run ever over the past month
    test
  18. SiFu

SiFu Burning Down Babylon!

damn homie I shoulda got at you when I was in town last weekend....I was binge gambling lmao

From what I know of you Saurus you play very tight....which is very good for cash games (especially as a prop no question) but in tourny's, not so good imo...****pends on stack and blinds etc etc but we all know the best hand holding up when you need it to is a very big risk.....

Im not saying you played anything wrong coz I know nothing...I just think for tourny play you could loosen up a little bit and take a few more risks when things are cheap enough to namean....

I never played WSOP tho and I know I would be super scared with any marginal hand then shitting myself with aces knowing one bad flop could put me in trouble lol

PEACE
    test
  19. PhilaTit

PhilaTit Well-Known Member

Good run Pete, better luck next year.

Leave nothing to chance (although its pretty much impossible in WSOP, you get what I'm saying)
    test
  20. nyccee4

nyccee4 New Member

yo saurus what u think of the small ball strategy, ive been using that a lot in local cash games and cleaning up.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.