2007 Shelby Cobra GT500

Discussion in 'Car & Audio' started by Snikka, Feb 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snikka

Snikka Vision Action Execution

Tigre, you're on some subnormal level. Every car was 50k+

the MAJORITY of people dont want an ALL AROUND CAR for 100k.. like 100k is easy for someone to spend.

35k with all options would seem a good price to me for a GT500.
    test
  2. Snikka

the new m3 looks amazing.

but it's expensive... what do you drive now Tigre?

setting those standards pretty high and looking outside of specific classes.
    test
  3. Tigre

Tigre Ax Me About Ebonics

lol... sorry, must be the ppl you hang out with and the ppl i hang out with are on a different level. Besides if i was on such a subnormal level why are these cars pretty much sold since the waiting list is pretty much full. Maybe in your neck of the woods they want the GT500 but in mine, that shit doesn't cut it. The avg income in my county is 94k.. sooo the shit aint hard to understand ... I dont live in your neighborhood I speak on what I know. So the MAJORITY of the ppl HEREdo want the nice european luxury car... And this metropolitan area and every other on the east coast is the same. Shit we have 25 yr olds driving M series like it's normal...

Besides the MAJORTITY of the ppl don't want a fucking mustang either. The majority of the ppl want something like a fucking TL and that is far away from any fucking muscle car.

And since when did the GT500 cost 35K?
    test
  4. Tigre

That is incorrect.. they thought the Z06 was a great track car, but they would never own one. They rather have the c6 though, because atleast you could drive the car on the streets and not worry about the harsh ride.

And Jeremy Clarkson does not own one american car.... although he agrees as I do that the best muscle cars are now classics. BBC has their own profile on youtube.. they are reloading most of the episodes.

They are not biased because they have the best cars to drive, if that were the case Motor Trend anc Car and Driver would be the same. Although MT and C&D are biased with american cars... Top Gear is biased with British engineering and made cars... that is how they are the same.
    test
  5. Tigre

06 Ninja ZX6R
    06 C230 K - business lease car
    07 335i --- stock for now...

The C230 lease will be up shortly.. and since business is going well it is time for something bigger and nicer.
    test
  6. Snikka

Everyone has different tastes... I like all sorts of cars.. doesn't mean I dont want a different one or appreciate other cars on different aspects.

I'm from the burbs, 15 mins outside of chicago, upper middle class. and live just east of Phoenix currently in Mesa. where I own my house and stuff. I go to ASU/work in fact also in Tempe. I'm not trynig to misinterpret myself.

but, even when I travel to Scottsdale which is very common for me.. I BARELY see these cars you mention like they make up a large percentage of the market. I see faily common cars everywhere I go.

Take a few things into account.... we dont get snow.. roads are different. it's warm here year round.. the cost of living is different. the cities are different.

Maybe not EVERYONE in Arizona is trying to drive a Benz? or a Porsche?

Most the guys I know drive just normal ass cars.. Jeep GC's, f-bodys, acuras, infinity, nissan, ford, late model bmw's etc. etc... not 100k M3's.

and I dont even like Mustang.. I was just commenting on the car, because I read a lot of forums and wanted to see what you guys think.

I dont even like Ford really..
    test
  7. Snikka

I'd DD a vette.. I dont care what you and the East coast think.

As far as I know do you realise that JC actually had a Ford GT??

And that Hampster has a Dodge Charger 440 R/T and a Mustang GT390??
    test
  8. Snikka

so damn man.. why you talking about 100k m3's? and c6's?

I understand your bias at this point (cause you have some nice cars)... but...

335 07' is only 38-40k car... and leases/bikes are cheap...

After dealer markup up the GT500 is rounding 66k in some areas. you pay for a piece of history.

if I could cop a GT500 for 35k, I bet I'd consider it....... thats all I was saying.
    test
  9. juicyab602

juicyab602 New Member

test
  10. Tigre

lol true I only paid 43k for it... and yeah leases are cheap, even cheaper for me since it is a business write-off, and the bike hell that is paid off since day one. But yeah a $400 car payment is cheap I do agree.. but I go through cars like ppl go through toilet paper. But now since I travel so much that I am barely at home, I am just looking for one car. And by the end of 2008 I will have one car that I will keep for a LONG TIME..

GT500..piece of history...ehhh..thats a stretch. I guess in a small way a piece of american history... maybe.. but even if that, I would just go ahead and buy a 67 Camaro or so and just fully rebuild it. That would be my idea of a piece of history. Not one american car excluding the GT40 and the new C6 Z06 can be said to be a part of "history."

Oh and yeah my bad JC does own a GT40.. although the GT40 is about american made as the Statue of Liberty, but still it does wear a Ford badge.. and yeah i know Hammy has some muscle cars.. Even Captain Slow has an american car.. I just forgot that JC had one.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.