2001 Jetta Wolfsburg

Discussion in 'Car & Audio' started by kill@ B, Sep 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kill@ B

kill@ B richard rise

i recently bought this car and im wanting to add to it. does anyone have any suggestions that they might have seen recently that looked good, or have any pics of their own?????

please post!!!

anything will help thanks
    test
  2. Snikka

Snikka Vision Action Execution

thats a 1.8T right? 150 hp?

yeah... add anything like a sound system, tints, rims... just dont try to make it fast..

cause i know you're thinking "damn i really like those loud coffee can exhausts"
    test
  3. kill@ B

kill@ B richard rise

ya i already have tinted windows, bbs rims, and the factory sound system is awesome....

the car isnt the fastest with its horse power but its decent.

what did u mean about the tin sound????
    test
  4. Tigre

Tigre Ax Me About Ebonics

lol...

he means acting like a civic.. no worries cause the 1.8t engine was one of the top ten engines for 6 years. Soo I had a 1.8t for a daily driver. It ran 12's soo i know a little something about how quick they can be.

Even though you have wheels they are small. Those BBS wheels are nice but used wisely for winter wheels and or track wheels. The sound system which is a monsoon is ass.. that shit sucks balls. But if you like it.. then alright.

Mods I would suggest:
    Chip..
    Apr, Giac, or Revo.. those are the best and not in that order.

Exhaust:
    Forge has a great deep growl. Best sounding exhaust without all the noise.

Intake:
    CAI doesn't really matter just don't get a short ram intake.

Wheels:
    All depends on what style you like

Bodykit:
    Get an OEM kit from the GLI version. The GLI has all around valences that are great looking and make the car have a very clean look to it.

If I were you... I would get a Chip/Forge 006 Dirverter Valve/CAI/18-19 wheels/ and GLI lip kit/Stereo Setup. Then call it a day.

Pics.. no prob.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    test
  5. kill@ B

kill@ B richard rise

what type of body kit is in the top pic? that one is nice

im goin for simple but nice. i dont like when it looks gotti
    test
  6. Snikka

got rice?

lol @ "deep growl"

lol @ 12's
    test
  7. Tigre

None of them are rice, they all run low 13's and high 12's... wait.. what do you run again? :)

bet you any amount of money.. that I would of ate your ride, and sadly it was a fwd 4cyl daily driver..lol...

Bet you my 92 gti would of ate you ish without needing to shift to 4th..lol

but..yeah ok deep growl.. maybe a little much, but it is for a 4cyl..lol.
    test
  8. Snikka

what I run isn't of concern.. because my car has potential all day.

heres the deal tho... I'm not gonna bullshit you, i haven't run at a track to date... cause i dont beat on my car and i only race on the street. and i work weekends.. but trust that my club is AT THE TRACK if i wanted to get up there.

but here's my mods:

ory pipe, Texas speed&perf rumbler catback, ground ram air, bellows, slp lid, k&n filter, 25% underdrive crank pulley and BFG KDWs. I'm not rich and i dont blow all my money on my car.. but just wait til i'm out of warranty and i can consider a Cam/Head package and start doint some real shit, well see whats up..

i BET you that with my mods right now i'm breaking into the high 12's... shrugs.. pretty low cost to get there also.

I mean, feel free to list the mods it took for you to break into the 12's PLEASE....

anyone can drop a 150 shot into their 150hp car and break into the high 13's/14's probably.. but your numbers took WORK.. lol
    test
  9. Snikka

FACT:

that jetta stock on the bbs rims runs like a 15.8 BONE STOCK

a chip will shave like 1.2 secs off that... so maybe a 14.6 is about right..

so add exhaust and intake, maybe 14.2.....

you'd still have to shave off ANOTHER second and a half almost... damn man.. why must we do this.
    test
  10. Tigre

Sweet, I blow all my money on real estate, I spend the minimal on my cars and it helps when you can do all the installs.. I just spend money buying my cars....hahaha...I used to love running T/A's but that is when I had my 93 Supra TT.. and that wasn't really fair mod against mod.

Wow.. LS1's that are capable of 12s with little to no money.. sounds like an LT1, or maybe a 5.0.. or maybe... well fuck it lets just say all Domestic V8's.

My mods.. no problem..
    used GT2871R 630cc with REVO BBT software, 3" TB exhaust... 1800 dollars.. not bad huh.. yeah..
    no it isn't as easy as this.. cause tuning is the most important thing. But didn't pay for tuning since my buddy owns a shop. Soooo.. yeah for the avg person.. it would probably take 3g's.

And as for my 92 gti.. umm free, all sponsored by my shop.. soo not bad. <--- that list is rather long though, so no doubt about that. Also really doesn't matter cause it was a project car.

Yeah, it did take work, cause I can drive. Cutting mid to low 1.9 60fts on a FWD car w/drag radials are pretty much evident to that fact. But then again, my daily drivers was...... rice... that were able to take out plenty of Mustangs and T/A's on a consistent basis..
    test
  11. Tigre

No a wolfsburg runs that..

An ATP engine 02 and up jetta would be running .3-.5 better times than this.

Than the new jetta runs 13's with a chip.. i mean does it matter not really.

I don't know why must we do this? I said my cars could take out a T/A... never said I was going to make his car take out one. Because we wouldn't even go this route. We would just do 50 trim T3/T4, or GT28R, or shit.. whatever doesn't matter.

I am a VW/Audi/Toyota and BMW nut..

Would it make sense to go domestic for straight line speed.. yeah no doubt. I do what I do cause ppl I like shutting up domestic owners. I do it on a regular occassion. Except now since I just sold my EVO, but I will be doing it again in less than a month.
    test
  12. Snikka

so what did you prove? that this jetta could run 13.9 with 3k invested after stock?

a cam/head only ls1 with some •••• ons will walk tons of imports. that alone without forged internals/rear end/stall will run low 11's.

turbo kits and s/c are available for them also. and i have a ton of videos of the damage those do.

we're not even getting into turbo gto's and vettes.

a stock trans am with some koni adjustable shocks, stock springs, subframe connectors, stb , panhard rod and sway bars will HANDLE.

how good do you want your handling to be??? god damn man.
    test
  13. Snikka

yeah no doubt if you want straight line speed, either spectrum has plenty of options.

but i guarantee that suspension setup on just a "shitty" trans am will handle like a bmw.

i'd always rather hear a big cam loping..... what was that saying? there's no replacement for what? lol
    test
  14. Tigre

We can get into FI gto's and vettes.. I have beat them too.. just with other cars :D

And 13.9? Where the fuck did I say anything about spending 3g's to get you 13.9's?

HANDLE? are you serious. If I ever lost to a Camaro around a track I should be shot. MAtter of fact there were modified Camaro's and Firebirds at SCCA events. That was so sad that I would absolutely destroy them in my then stock EVO..lol

Seriously saying a domestic car besides a C5 Z06, or C6 vette can handle is like saying ppl should be scared of racing Toyota Prius. Besides the vette the best handling american car is a Focus.. and that was designed for european roads..lol

How good do I want it to be.. sorry I am used to driving european cars.. they all handle and stock they handle better than most modified domestics.
    test
  15. Tigre

I will bet money on that. Matter of fact if you live near Willow Springs or know of any trans am drivers willing to take on that challenge please notify me. I will be there in an E46 M3 and we will see if that is true. Or just go to an autotracking event, you will see that is complete horseshit. A fucking T/A handles like a boat.. speed.. no doubt is there.. handling.. shit

There is no replacement for a domestic getting beat by an import.. I think that is how it went.
    test
  16. DontH8me

DontH8me New Member

you both are stupid.

LS1's are overrated oil consuming pieces of shit. VW's are horrible cars. You both have no idea what you are talking about. VW's don't run that fast with those mods. Plus LS1's can't handle on everyday roads so how can they handle at a track.

Snikka and Tiger = Retarded.
    test
  17. Tigre

LMAO.....

Out of all ppl calling someone stupid. First, it is Tigre, not Tiger, cunt muscle. Second, I know plenty about what a VW can do. And third shoot yourself in the stomach then in the head. I want you to atleast feel some pain in this process.
    test
  18. Snikka

oh my god.. you've got to be kidding me... you're telling me that for a street setup / decent corner carver some springs,shocks,control arms,panhard rod isn't enough

if you are trying to participate in SCAA EVENT.. how good do you expect an f-body to do??? christ... that makes up for like 2% of the population who build/buy a car to actually partake in that kind of day to day driving. and i'm honeslty not sure how good one could potentially do in that sort of event even with aforementioned setup.

but fact is that any big motor and displacement in the end will be fastest.. so why even argue.
    test
  19. Snikka

shut up you bias faggot. how can you even begin to talk shit?
    test
  20. Tigre

Nope..as I said, SCCA is for autocrossing events. In the modified section they had such cars but I never ran head to head, just in terms of time. And they were modfiied in tires, shocks, springs and sways. I was stock..

You made the comment, I am just replying. You should just say, stock for stock my LS1 can beat the shit out of most cars in a straight line.. no beating that logic, cause in most cases it is true.

See your day to day driving is different from others day to day driving. Trust me it doesnt take skill to go fast in a straight line. From a drag environment it takes some, in terms of launching. In corners it takes skill to do to cut down on time in the apex of a turn, coming out of the bend and such.. but I am way off topic.

So yes your LS1 is impressive in terms of straight line speed. But you can't down other cars cause you have a V8 and can out run most 4 cyl.

I mean cause if I still had just one of my supra TT's I would love to embarrass your LS1 from a dig, and lets not even get into a roll situation. So to answer you other question.... race your v8 against my I6TT.. and I will change your mind. I guarantee my mods can hold up fine against all your mods. But if you mean against a VW or other 4 cyl car.. FUCK NO.. you are right.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.