20 quotes scientist have given us about divine creation:

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by lyricalpriest, Apr 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

Fred Hoyle (British astrophysicist): "A common sense interpretation of the facts suggests that a superintellect has monkeyed with physics, as well as with chemistry and biology, and that there are no blind forces worth speaking about in nature. The numbers one calculates from the facts seem to me so overwhelming as to put this conclusion almost beyond question." (2)

George Ellis (British astrophysicist): "Amazing fine tuning occurs in the laws that make this [complexity] possible. Realization of the complexity of what is accomplished makes it very difficult not to use the word 'miraculous' without taking a stand as to the ontological status of the word." (3)

Paul Davies (British astrophysicist):
    "There is for me powerful evidence that there is something going on behind it all....It seems as though somebody has fine-tuned nature’s numbers to make the Universe....The impression of design is overwhelming". (4)

Paul Davies: "The laws [of physics] ... seem to be the product of exceedingly ingenious design... The universe must have a purpose". (5)

Alan Sandage (winner of the Crawford prize in astronomy): "I find it quite improbable that such order came out of chaos. There has to be some organizing principle. God to me is a mystery but is the explanation for the miracle of existence, why there is something instead of nothing." (6)

John O'Keefe (astronomer at NASA)
    : "We are, by astronomical standards, a pampered, cosseted, cherished group of creatures.. .. If the Universe had not been made with the most exacting precision we could never have come into existence. It is my view that these circumstances indicate the universe was created for man to live in." (7)

George Greenstein (astronomer): "As we survey all the evidence, the thought insistently arises that some supernatural agency - or, rather, Agency - must be involved. Is it possible that suddenly, without intending to, we have stumbled upon scientific proof of the existence of a Supreme Being? Was it God who stepped in and so providentially crafted the cosmos for our benefit?" (8)

Arthur Eddington (astrophysicist): "The idea of a universal mind or Logos would be, I think, a fairly plausible inference from the present state of scientific theory." (9)

Arno Penzias (Nobel prize in physics):
    "Astronomy leads us to a unique event, a universe which was created out of nothing, one with the very delicate balance needed to provide exactly the conditions required to permit life, and one which has an underlying (one might say 'supernatural') plan." (10)

Roger Penrose (mathematician and author):
    "I would say the universe has a purpose. It's not there just somehow by chance." (11)

Tony Rothman (physicist): "When confronted with the order and beauty of the universe and the strange coincidences of nature, it's very tempting to take the leap of faith from science into religion. I am sure many physicists want to. I only wish they would admit it." (12)

Vera Kistiakowsky (MIT physicist):
    "The exquisite order displayed by our scientific understanding of the physical world calls for the divine." (13)

Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries." (14)

Stephen Hawking (British astrophysicist): "Then we shall… be able to take part in the discussion of the question of why it is that we and the universe exist. If we find the answer to that, it would be the ultimate triumph of human reason - for then we would know the mind of God." (15)

Frank Tipler (Professor of Mathematical Physics):
    "When I began my career as a cosmologist some twenty years ago, I was a convinced atheist. I never in my wildest dreams imagined that one day I would be writing a book purporting to show that the central claims of Judeo-Christian theology are in fact true, that these claims are straightforward deductions of the laws of physics as we now understand them. I have been forced into these conclusions by the inexorable logic of my own special branch of physics." (16) Note: Tipler since has actually converted to Christianity, hence his latest book, The Physics Of Christianity.

Alexander Polyakov (Soviet mathematician):
    "We know that nature is described by the best of all possible mathematics because God created it."(17)

Ed Harrison (cosmologist):
    "Here is the cosmological proof of the existence of God – the design argument of Paley – updated and refurbished. The fine tuning of the universe provides prima facie evidence of deistic design. Take your choice: blind chance that requires multitudes of universes or design that requires only one.... Many scientists, when they admit their views, incline toward the teleological or design argument." (18)

Edward Milne (British cosmologist): "As to the cause of the Universe, in context of expansion, that is left for the reader to insert, but our picture is incomplete without Him [God]." (19)

Barry Parker (cosmologist): "Who created these laws? There is no question but that a God will always be needed." (20)
    test
  2. lyricalpriest

Lyricalpriest (lyrical scientist) - even in composing music one must ask: "are these sound's or (vibrations) native to this land, or are they of a divine nature, b/c if inspired in the right mind, they become something more then just sounds or (vibrations). proving that intelligent design is KEY into creating or composing. MUSIC/LIFE. all together in harmonious order creating reaction's in the universe/mind that have such a relationship it's as if they were manufactured that way on purpose.
    test
  3. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

Appeal to authority. This is a common logical fallacy and doesn't hold any weight. Just because someone is an expert in their field, is not, in and of itself a reason for them being right. They actually have to be right in order to...you know...be right.

All you've managed to prove here is that even brilliant scientific minds aren't perfect.
    test
  4. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Robert jastrow- discoverer of the big bang
    an interview, Jastrow went even further, admitting that“Astronomers now find they have painted themselves into a corner because they have proven, by their own methods, that the world began abruptly in an act of creation to which you can trace the seeds of every star, every planet, every living thing in this cosmos and on the earth. And they have found that all this happened as a product of forces they cannot hope to discover. . . . That there are what I or anyone would call supernatural forces at work is now, I think, a scientifically proven fact.”
    test
  5. TheBigPayback

Dr. Jastrow, despite his agnosticism, told us where the evidence leads. He ended his book this way: “For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.”
    test
  6. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

am i the only one who begs the question WHERE DID GOD COME FROM? maybe scientist cant yet explain where the universe came from, but u cant explain where god came from either....unless he just came out of a burst of energy (such like the big bang theory claims)
    test
  7. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

doesnt mean the creator is christian.

I dont deny a supernatural force. What i argue is that it was a specific religion and cares that you are too.

life is life

good people are good people
    test
  8. lyricalpriest

Nightmare: who taught u rhetoric? How CAN YOU PROVE these scientist are wrong? these are CREDIBLE NATIONALLY ACCLAIMED scientist who spent their LIFE seeking science and found god.. YOU HAVE NEVER put that same ammount of effort into finding an absolution but YOUR FIRMLY in belief that these scientist could possibly be wrong. bc u can't accept the totality of a almighty GOD.. all u proven is how u don't understand science like a life long scientist. these men don't have to be any more perfect then ur ideal scientist to make a credible point.

Jay Bee: No one can point to a certain moment as the beginning of time. And it is a fact that, even though our lives end, time does not. We do not reject the idea of time because there are aspects of it that we do not fully comprehend. Rather, we regulate our lives by it. in the bible it say's before God made us it was just him and the heaven's. there was not a "before god" moment, because god is EVERY moment.

SirBustalot: i respect ur inclination, or uninclination's about the christian god. truth is jesus said he was "tao" the way the truth and the light.. thru him is the only way.. what christianity was supposed to do was bring all men of all cultures together to that one common place.. but agenda and religion perverted the christ's message and made it like a "im right ur wrong debate".. it's not about which religion is right or wrong it's about what prophecies have been full filled and what evidence have been given us pertaining certain things that other religion's ignore or dont answer
    test
  9. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

many other religions claim to have the same answers.

its not like christianity is the only one thats been validated

im not a disbeliever of god, Im a disbeliever that you have to be a certain religion.
    test
  10. lyricalpriest

busta i agree with u on that, i know my christian counterparts would condemn me for that, but i really agree with u, im christian but i totally respect other religion's and i feel that they are deeply rooted together, it makes perfect sense. different region's having different views. asia maybe tao/buddhist influenced BUT europe may be catholic/jew influenced etc..

we shouldn't fight about what is right and what is wrong, but how can we implement these doctrines into our lives.. to understand ourself and our universe
    test
  11. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

i understand wat u sayin about time but...god is every moment? fa real? isn't it fairer to at least say "i dont kno" instead of an off the wall statement like that
    test
  12. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

You are a helpless cause LP.
    test
  13. TheBigPayback

if god is timeless, omnipresent, creator, why would he need to he created.
    test
  14. TheBigPayback

God would uave to be outside of the big bang. A first mover. U learned that in philosophy 101
    test
  15. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

lol I like how I point out a fallacy, and you come in and take that shit and crank it up to 100. The fact of the matter is that whether your IQ is 45 or you are a quantum physicist, stating that you think something about reality is the case (it was created by some kind of god) when the thing cannot be substantiated is NOT SCIENTIFIC. That's the whole POINT of appeal to authority. You can't just call someone an expert and declare that what they say is gospel.
    test
  16. lyricalpriest

if god is beyond time then he is every moment your restricting god into a "person" or being when in actuality NO one knows if god is TIME.. SPACE.. it says in the bible we where made in his image.. so god is everything around us we are all his image.. GOD can be the air we breath, the universe scientist observe. we might be lookin at god this whole time but don't realize bc as long as we are in the mortal state and not spiritual we aren't able to see, sorta like how if im in american i can't see inside china. but i know china is there regardless and people are moving living breathing same air like me .. and i won't say "i don't know" bc my ideas are divinely inspired.

&

lol how you took what i said i upped it 100.. i just said how can a credible scientist not be credible? bc it doesn't apply to ur comfort and beliefs? anyways u don't make a sound of an arguement as i do, and u merely arguing for the world so u should have a GREAT arguement, verse me talking about an imaginery god (that's how u'd put it) and yet i make more logical statements then you have made ur whole life tryna disprove god.. and i'll do it again.

before religion and science was socially practiced. people leaned on the idea of GOD or GODS solely.. and looked at the stars.. science has tried to come give us a psuedo-intellectual observation but with out GOD science proves to change ever so slightly constantly almost like an omnipresent is holding cheese out for us and us as mice are pursuing the cheese, but what we need to do is recognize that god hand holding the cheese and go at it a different angle and get the mother fuckn cheese ya dig dig my nig nig
    test
  17. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

bcuz thats a made up theory that only applies to a made up god(or gods) which makes absolutely no sense at all. whatever happened to the bullshit sum guy on here said everything has to have a beginning??? o i forgot got breaks all laws of reality but not the laws of the universe which he also made.....
    test
  18. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

naw white guy i dont dig. that makes no sense AT ALL (even though u patted ur own back like it did) just bcuz u can more intellectually describe a bunch of spirtual bullshit THAT DONT MAKE IT TRUE. GOD IS NOT EVERYWHERE THAT MAKES NO SENSE. plz stop bringin "before science people did blah blah blah" people where fuckin racists rapists killin idiots in the old days. we are not made in his image people are what they are bcuz of how they grew up.and as far as the credible scientist, i respect what they do, but it is only there personal opinion and every credible scientists have WAYYY different ones
    test
  19. lyricalpriest

God cannot do things incompatible with his nature.
    test
  20. lyricalpriest

that's great u bring up what man did in the past.. it opens an opportunity for me to bring into account the god given "free will" factor..

what class of life also exhibit's free will? do flowers? do animals? maybe to a certain exten but for the most part MANKIND is a direct applier of the idea. they raped and killed and did all that because they didn't have the sound sense that the prophets and jesus gave to us YEARS after their society was founded. is free will also a natural reaction of a chaotic result of natural evolution? and u right people are how they are bc of how they grew up.. but we aren't who we are bc of how we grew up.. im not a white male bc of the people around me, or the teachers or friends that influenced my BEHAVIOR.. i am a white male because my gene's were formulated this way.. by what? who? nature?? yes.. and nature is gods creation as well, and it co-exist's with god's creation. im not white male because you called me one, i am bc i am.. sorta like god is what he is.. ur creator my creator.. ur judge and mine as well.. time and space is something we can't contain nor rationally explain. that alone should prove to us there are levels to our life that are much more deep complex and omnipotent then our mere idea's and struggles.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.