2 years in, what's your thoughts on the lastest 'Next Gen' installment?

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by Look im Gangsta, May 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

^^cheaper to produce now than it was even a year ago.....easy answer...

games are more expensive to produce than even a year ago.......
    test
  2. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

oz.....
    look at whats inside of an xbox 360....and how much your paying..and look at whats inside of a pc of the same price....

at the time of the 360's release it was the only dual core 3 cpu system in existance for the public.....i paid 900 bucks last year for a dual core processor laptop....1 dual core processor....the 360 has 3 dual core cpu's....there STILL isnt a 3 cpu dual core computer on the market.....how can you even begin to say that video game machines are "expensive"....they are cheap as fuck for what you get..the video card in the 360 wasnt matched until the directx10 cards came out about 2 months ago....
    they dont get more expensive...they are relatively cheaper then what you would get in the pc world for the same price......the difference is that its a specialized machine...a console machine is a lot more efficient at running games then a computer because software is streamlined....

you keep asking why is it more expensive...and it isnt...its like a color blind man repeatedly asking why is the sky red.....your not gonna see it cause something is fucking up your perception....

video game machines are relative to the technology available...the rarity of the items in the machine determine the price....the 360 has an expensive video card and cpu system....the ps3 has an expensive cpu and graphic card with the addition of a new storage device....its obvious it will cost more during release but comparing with pc systems its not expensive at all cause most of the stuff in the 360/ps3 is superior in efficiency to a general pc for gaming...your also ignoring the fact that the 360 and ps3 have wireless controllers....the last generations didnt...they also have built in wifi or ethernet...the last generations didnt have that standard....

and your question about making them cheaper from the get go makes NO SENSE....if you make them cheaper fro the get go and then decide on upgrading then you abandon the older systems....everyone who bought an xbox 360 on november 2006 is FUCKED over cause june 07 theres an upgrade with a faster video card....that makes NO SENSE AT ALL..and its the reason SEGA is dead.....you have to make a budget...and put the best shit you can find from the beginning...with time the prices go down and you can adjust accordingly to flux that cost with rising demand.....when that product cant keep up with computers anymore regardless of software streamlining then you have to have a new architecture ready that will handle similarly to the future of the computer industry....

do you not understand that microsoft and sony dont just create machines to be powerful...they create them cause they also have to compete with the pc market...and since pc's are always upgrading they have to create a system that is capable of at least being at the heels of newer technology that wont be out for 3-4 years after they release...its like trying to make a machine for the future when you dont really know whats going to be standard in 3 or 4 years.....its a gamble...thats why microsoft focuses on making game development easy...so something that takes more work can be EASIER on a 360....and it attracts more developers to the system...its the strategy they are using against sony at the moment....

either way....the arguement holds no weight...seriously...your wasting your time

i could say pc gaming is more expensive...the latest nvidia video card costs 900 dollars....thats 2 xbox 360's and then some

if you guys ran any kind of business you would all fail....lol
    test
  3. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

It's my opinion that yes..these new consoles have impressive "guts" with mind blowing stats....BUT......the key thing is "gaming console"...more importantly..."gaming". You can have these hardcore specs but if you don't have any solid games with it...it's like owning a new car with no gas. It looks nice but it's not going anywhere.

Sega's dreamcast was IMPRESSIVE...I loved that thing. But..it failed because it didn't have quality games to support it.
    test
  4. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

wtf, dreamcast easily had the best games of any of the 3 consoles at that time....it failed because nobody bought it and were holding out for the ps2.

the ps2 beat it out with nothing but fucking onimusha and tekken tag....

Dreamcast had so many gems i can't even name em all.....

most underrated system ever at the tiem it was released.....i was so pissed it went bankrupt i wasn't even gonna get a ps2
    test
  5. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

wrong

the dreamcast had superior games over the ps2 while it was on the market....it failed cause sega had no money to market it....and because the ps2 was running on just brand name and the promise of dvd...while the dreamcast was around there was no group of games on the ps2 fucking with it....the dreamcast even had superior graphics in its lifespan.....

to say the dreamcast failed cause it had no quality games is pure speculation with no kind of truth....especially since the dreamcast is considered to be the saddest failure in the game industry because it had so many good titles....

It had what is considered the best fighting game of all time....soul calibur....it had resident evil code veronica which didnt release on any other system till the dreamcast died.....it had crazy taxi...nfl 2k which is considered to be the best football game ever released....it also had the jet set radio franchise and sega gt....let alone sonic adventures and the first console multiplayer games with quake 3 and unreal tournament....and lets not even get into shenmue..saying the dreamcast had no quality games is like saying the ps2 had no good games....in measure...the dreamcast shitted all over the ps2 while it was alive....

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=161538

and once again...your saying the 360 has no good games...the gaming industry disagree's with you.....now you can say that for the wii and the ps3...but you cant say that about the 360
    test
  6. WWIII

WWIII It has begun...

Respect for admitting that. I know people who don't really play Zelda and other rpgs. It's understandable if it's not your thing, but still admitting it is a good game gets you props.

On the topic of Dreamcast, I have to disagree with Wrectify. Dreamcast had some outstanding games. Like Oursin and Liquid said; nfl2k was one of the greatest football games made, nba2k was sick, code veronica (was one of my favorite resident evils, that's saying a lot), phantasy star online, grandia 2 (amazing rpg if you like the genre you should check it out), marvel vs capcom 2 (one of my favorite games of all time), soul reaver, soul caliber (one of the best fighting games ever), crazy taxi, quake 3 and unreal tournament. There's actually plenty more titles that are standout games, shenmue, street fighter alpha 3, but I'll stop. Dreamcast is the most underrated system, in my opinion.
    test
  7. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

Yea, I played the 2k football for Dreamcast. To be honest, I bought the dreamcast just because of that game..it looked amazing.
    test
  8. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

I dunno why Dreamcast failed really. The controller was dope, it had good graphics...I dunno. I remember Resident Evil Code Veronica looked amazing, and Crazy Taxi was fun. Actually, Crazy Taxi was alot of fun...

All in all, good posts. Obviously we are all different as consumers and we are all looking for different things. Overall companies are doing a decent job meeting overall gamers needs at a respectable price. They could be doing alot better, obviously...but it aint nothing to complain about.

This thread makes it look like im worried about the shit, I really dont care. It dont bother me, I was just making relevent posts in the thread to try and keep some discussion going in here. Theres always gonna be games though...

Hell, I can always play Call Of Duty 3, bought it the day it came out and played it for 3 minutes lol. Crackdown is still alot of fun, and they just released downloadable content which is pretty decent. There is a free package and a buyable one. The buyable one has a ton of shit, like 3 new agency cars, and ill weapons. The free one lets you play in cheat mode, and you can basically do whatever you want and spawn things whereever you want...its pretty neat.
    test
  9. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

^^Sony fan's killed it, like they just waited for it to release and aint pay attention to nothing else

plus sega last 4 systems were failures, sega Cd, the two expansions to that, and the saturn.

Sega just didn't run well as a console company, but they made some really good consoles minus the sega cd crap....even the saturn had some good games.

and yeah, if there is nothing you wnana play then it's whatever, i'm content where things are right now. And i gotta lot of shit to look forward to.

I recommend looking out for Mass effect, Bioshock, Assasins creed, Clive Barkers Jericho, and spore
    test
  10. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Im looking forward to Resident Evil 5, the next Crackdown game and prolly GTA 4. Granted I been bored with GTA, I think this one might be monumental the same way GTA 3 was.

If they ever wanna port the new Metal Gear to 360...I will have no complaints there either.
    test
  11. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Yeah, Resident evil gonna be the shit. Haven't heard anything about it launching though, must be getting delayed cause they aint talking about it...

seems like you kinda abrehensive to check out any new franchises.....except crackdown.....
    test
  12. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Not so much that. But like...the 360 has a million FPS. How many new ones can you play??
    test
  13. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

^^Mass effect and assassins creed aren't FPS's....

I don't know, I was never a fan of FPS's myself actually till halo, but Bioshock and Jericho look really good, both like survival horror games just in first person.

I actually enjoy third person shooters/ action games , rpg's, and fighting games the most.

All i got on the 360 right now is gears, oblivion and fight night..lol....probably pick up splinter cell soon then hold out for mass effect. Doubt i'll fuck with halo 3 when it first drops
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.