2 jl audio 12"s, 2 10L5s, 2 rockford 15s?

Discussion in 'Car & Audio' started by racingbitto, May 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. racingbitto

racingbitto boom!... boom!

whats the best deal?
    the most probably amp would be the actually i own, its 500x1rms @4ohms... what do you think would be the LOUDEST CHOICE?
    test
  2. ThE SiCkNeSs

ThE SiCkNeSs fuck you

it really depends on the models of the jl's and rockford's but if they are like the w3's and the he2's then id say the l5's will be louder

if its hx2's and any jl higher than w3 then id go with one of those
    test
  3. racingbitto

thanks man....

i see this forum has become alittle slow.. i don´t know why people doesn´t help a lot, i miss this forum how it was about 10 months later or more.
    test
  4. Trey M

Trey M \.=.

prolly jl's..but it depends on the models
    test
  5. ThE SiCkNeSs

ThE SiCkNeSs fuck you

hell yeah it slowed down, what happened to sandiegan or whatever his name was
    test
  6. racingbitto

yeah i dont know where sandiegan is....

THE JL´S would be maybe the jl12w3v2s.... so the new ones... if the guy give them to me cheap. First price is $185 but i can deal with him... do you think it still is a good price? considering i live in el salvador and its EXPENSIVE here....

Believe expensive here would be like: rockford 360.2 amp, costs about $500. hehehehe lets laugh. but its true.
    test
  7. ThE SiCkNeSs

ThE SiCkNeSs fuck you

jl12w3v2's are nice speakers they probably wouldn't get quite as loud as the l5's if they are done right but they will sound a hell of a lot better.

if i were you i would look into the elemental e12k's they are $139 a piece and compare very well to the 12w3v2's imo better the only thing is shipping is gonna be pretty expensive but Ben from Elemental is a great guy and he may even work with you about shipping so id look into that and explain your situation to him (you'd be surprised with some of the stuff he will do)

www.edesignaudio.com

you can find his email address there also

but if that is completely out of the question then i would get the Jl's
    test
  8. ThE SiCkNeSs

ThE SiCkNeSs fuck you

actually with your amp i would get 1 e12k.14 and then bridge it at 4 ohms so it would get 400 watts and i would port it with the box ed recommends for a vented enclosure and if you want it to be a little louder you can always tune higher

i would probably do the same thing with the jlw3v2

because if your amp is only giving 150 X 2 (which is what i read) it may be louder to get a single sub and port it(this is assuming the 2 subs would be sealed)

hope ive helped you

and i hope your happy with whatever you decide to do
    test
  9. racingbitto

thanks killarney for your help....

I´ll be thinking about that... but my amp can get a 2ohm stero load, its rated at about 200rms x2.. and 4ohms mono it throws about 500x1rms... i think to put it that way, 4 OHMS MONO LOAD so each sub will receive at least 230-250rms of continous power.

But do you think guys a jl 12w3v2s is cheap for $185 or less? i can get it for less maybe....
    test
  10. ThE SiCkNeSs

ThE SiCkNeSs fuck you

that amp is also rated at 13.8 volts so if your battery puts out 14.4 volts like most you should get some more power but personally i still like the idea of a single ported 12 with 400 watts either situation you should be happy though

i cant find any prices for jl12w3v2's but jl has really been cutting down on online sales so youll probably only find retail price which is probably more than the $185 you can get it for so id say its a decent price
    test
  11. racingbitto

yeah killarney... you can check here:jl audio 12w3v2s price

and some other places.... i have seen them for $179-199.99... so for living in central america, and maybe i can get them cheaper is it a good deal? if not i could go with the 10L5s that i have found online for 109.99.... cheaper, so i hjust have to ask my friend in the U.S. if he can send them to me and buy them.
    test
  12. ThE SiCkNeSs

ThE SiCkNeSs fuck you

i dont think i trust that site.......i was talkin to ben from elemental about them because elemental is the only authorized dealer of avionixx amps and they have an 1800.2 and 2400.2 at woofersetc. that ed doesnt have and ben said that those amps are only prototypes and he knows where all of them are and woofersetc does not have any.........but other than that i have no experience with that site so i could be totally wrong
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.