2/10 Throwback Track Of The Day: Organized Konfusion - Fudge Pudge

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Old Soul, Feb 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Soul

Old Soul Nipple Nibbler

As per request -

[​IMG]

Few artists have managed to have such an explosive impact with their debut album as Organized Konfusion. Showering listeners in a hailstorm of rapid rhymes, Prince Poetry and Pharoahe Monch showed that verbal styles could be both fast and deep. Funked-up party themes like "Fudge Pudge" and metaphoric monsters like "Releasing Hypnotical Gasses" were dense in their lyricism. But O.K. still had a sense of humor--shown on songs like "Who Stole My Last Piece of Chicken?"--as well as a meditative side, as on "Walk Into the Sun." The grooves were soulful, yet frantic at times, jumping from the midtempo cheer of "Audience Pleasers," to the hyperactive attack of "Releasing Hynotical Gasses." In fact, the only real flaw in their debut was an abundance of input--too many lyrics to decipher, too many beats to absorb. Maybe that's why they waited three years for the sequel--to give us time to take it all in. --Oliver Wang

Download Organized Konfusion - Fudge Pudge

Ok you fucksticks, please tell me I can expect more than the regular, knowledgable 5 or 6 people to speak on this track. O.K. is criminally overlooked, so it really wouldn't surprise me much if that's all it gets. Are you people just d/ling the track and leaving the thread? If so, fuck off. This track, and album are classic.
    test
  2. jaykay

jaykay New Member

Word on that whole post.

I can't really describe how monumental O.K.'s first 2 albums were..this shit is just hip hop lyricism at it's absolute best..man, i'm listening to their debut now.

"Fudge Pudge" is also the first appearance of one of my favourite rappers O.C., so it gets extra props.
    test
  3. Golden Nugget

Golden Nugget New Member

Horrible song, people listen to this garbage? But it's ok you are just trying to be cool with your thread.

PEACE!
    test
  4. kyza soza

kyza soza This way up.

Dope song, i couldn't actually remember it from the album, i haven't heard it in so long =/

Need to buy this again.

Good song.
    test
  5. AlmostFamous

AlmostFamous U got a problem?

good thread and man I remember bumping these cats in my deck... throwback 101
    test
  6. Old Soul

Old Soul Nipple Nibbler

Sorry you feel that way. You had to experience when it came out.

But yeah, I'm trying to be diplomatic about this here thread, so if you have a song you wanna see thrownback, hit up my rep with a request. Pz.
    test
  7. kyza soza

kyza soza This way up.

^you get my rep yesterday?
    test
  8. MagicDonJuan

MagicDonJuan Active Member

I repped you about a track.

But good looks, I never really listened to O.K. but im a big fan of Pharoe Monch.
    test
  9. Old Soul

Old Soul Nipple Nibbler

Yeah, but I'ma give others' a chance before I do another one of yours. I'll get to it, though.
    test
  10. Old Soul

Old Soul Nipple Nibbler

I wish you'd pick something a little older. Pre-96 at least.
    test
  11. kyza soza

kyza soza This way up.

:thumb:
    test
  12. MagicDonJuan

MagicDonJuan Active Member

i completley forgot what it is. ill get another track however.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.