1987 Lauryn Hill - Who's Lovin' You.

Discussion in 'The R&B Haven' started by GaLaTeA, Feb 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

It's not worth it..

Let's just leave it at this. You're all good people with good intentions, but we (4:1) don't see eye to eye. Disagreements happen, and I'm glad no one has decided to blow up at this point.

I think the thread has run its coarse and we all have a pretty good understanding of where everyone stands on the issue.
    test
  2. Joro

Joro New Member

"it's not right to boo a 13 year old" ...over and over

The Apollo Theater is world renowned. Why is a tiny theater in Harlem so venerated? For its highly opinionated crowds and how they interact with the performer. Every entertainer wants to go there and show their chops. The honesty of the place. An ovation at the Apollo actually means something.

Should they/Will they change because 4 ignorant people are soft-hearted and think it's harsh? Of course not. Soulless cowards, those 4 people are probably not passionate artists in need of honesty, anyway.

Just a few weeks ago Barrack Obama was at The Apollo. No word on when he'll visit Slovenia *smirk*

In short, nobody's going to lay down their distinctiveness because 4 nobodies don't like it.

Case closed
    test
  3. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

4 nobodies?

1st of May.
    test
  4. L u c y

L u c y (Administrator) SWERVE

^^ this .. I'm in the UK and even I know its a special special place to perform - almost 'hallowed' ground for an artist.

are they are tough crowd? most def.

look what she went on to do........
    test
  5. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

I think no one is denying the fact that it's "the place" to perform at.

It's the fact that people can't keep an open mind and give a person a chance that bugged me about it.
    test
  6. SplitInfinity00

SplitInfinity00 New Member

Pats on the back for good effort doesn't birth stars.

When the booing gets to a certain level at the Apollo the performer is unceremoniously yanked off the stage.
    I'm certain, that facing the displeasure of the crowd and conquering it, the experience transformed or made her discover/dig something inside of her.

She was strong and tough and talented enough to fight through the boos with the threat of getting pulled and the world found out.

I understand the protection instinct, but vilifying the audience for booing??
    You're making it seem like they are doing some unspeakable act of horror.

Chances for boos goes with the territory of being a performer.

There is a thin line between keeping your children safe from harm, and coddling them too much so that they enter the world with undeveloped arms.
    test
  7. Joro

Joro New Member

Well said
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.