15 reasons why wcw failed according to WWE magazine

Discussion in 'Smack Down!' started by Nam Dekan, Jan 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

lesnar is with ufc now i think.. i doudbt he needs wwe.
    test
  2. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

he will be back eventually. maybe not in the near future but eventually.
    test
  3. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

his name is getting pretty big.. so maybe not.

right now, im even having a hard time seeing rock ever come back
    test
  4. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

Lesnar? I never hear his name

Rock I highly doubt unless of course his movie career flames out
    test
  5. Maca.

Maca. Cachorro Louco

I didn't mind crazy flair, but they kept doing the same thing over and over.

DDP's promos should've been listed. It was the sole reason why his face run quickly went to shit.
    test
  6. Maca.

Maca. Cachorro Louco

Oh, and letting Sting talk again.
    test
  7. WorstAliasEver

WorstAliasEver Little Lord Fauntleroyce

15. Tony Schiavone--He was a capable and competent announcer who lost his passion for the business. If anything, WCW failed him.

14. nWo 2000--Any incarnation of the nWo beyond the original was horrible.

13. Anti-American Jim Duggan--This was bad, but really, who was watching at this point to complain?

12. Chavo Guerrero & Pepe--Kerwin White.

11. Vince Russo in the Pope Mobile--Russo is Russo.

10. Matches in the Mall of America--Vince was mad he didn't do it first.

09. Finger Poke of Doom (Kevin Nash drops to the mat to lose his title after Hulk Hogan pokes him on 1/4/99 Nitro)--Eh.

08. The Magnificent Seven (2001 faction consisting of Ric Flair, Scott Steiner, Rick Steiner, Jeff Jarrett, Lex Luger, Buff Bagwell and Road Warrior Animal)--Don't even remember this. The last year or two of WCW was one big, horrible blur to me.

07. "Crazy" Ric Flair--There were some funny moments from this, but it served no point.

06. New Blood vs. The Millionaires--Good idea at first, horrible execution (*cough*invasion angle*cough*)

05. Steve "Mongo" McMichael--No way. No fucking way, my friend. I will not stand here and let Mongo be slandered. I've been watching a lot of 96/97 WCW lately, and Mongo was always entertaining. And he was truly trying his best.

04. Disco Inferno (pictured)--Honky Tonk Man Jr.

03. One Warrior Nation (short-lived 1998 faction consisting of Ultimate Warrior and The Disciple a.k.a. Brutus Beefcake)--The whole Warrior in WCW thing was botched so badly from the start.

02. Misfits in Action (2000 faction consisting of Hugh Morrus, Lash LeRoux, The Wall, Chavo Guerrero, Booker T, Tylene "Major Gunns" Buck and Vam Hammer)--No. This was good. Not as good as Storm's Canadian group, but good. C'mon... Hugh G. Rection? That's good stuff!

01. David Arquette--I had (and still have) a bigger problem with Vince McMahon winning the world title than I'll ever have with Arquette. Besides, Arquette seemed to really enjoy what he was doing (unlike most celebs) and donated his checks to families of wrestlers who either had recently been killed or seriously injured. Considering he had far less to do with Owen Hart's death than Vince McMahon, I think that's pretty noble.

I love WWE revisionist history. It's easy to rewrite history when yours is the only book left.
    test
  8. Maca.

Maca. Cachorro Louco

Oh, I forgot to add some of his stuff to my promo thread.

I thought having team canada annex the US title was one of the more creative things late WCW did.
    test
  9. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

As a casual fan, I'd like to say that I thought the finger poke of doom was the shit. All of this "ooh, we're going to break up the NWO by creating internal turmoil. They can't do what they want" but in the end, they did.

Oh yeah, LMAO at bringing up the limo explosion. I forgot about that. WWE is turning into too much of a circus. Where's Doink?
    test
  10. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

finger poke was too sweet

hogan pushing around that stroke
    test
  11. abztrakt

abztrakt the impossible cool.

I think if anyone else would have done the fingerpoke of doom it might have sucked, but it was Nash and Hogan, so it ruled.
    test
  12. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

NWO was so stylish. The way they would enter. Hogan with the boa coming out to Hendrix playing the air guitar. Who comes out to a musician people actually care about aside from Hogan? All I ever really hear close to that are knock offs of popular songs. The way they would do that little thing where they point at each other. The whole "NWO is just too... SWEEEET" catch phrase.

No group was ever close to being that charismatic.
    test
  13. Maca.

Maca. Cachorro Louco

Didn't Shawn do something similar to give HHH the european title?

ionno, Maybe I have that backwards.
    test
  14. Maca.

Maca. Cachorro Louco

indeed. It's one of the coolest songs of all time anyway, but the nwo overdubs made it even better.

I don't know how many people are aware of this, but the nwo theme song is just a collage of different Hendrix parts.
    test
  15. abztrakt

abztrakt the impossible cool.

Yeah, I think they did something like that. Maybe it's a Clique thing.
    test
  16. Mac Dekan

Mac Dekan High Chief

nah.

Vince made Shawn job because Shawn stole the color of his pants.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.