Discussion in 'Smack Down!' started by Nam Dekan, Jan 7, 2008.
lesnar is with ufc now i think.. i doudbt he needs wwe.
he will be back eventually. maybe not in the near future but eventually.
his name is getting pretty big.. so maybe not.
right now, im even having a hard time seeing rock ever come back
Lesnar? I never hear his name
Rock I highly doubt unless of course his movie career flames out
I didn't mind crazy flair, but they kept doing the same thing over and over.
DDP's promos should've been listed. It was the sole reason why his face run quickly went to shit.
Oh, and letting Sting talk again.
15. Tony Schiavone--He was a capable and competent announcer who lost his passion for the business. If anything, WCW failed him.
14. nWo 2000--Any incarnation of the nWo beyond the original was horrible.
13. Anti-American Jim Duggan--This was bad, but really, who was watching at this point to complain?
12. Chavo Guerrero & Pepe--Kerwin White.
11. Vince Russo in the Pope Mobile--Russo is Russo.
10. Matches in the Mall of America--Vince was mad he didn't do it first.
09. Finger Poke of Doom (Kevin Nash drops to the mat to lose his title after Hulk Hogan pokes him on 1/4/99 Nitro)--Eh.
08. The Magnificent Seven (2001 faction consisting of Ric Flair, Scott Steiner, Rick Steiner, Jeff Jarrett, Lex Luger, Buff Bagwell and Road Warrior Animal)--Don't even remember this. The last year or two of WCW was one big, horrible blur to me.
07. "Crazy" Ric Flair--There were some funny moments from this, but it served no point.
06. New Blood vs. The Millionaires--Good idea at first, horrible execution (*cough*invasion angle*cough*)
05. Steve "Mongo" McMichael--No way. No fucking way, my friend. I will not stand here and let Mongo be slandered. I've been watching a lot of 96/97 WCW lately, and Mongo was always entertaining. And he was truly trying his best.
04. Disco Inferno (pictured)--Honky Tonk Man Jr.
03. One Warrior Nation (short-lived 1998 faction consisting of Ultimate Warrior and The Disciple a.k.a. Brutus Beefcake)--The whole Warrior in WCW thing was botched so badly from the start.
02. Misfits in Action (2000 faction consisting of Hugh Morrus, Lash LeRoux, The Wall, Chavo Guerrero, Booker T, Tylene "Major Gunns" Buck and Vam Hammer)--No. This was good. Not as good as Storm's Canadian group, but good. C'mon... Hugh G. Rection? That's good stuff!
01. David Arquette--I had (and still have) a bigger problem with Vince McMahon winning the world title than I'll ever have with Arquette. Besides, Arquette seemed to really enjoy what he was doing (unlike most celebs) and donated his checks to families of wrestlers who either had recently been killed or seriously injured. Considering he had far less to do with Owen Hart's death than Vince McMahon, I think that's pretty noble.
I love WWE revisionist history. It's easy to rewrite history when yours is the only book left.
Oh, I forgot to add some of his stuff to my promo thread.
I thought having team canada annex the US title was one of the more creative things late WCW did.
As a casual fan, I'd like to say that I thought the finger poke of doom was the shit. All of this "ooh, we're going to break up the NWO by creating internal turmoil. They can't do what they want" but in the end, they did.
Oh yeah, LMAO at bringing up the limo explosion. I forgot about that. WWE is turning into too much of a circus. Where's Doink?
finger poke was too sweet
hogan pushing around that stroke
I think if anyone else would have done the fingerpoke of doom it might have sucked, but it was Nash and Hogan, so it ruled.
NWO was so stylish. The way they would enter. Hogan with the boa coming out to Hendrix playing the air guitar. Who comes out to a musician people actually care about aside from Hogan? All I ever really hear close to that are knock offs of popular songs. The way they would do that little thing where they point at each other. The whole "NWO is just too... SWEEEET" catch phrase.
No group was ever close to being that charismatic.
Didn't Shawn do something similar to give HHH the european title?
ionno, Maybe I have that backwards.
indeed. It's one of the coolest songs of all time anyway, but the nwo overdubs made it even better.
I don't know how many people are aware of this, but the nwo theme song is just a collage of different Hendrix parts.
Yeah, I think they did something like that. Maybe it's a Clique thing.
Vince made Shawn job because Shawn stole the color of his pants.
Separate names with a comma.