14 Questions that science cannot answer

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by Coup d'état, Jan 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

coup ur not gonna get to busta. this is like the 3rd thread you've tried. give up
    test
  2. Coup d'état

Coup d'état Don't believe the hype

I'll get to him. Need time though.

Indoctrination has many by the soul. It takes time to peel it back to expose it. The world view being pushed today is insanity.
    test
  3. reggie jax

reggie jax Well-Known Member

there are some good tough questions in here.

there are a few questions which are genuinely not scientific questions and thus not subject to any (known) form of scientific analysis. these will be referred to as category 1.

there are a few that might someday be addressed by science but as of yet we're not advanced enough (as a species) to tackle. these will be referred to as category 2.

there are others that science already has plausible answers for. these will be addressed briefly.

Why am I here ?
    category 1. the existential why is an age old philosophical question.

What happens when you die ?
    category 1. assuming you mean a spiritual afterlife. outside the realm of (modern) science, because it deals with metaphysical concepts like spirits and heaven. i.e. magic

What is the purpose of my life ?
    category 1. assuming you mean a higher purpose, which is another introspective philosophical question.

What determines “Good” and “Evil” ?
    humans do. or more precisely the pressures that made morality beneficial to humans.
    TLC Family "Innate Moral Systems"

Where did love come from ?
    complex question, but assuming you mean human love and more specifically romantic human love, there is a pretty plausible answer: prolonged child rearing. pair-bond romance became an essential part of the human family as children took longer and longer to raise (a longer childhood was necessary for brain development). 2 parents were better suited to share such a burden than the mother alone. other forms of familial love have obvious roles in human development.

Why does mankind abuse and kill its own ?
    tribalism, competition, sociopathy, etc. take your pick.

Where did the first molecule of matter come from ?
    category 2. the question is worded awkwardly, but the origins of matter are not intrinsically outside the realm of science. we're just not there yet. we might never get there if the necessary physical evidence has been erased. science can only work on the clues that are left behind.

Does a physical world exist beyond my mind ?
    category 1. let it be noted that it was this very question which drove philosophy down a path of extreme relativism. scientists just assume for the sake of convenience that reality is not an illusion and observe it as such. at the worst they are constructing a disciplined analysis of that illusion which we all seem to share.

Why are there male and female ?
    Why does it take both sexes to create a new life ?

for one, the most immediate benefit of sexual reproduction is that it produces genetic variety with each new generation and thus is more adaptive. there's more to the issue than that, and there are benefits to asexuality too, but both exist in nature in competition with one another and sexuality is the dominant form of reproduction in higher organisms for a variety of reasons.

What is life ?
    good question. i'll actually hand it to you that this is a rather tricky definition to pinpoint. our definition of life is based entirely on observations of life on earth, and even within earth's phenomena there are some grey areas (viruses, for example). generally, a basic definition defines life on earth by its 4 most basic attributes: reproduction, metabolism, catalysis and heritability.

Where did laws come from ?
    assuming you mean natural laws? if so this would be a category 2 question. the evidence available to us might never give an exact answer as to what determines the values of the various universal constants. if you mean human laws then the answer is actually quite obvious.

How did Time, Space and Matter come into existence ?
    category 2. this is basically what physicists and cosmologists are trying to work towards with the big bang theory, but once again there is a serious gap towards the beginning of the theory that might never be worked out completely.

How did something come from nothing ?
    category 2. and there's no guarantee that something did come from nothing. it's just impossible to trace time back past a certain point.

these answers are based on the current model of science, and make the assumption that science in the future doesn't address things in a completely different manner than it currently does. which is probably a flawed assumption, but to answer on any other basis would be pure speculation.
    test
  4. Coup d'état

thanks Reggie for your serious approach and for your answers. I know the answer to them all.
    test
  5. reggie jax

i'd also note that philosophy has collectively failed to come to any consensus on any of the questions above which science is unable to address. so these are basically questions that right now nobody can answer with any more credibility than anyone else.
    test
  6. Coup d'état

What is your definition of science ?
    test
  7. reggie jax

the modern version is based entirely on the scientific method, but science in a wider sense has existed for much longer than that. science in its most basic sense is just gathering clues and trying to work out solutions. science today is essentially a series of models which people construct of the various aspects of reality, based on systematic analysis of evidence. the models make claims which are structured and subject to testing, and the credibility (or lack of) they establish is based on the evidence that weighs for or against the claims and predictions they make.
    test
  8. Coup d Mobile

Coup d Mobile Up is down, down is up

the modern version is based entirely on the scientific method, but science in a wider sense has existed for much longer than that.

I noticed you said the "modern version". What were the old versions ? What wider sense ? What fashion does this sense exist in ?

science in its most basic sense is just gathering clues and trying to work out solutions.

Science then acquires knowledge on what is demonstrable, testable and observable, yes ?

science today is essentially a series of models which people construct of the various aspects of reality, based on systematic analysis of evidence.

Reality has various aspects ? What are they ? If we cannot reach various aspects of it how do we systematically analyze the evidence purported ? How do we gather evidence with limitations such as not being present "billions of years ago" ? So science today is no longer the scientific method ?

the models make claims which are structured and subject to testing, and the credibility (or lack of) they establish is based on the evidence that weighs for or against the claims and predictions they make.

Models are essentially ideas of a particular theory or phenomena that are alleged to be true and drawn or put together in a simulation, a thesis or even a diagram. So this opens the door for theories to be held up in a false scientific light whenever no evidence is available in reality.

How does a mandatory outcome, expectation, conclusion or bias fit into science ? How is it science when a only one interpretation can be given on all of the natural world (none of which hold up the theory anyhow) ?

I see how evolution is now apart of science, because the term has been redefined to include the faith of the humanists and other deeply rooted pagan beliefs. That something without evidence can be true if you interpret it to be true and if you believe in it, it is true. Despite what the evidence indicates about the natural world.

Evolution is not repeatable, testable or observable. No past evidence is gathered to support the theory either. It does not qualify as science. It has entered the realm of religion. You are not supposed to believe in science. Science is knowledge. Evolution can only be believed.

The British physicist, H.S. Lipson, has reached the following
    conclusion:

There is not one shred of scientific evidence for it. It is a scientific religion, it is a satisfactory faith of myths biased on mans humanist world view. It is anti knowledge. This you should know.
    test
  9. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

I want to answer some of these for the sake of spreading the goodness of what i believe. Although i still believe some of these arent supposed to be answered by science or religion. And i know according to coup dogg ill be wrong. But i dont worry about such things.

Why am I here ? -To learn. I dont believe we only get 1 chance at life, and through all our past lives and future lives we are hear to learn. Learn what exactly? what do you want to know? thats what you are here for. To learn whatever you want to know. The questions you have will be infinite

What happens when you die ? -I dont know for sure, but i doubt you only get 1 chance at life. The purpose of life is not to die. Its to live and learn. So i think youll keep coming back for the purpose of learning.

What is the purpose of my life ? - Its different for everyone as everyone has different lessons to learn and questions to ask.

What determines “Good” and “Evil” ? -The heart. However you want to interpret that. But deep down we all want to be loved, we all want to laugh, and we all want to be happy. Nobody wants to be bullied, to be hated, to be ridiculed, to cry, and to be sad.

Where did love come from ? -Life. Life is love, Love is life.

Why does mankind abuse and kill its own ? -Fear. Fear is caused by ignorance. It could be ignorance to the true answers of all the above questions.

Does a physical world exist beyond my mind ? - Flesh and bone is our vehicle, we are not humans having spiritual experience. We are spirits having a human experience.

Why does it take both sexes to create a new life ? - It doesnt necessarily, there are organisms that can procreate without opposite sexes. Look up Asexual reproduction
    test
  10. reggie jax

as in, before there was any structured scientific method or infrastructure, there were what we would today consider basic 'scientific' developments. man's knack for basic problem solving. this is what established science eventually gave structure to.

yes

reality does have various aspects, when you are trying to break the world down systematically. why do you suppose we have different science for physics, chemistry, biology, etc? why not just one science for them all?

models are what define mathematics and science. everything from newtonian physics to basic algebra is represented in models.

give me a specific example of what you mean.

how many times am i supposed to try and give you evidence of evolution when each time you just say "nope, not evidence. not science. up is down." respond to the thread i created just for you on evolution. give me actual challenges to work with. till then i have nothing else to really say on the matter.
    test
  11. Coup d Mobile

@ Busta friend. I beseech you to read. I have prepared you some select readings biased on our talks here in the sanctuary. Tailored just for YOU.

By Doug Groothuis. Author of Unmasking the New Age

You believe All is one and that reality is a seamless garment (monism). The New Age view of the divinity of humanity must neglect the reality of human evil. The biblical view of our finitude and our fallenness as sinners better explains the human condition than the New Age idea that we are all really God.

The concept of an impersonal God is unsatisfying because it allows no ultimate personal relationship. Tuning in to "the Force" pales in comparison with loving and being loved by our Heavenly Father. Jesus Christ should be exalted as the supreme revelation of God's love.

Furthermore, the idea that the Ultimate Principle of the universe as impersonal is logically troublesome. It makes better sense to say that a personal God created personal beings in His image (Gen. 1:26).

The New Age offers no spiritual discernment. It opens a Pandora's box of paranormal poisons with no reliable antidote in sight, and ignores the fact that Satan himself masquerades as "an angel of light" (2 Cor. 10:14-15). The many writings of Kurt Koch make plain the spiritual dangers of occultism.

What's more, the "altered states of consciousness" desired and/or experienced by New Agers are often considered to be "beyond reason." The danger of this irrationalism should be highlighted (compare Rom 12:2).

The New Age's ethical relativism ("we create our own reality/morality") is illogical. A consistent ethical relativist is hard to find because our natural and logical tendency is to make absolute moral statements. The New Ager contradicts himself when he states absolutely that "there are no absolutes"! The New Agers who says that morality is relative because we all "create our own reality" will most likely not be content with such relativism if someone steals her car under the pretension that stealing "was part of his own reality." Christianity provides the moral absolutes the New Age lacks.

New Agers frequently warp history because of their desire to justify their beliefs on the basis of authorities of the past. This is especially the case when they try to argue that New Age pantheistic religion is compatible with faith in Christ by claiming to have discovered an "esoteric Christianity" -- supposed inner teachings of Jesus later rejected and suppressed by the church. New Agers should be encouraged to face facts and be honest in their
    examination of history. Christians should be prepared to demonstrate the truth of Christianity through the use of historical apologetics.

The New Age doctrine of reincarnation is not only unbiblical (Heb. 9:27) but logically untenable and ethically unsatisfying:

So-called evidence of reincarnation derived from hypnosis ("past-life regression") can be better explained as psychological aberrations or even demonic involvement.

It is difficult to view the law of karma as just, or reincarnation as a "learning experience" (as New Agers view it), if rewards and punishments are given without the conscious knowledge of those being rewarded or punished. If a fifteen year old girl dies an agonizing death from leukemia because she was Josef Stalin in a previous life, but never comes to know that fact, how can that be considered just ? What can her leukemia teach her about her past
    life behavior, if she can't remember her past life?

If all is one, and individuality is ultimately illusory how can individual souls be reincarnated from one body to another ? The "oneness" teaching contradicts the concept of the individual; yet individual souls are required for a coherent
    doctrine of karma and personal responsibility. Some one has to reincarnate.

The biblical teaching of the historicity of Christ's crucifixion and resurrection is well established factually, unlike speculations concerning supposed past lives. We have better evidence for Christ's resurrection than for reincarnation.

The New Age movement challenges us to reach out to those intoxicated by spiritual deception. We must seek the Holy Spirit concerning how He would have us witness of His saving truth to those in darkness.
    test
  12. Coup d Mobile

@ Reggie expect a reply to the evolution thread by the first week of March. Until that time we can build up to that exchange.
    test
  13. reggie jax

is it really gonna take you a month of sorting through answersingenesis articles to disprove what you claim is a fundamentally flawed and unsupported theory?
    test
  14. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

you know more about your religion than i do of my beliefs, so i cannot at this exact moment say much about what he says in the article

but
    why is it called 'new age' when these beliefs come from thousands of years ago?

is it new age because traditionally a white guy from the west isnt supposed to turn to these teachings?
    test
  15. Coup d Mobile

I don't turn to that website for my materials. Not to say it's bad though. I have been doing my evolution homework for years now. I have stacks and stacks of notes to look through and many hours ahead in typing it out in replies. 100s of hours of note taking and things like that.

So just give me some time. Until then we can really set the ground work for your deprogramming.
    test
  16. Coup d Mobile

I thinks it's called the New Age religion because the majority of people are now believing in its tenants. That also the Truth is now being left behind in the wake of the "new spiritual awaking", which is in complete error. Plus it is all prophesied and coming full circle and the pagans recognize it, the new age.
    test
  17. reggie jax

lol, as you wish. just don't expect me to reply to the same argument again and again. until you specifically challenge the evidence i post i will not answer the challenge that evolution 'has no evidence to back it up.' specific criticisms only.
    test
  18. Coup d Mobile

And Reggie, I do know where you and every other humanist/atheist get their education. Public schools, TV, news papers, magazines, radio, entertainment...In short, you believe evolution because paganism is the fabric of the world. It's the world view. It's Satan's master deception. And you have been indoctrinated into it. No question about it. Truth is kept out, you are instilled with poison.

But you call it science, free thought, liberation. There are many names for it. Satan is the father of all lies and the master of deception.
    test
  19. Coup d Mobile

I'm going for the jugular. I'm going directly to what you posted and nothing else. I am coming hard, I am coming swift and cunning. I am bringing the Sword of Truth.

I honestly need time though to sift through a bunch of stuff. I'm unorganized and messy right now. lol
    test
  20. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

god is bigger then the universe my bad coup
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.