12 Dead, 59 Wounded at Batman Movie Premiere in Colorado

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by ghostofmooks, Jul 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THE CRUNK GHOST

THE CRUNK GHOST 3PEATERS

maybe he was too big of a pussy to shoot it out with the cops?

you're actively trying to convince yourself this is some kind of conspiracy, which people do these days with literally every major news story
    test
  2. BoDiddley

BoDiddley New Member

your from america right? what would convince people to have tighter gun controls? shit like this its planned. idk maybe you like to close your eyes to this shit but some dude from the military told me martial would come to the usa but they gonna take most our weapons away legally first.
    test
  3. Straight Upp!

Straight Upp! SHOWTIMMME

this thread is crazy
    test
  4. RealCrackaTime

RealCrackaTime Active Member

There's just a lot of unclear answers that people want logical answers not some BS they need to put out to cover up what is really happening because people are catching on to stuff.

You seem to be in denial that your country could do this. Let me guess you think 9/11 was terrorist too?

You are one of many million brainwashed sheeple if your denying your government doesn't stage shit.

badhurrday <Sidenote dye avo's hair red in this pic and he kinda looks like James Holmes lml

[​IMG][/QUOTE]
    test
  5. THE CRUNK GHOST

THE CRUNK GHOST 3PEATERS

not my country
    test
  6. BoDiddley

BoDiddley New Member

[/QUOTE]
    lol. arab does it hes a terrorits. black person does it hes a gangbanger. white boy does it he lost it mentally and all sort of excuses
    test
  7. RealCrackaTime

RealCrackaTime Active Member

Figured since you showed signs of intellegence.

Where the American people at then to debate this shit?
    test
  8. MindTaker

MindTaker GFY

You're not getting it. If politicians didn't take the money and allow themselves to be influenced (Which has a lot to do with our broken two party system imo.) then laws that favour already established businesses and trample on the little guy wouldn't be a problem. If lawmakers understood that it isn't their place to put in those kinds of regulations large businesses couldn't take advantage.

50% of the country not paying any appreciable amount in taxes is a little more than a helping hand don't you think?

People kill people with cars as well. 40k a year. Let's ban cars because some people are irresponsible with a 2 plus ton machine.

You grab one little piece of something of something I said and you latch on to it and then you argue and belittle that bit but completely ignore everything else that was surrounding it. smh THE SHOOTINGS ARE NOT THAT FUCKING PREVALENT YOU NON READING COMPREHENSION HAVING ASS MOTHER FUCKER. Did you not see that last post where I showed the number of guns sold in the U.S. in relation to the number of gun related deaths? It's .09%! You can keep pretending that every single gun sold in the U.S. is used for murdering people or you can look at the facts and recognise that the vast majority of gun owners are responsible, normal people.

No. You sound like someone desperately trying to get all pit bulls banned because one irresponsible owner caused theirs to take a chunk out of a toddler.

Except that they aren't JUST used for killing human beings and a large majority of them DON'T. I don't understand how you can't grasp the simple fact that ONLY 0.09% OF GUNS SOLD IN THE U.S. ARE USED FOR MURDERS.

Your entire existence is satire on the human experience.

You're so full of shit. Not arguing in favour of silly gun control laws that essentially mean nothing does not equal marginalising the loss of human life you twat.

I was referring to the fact that you stole guns for illegal activities and now are arguing in favour of strict gun control laws when you obviously know that it's stolen and illegally purchased guns used in those kinds of crimes. You want normal people to have a hard time getting guns to protect themselves knowing that they make up the minority of gun crimes. Which is still only 0.09% of all legal gun purchases in the U.S.

Or maybe you're so naive that you actually think that the black market for guns is going to follow the same rules that the actual market does. BRB, I'm going to head down to the South side real quick and see if I have to follow any of the purchasing laws currently active here in Indiana getting a gun from somebody down there.
    test
  9. Ravenous510

Ravenous510 Well-Known Member

test
  10. MindTaker

MindTaker GFY

Learn to fucking reading comprehension. It's not that hard. The guy planned to go into the theater on that night and kill a bunch of people at the Batman Premiere. If there had been a waiting period on gun purchases he would have went to the gun stores 11 days sooner if necessary so that he could have the guns on that day. It's not a difficult fucking concept. If you're actually this inept I feel sorry for you.

Not every large corporation is evil. I know you've been brainwashed by your left wing liberal professors to believe that anyone who has or makes more many than you is an evil mastermind out to enslave you but really, they're not ALL bad.

Jesus Christ. Corporate influence is a symptom of the problem. Not the actual illness. "Prey on the human condition." Yeah, because it would be impossible for the politicians to say "Fuck off." and go about their business. No. Nobody is responsible for that actions unless they're part of the corporate conspiracy.

So if England had an extremely low gun crime rate before they enacted their laws it doesn't matter. If California had a high gun crime rate before their laws it does. Why? Because it fits your argument?

Nobody said it wasn't. My point was that the laws there have done little or nothing to quell the violence while states with less strict gun laws have much lower gun crime. Every state has a lot of gun violence in its past. California isn't special in that respect.

Yep. A decade ago. I at least had the courtesy to try and look for stuff within the last five years. C'mon bro. And nobody's reporting crimes in places where the authorities don't give a shit.

Right, a country that has 251,711,000 fewer people has a much lower crime rate. SURPRISE! Seriously. We're talking about almost the entire population of Indonesia in difference here. Stop trying to pretend that that fact has no bearing.

99.01% of gun owners would disagree with you.
    test
  11. Ravenous510

Oh man. Look....the issue is big money in politics which is co-opting lawmakers. Politicians are just human beings who are subject to greed just like everyone else, and to make matters worse, public elections are won and lost by media campaigns which require millions of dollars, so without enormous campaign contributions, politician "A" will never be elected.

The problems the country is experiencing with inequality and money in politics are intrinsic to a capitalist economy. Capitalism inherently creates huge juggernauts of wealth generation, (corporations), and those huge juggernauts proceed to take over the system and redefine it to solely benefit them.

You can't argue this fact with me because you can currently observe this taking place before your very eyes in this country.

Wtf are you talking about?

Ooohh....you must be one of those morons who think that because the "richest 1% of the country pay 40% of the overall income tax in America, that they already pay their fair share, and are therefore already overtaxed as it is", right?

Let me explain something to you, guy.

The elite controlled media use the "overall income tax" numbers as a fucking cover. The overall income tax numbers are essentially meaningless. The numbers you should be looking at in order to get an accurate picture of tax inequality in America are those that show how much people pay in taxes as a percentage of their personal total income...and trust me...the Bush era tax cuts have made damn sure that the tax burden is not equitably distributed among American citizens, with the middle class fronting the majority of the load.

This^ comparison is utterly stupid. The entire infrastructure of the country is built around highways and roads. Yes, cars are dangerous, but they are a necessity for most people in this country, (especially in the more sprawling states), to get through day to day life.

You don't need an AR-15 to pick your kids up from school or get groceries from the supermarket.

Oh really? The most common method of homicide in the U.S. is homicide by handgun.

File:Ushomicidesbyweapon.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Where do you think those guns are coming from? Do you think those guns are materializing out of thin air? They're making their way from gun stores into the hands of criminals, or in many cases, the legal owners are committing homicides with them.

You can argue all you want, but by doing so you will always be arguing that the people killed in gun homicides only represent a "marginal loss of life", and that those deaths are "acceptable" when weighed against the many "practical uses" of guns such as "varmint control on the farm".

This^ is your argument, no matter how hard you try to mask it.

Guns were invented for use in WAR, i.e. military purposes, i.e. KILLING PEOPLE. They weren't used for sport, etc, until after they had proven their usefulness in war.

In your mind it doesn't...but it in reality....IT DOES.

MMMkkaayyy......yes I am arguing in favor of stricter gun controls, (in many states, not all states....I think there are many states that already do a fair job of policing the sales of firearms), and you are completely ignoring the fact that most guns used in criminal shootings are guns that have been either stolen from someone who bought them legally, or bought legally expressly for the criminal to use.

The guns used in crimes are originating from your "licensed responsible gun owners", and idgaf how "small a percentage" of the total guns in America are being used for crimes, it's one small percentage too much, imo, and although, like I said, I certainly don't support overturning the 2nd ammendment, I definitely think there is more that could be done in many states to prevent such a wide proliferation of firearms.

EDIT: Btw....the coasts of the country have historically had much higher crime rates than the interior of the country because they represent the metroplitan centers of the nation, as well as the most concentrated centers of population.

I wonder what would happen if gun restrictions were lifted in California and New York?....Would gun crime numbers increase or decrease in those areas?

I swear if you tell me they would decrease I'm going to fuckin' melt your hard drive with my mind, faggot.
    test
  12. MindTaker

MindTaker GFY

I don't know why I continue to argue with you. It's completely pointless. I'm never going to convince you that you're wrong and you're never going to convince me that

A) Semi-Automatic = Assault Weapon
    B) Punishing the vast majority of lawful gun owners and those that want to be lawful gun owners for the actions of a small minority of irresponsible fucks is that right thing to do.
    C) Not agreeing to B is the same thing as dismissing deaths.
    D) Anything incorporated is "evil"
    E) The tax code doesn't need to be completely rewritten from scratch and the old one thrown out so that it's actual fair.

And, it would decrease. Unless you'd want to charge Hasid Al Mohammad for protecting his cab and shooting some fucker trying to rob him.
    test
  13. Straight Upp!

Straight Upp! SHOWTIMMME

mindtaker and ravenous are best friends tbh
    test
  14. MindTaker

MindTaker GFY

I don't hate the guy at all. We might fall at polar opposites of the political spectrum but at the end of the day I think we both mean well regardless of which one of us is right. Even though it's usually me.
    test
  15. Ravenous510

qphaaaan..................... usureboutdat ............................... :twotimes:
    test
  16. Straight Upp!

Straight Upp! SHOWTIMMME

...lolganikcheesin
    test
  17. SiegeSupreme

SiegeSupreme Well-Known Member

This statement is completely false. A gun is a weapon like no other. Just because you can shoot people doesn't mean that you'd also be willing to stab them.

If I shot you all I have to do is move my finger a couple centimeters. I can do that from a safe distance, 25 feet away.

To stab you I'd have to first approach you and put myself in danger. Then, I'd have to actually thrust the knife into you, and force it into deep muscle/tissue. You have to be ALOT more fucked up to stab someone. It doesnt take balls to shoot
    test
  18. MindTaker

MindTaker GFY

Which is why I would want to have a gun on me if I was being attacked by some psycho with a knife.
    test
  19. Ravenous510

Look....here's Springer's final thought for you phaggits...

If you claim to be a "licensed responsible gun owner", that means you should, by all rights, have no problem with stringent gun legislation.

If you have all your ducks in a row legally, with no felony record or criminal history that would prevent you from purchasing a firearm, why wouldn't you advocate any law that would contribute to a longer more rigorous process for firearm purchases?

I mean, if you're legally eligible to purchase a firearm, that means that such a law ulitimately wouldn't affect your ability to purchase a gun in the future anyway, right?

I'll tell you why so many American gun owners oppose such legislation.

Because they're spoiled little brats. They want their toys and they want them now. The insatiable desire for instant gratification. It's a by-product of American citizenship, I'm afraid.

Gun enthusiasts want to be able to buy whatever gun whenever they want because truthfully, the majority of the gun violence perpetrated by humans upon humans is committed in urban areas, and traditionally, the sterotypical gun enthusiast doesn't live in a densely populated area.

The traditional gun enthusiasts of America reside in the more rural areas of the country, and that's understandable, because there are wide open spaces in those regions that allow for room to hunt, target shoot, etc.

But my point is that those gun enthusiasts are too selfish to realize that the legislation they so vehemently oppose would prevent gun violence in the urban centers of their states, and if it were to be passed, yes it might make it a little more difficult to purchase a firearm, or force them to wait a little longer for their next firearm purchase, but such legislation would prevent deaths in another part of the state or country.

But do the traditional gun enthusiasts take this into account before they make their argument? No. They don't. Because they don't live in an urban area where people are packing stolen pistols and using them in gang related or drug related violence. They live out in the boondocks and can't relate in the least to such circumstances.....which is sad, because as members of the human race, it behooves us to at least make an attempt at secondary role taking.

In closing, I'd just like to state for the record that anyone who claims to be a "responsible gun owner" in America, and yet vehemently opposes any legislation that would improve the monitoring of the sale and purchase of firearms in his/her state, or in the country for that matter, only displays his/her own irresponsibility when it comes to the issue of firearms in America.
    test
  20. Ravenous510

I agree.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.