1100$ Is My Spending Limit, This Is The Custom Computer I'm Buliding 4 Audio

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by PHENOMENON, Feb 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. auddasea

auddasea Im'a dope Producer !!

Dude I have the dell dimesnsion e521 with dual core AMD processing, 2GB DDR2 533mhz RAM, 250 GB hard drive at 7200 RPS ..with an upgraded Graphix card...The NVIDIA Geforce 256MB 7300LE w/ turbo cache How much... 520.00$$ I dropped the flat screen off which let me spend another 180.00 In upgrades...than I baught the delta 1010LE and a new preamp and mic and im STILL under a grand....

fuck wit me now?

Dell aint bad cpus if you upgrade them right...
    My shits fire
    test
  2. auddasea

And again I can't stress this enough...since your going to be running a windows, pc based computer you must stick with the AMD processors for Audio...Intel is SHIT for audio/graphic applications...

and word@ windows vista comment...dont get dude started...
    vista is asshole as of now still being in the debugging stages even though it has a shelf life? weird
    test
  3. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

dells are garbage unless you take out well, everything, and replace it with actual useful parts

in which case it's not really a dell anymore

intel vs amd, well, they're essentially the same now...having owned systems based around both processors, there's not really a noticeable difference with either processor
    test
  4. auddasea

^^ I think there is..I use to program python and perl and YOU try programming computer languages with an AMD central processing unit and tell me how far you get without a running batch script error lol..

Intel was made for string applications...when cpus first came out and home audio wasnt a big scene yet...

another diffrence is intels tend to overheat a lot easier due to the metal construct...in the long run this can be a very bad thing...

Oh and AMD costs 1/2 as much for a higher processing speed, and its dual front side buss.... Get a Amd thats supose to run at 2.3 and itll bench mark at 2.8 + to where as intels dont... plus the ram put into pentium based computers is twice as much cause its RDR....
    test
  5. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

Dual Core AMD Opteron Processor Model 2220 SE (2.8GHz 2x1MB L2 Cache 120w): $1371.86
    Quad-Core Intel® Xeon® Processor X5355: $1,342.85

AMD's more expensive for a slightly slower processor...intel clocks lower (by 0.14ghz) but has a faster bus speed (by 333mhz)

so what were you saying again?
    test
  6. auddasea

Intel Xeon Quad-Core 5160 3.0GHz 1333MHz 771pin 2x2MB CPU): 795.99

Im sayin you gotta know where to look ;-).....
    test
  7. auddasea

and as far as AMD...give me a sec
    test
  8. auddasea

Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Dual Core 64-bit Manchester 90nm 939Pins (Socket939) 2.8GHz FSB HyperTransport 1GHz L2 Cache): 424.99
    test
  9. auddasea

And the buss speed dont really matter cause on intel motherboards the North Bridge, and South Bridge are a lower bus and cache speed than on Amd based motherboards...so the info still aint goin as quick

Son I Will school you in computer knowledge...
    I use to build them for a living =-D
    test
  10. doctah

doctah I know how to do that...

The ram for pentium based systems is RDR? RDR? Why the fuck would anyone go buy a socket 939 AMD? The socket is dead. And $450 for a 4200+ It should be closer to $150-200. Intel is bad for audio/video?

When you figure out which chip you have in your dell, go to newegg and find the current price of that chip. Find the Core 2 Duo chip that is closest in price. Then go find ANY website with a comparison. For now - intel wins. Period. Might change in a month or 3...

I don't think I've ever disagreed w/ 100% of someone's posts before...but damn.
    test
  11. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

auddasea, try comparing two processors that are equivilant next time...

mine were highest end intel vs highest end amd....and it's basically even
    test
  12. auddasea

Thats the thing you CANT compare intel and Amd...

They both serve a diffrent purpose...and the AMD I showed you would bench mark 3.86...
    Plus AMD doesnt drop the quad processors till 2007 so how you gonna compare a quad with a dual anyways lolol?

Amd still throwin out dual, and could flatten a intel anyday..
    and yes intel is bad for audio/graphic applications...thats why dell came out with the AMD serious for gammers/designers...
    test
  13. auddasea

Technically BOTH CPU's suck for either or...go look into alienware and what not...
    test
  14. auddasea

Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Dual Core 64-bit << its X2 son...

do yall not know what your looking at lol?
    test
  15. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

dude, dell does NOT make good computers

why the fuck do you think they're so cheap? because they don't use good quality parts

if you're taking a dell system and changing everything in it, it's NOT a dell anymore, and there's no point to buying it lol
    test
  16. auddasea

Jesus arcane...
    we all KNOW that dell isnt high end technology for audio applications kay?
    The dude only got 1100 to spend son...He cant go buy a Apple, and He cant go buy Alienware...

but between everything else low end on the market dell is still in the lead...
    And everything he was showing us off that site he could get in a dell for cheaper plus add on things and make it an even better computer...

No shit dell sucks for audio...
    but in low end computer specs...dell is in the running lead
    test
  17. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

alienware for audio? gaming maybe...but not audio

the pc he's got listed is better than any shitty dell system he's going to be able to get for $1100
    test
  18. auddasea

^^They make an alienware line for audio...

And no the computer he has listed is the equivalent of what you can get out of dell...
    Plus itd be cheaper and hed have money left over for more upgrades...

400 dollars for 2gb of ram? dell offers that for 150.00...same ram bus speed and everything...its just dual sticks though...but who cares... better than 400 bux...

only thing better he listed was the motherboard but iuno how i feel about nforce anyways..I like the asus motherboards to be honest...

so if you do decide to go with a custom built dog hit up...

www. price watch .com << warehouse prices....;-)...
    test
  19. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

the same computer from dell is exactly the same price

the dell computer as a slightly worse dvd drive (16x instead of 18x), but other than that they're basically identical

the dell system runs vista as opposed to xp though, that's the other difference

edit: oh, and the dell includes a monitor...whoopie

it's got a shittier motherboard in it though
    test
  20. PHENOMENON

PHENOMENON Blessed By The Beats..

too late I already order the shitty computer walker help me bulid..lol

*shrugs*

I thought I was taking the good route by doing it this way..custom and all

niggas really make u feel like u brought the wackest computer on earth
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.