11 Satanic Rules of the Earth >> 10 Commandments

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by NightmareEx, Apr 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

And I'm not even kidding. Let's look at them, shall we?

10 Commandments

1. You shall have no other gods before me.

2. You shall not make for yourself any carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.

3. You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.

4. Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your manservant, nor your maidservant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

5. Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.

6. You shall not murder.

7. You shall not commit adultery.

8. You shall not steal.

9. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

10. You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor’s.”

Meh...cute but too many rules tie in directly to god's psychotic vanity and common sense. Now, 11 Satanic Rules...

1. Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.

2. Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.

3. When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there.

4. If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.

5. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.

6. Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.

7. Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.

8. Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.

9. Do not harm little children.

10. Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.

11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.

Now, which do you think would end up producing better human beings? Be honest (with yourselves).
    • Hot Thread Hot Thread x 1
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  2. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

the only ones i dont like about the satanic ones is treat someone who annoys you without mercy. Mercy is a good trait to employ.

and the if someone bothers you destroy him.... that seems extreme.

but you know the interpretation i have of it could be wrong, cuz when it says "if he wont stop bothering you destroy him" could be meaning that if someone is trying to harm you and wont stop, destroy him.

even god would want us to defend our lives.
    test
  3. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

Indeed. Extreme yes, but it seems like it promotes mutual respect among everyone. I mean imagine that as a deterrent. If you could just...massacre someone for harassing you, people wouldn't engage in those kinds of things nearly as much as they do now, unless they were prepared to possibly be terminated.
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  4. reggie jax

reggie jax Well-Known Member

i dislike satanic rules 7 and 11. for the 10 commandments i regard the first 4 as utterly useless.

i think that both these lists can be boiled down to a golden rule type truism but with a little more room for nuance: honor the social contract.
    test
  5. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

Overall the satanic commandments seem to promote a mutual respect, up untill 11.

say it were a worldwide rule it would be anarchy. Id have killed my whole block by now using that as an excuse...
    there would be people murdering people everywhere....

11 is just retarded

and yeah 7 is dumb as fuck
    test
  6. reggie jax

woops, i meant to say 7 and 10. 11 is a bit dramatic too tho.
    test
  7. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

haha whats wrong with 10?

sport killing is gay
    test
  8. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

the first four of gods commandments are stupid.

some of these satanic commandments sound stupid too. sometimes people need advice even when they dont ask. id hate to see someone disregarded over that commandment.

destroy someone if they annoy u? acknowledge the power of magic? lol

i dont like the christian ten commandments, but id have to say that they would make a better person than the satanic ones.
    test
  9. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

as a sidenote these are not the actual ten commandments. the actual ten commandments start at exodus 34:14 not exodus 20
    test
  10. reggie jax

there area few issues with it. first, it doesn't say don't kill for fun, it says don't kill for anything other than food or self defense. problem being that animal parts have historically had other uses which are arguably just as noble.

actually this is one area where i think some words from genesis are pretty much spot on: you have dominion over them. and we do. we've used them for transport, we've used them for cultivation of the land, we've placed them in captivity for the sheer purpose of entertainment as well as education, and in more modern times we've used them to test both materials and theories on them where it would be immoral to use humans, yet we've also restricted the behavior of other humans in an attempt to preserve dying species in nature. so there is a balance of respect for other life and the pragmatic reality that we can use them to our ultimate benefit where we see fit. in other words, dominion.

of course needless cruelty is sadistic and disturbing, but there's no need to pretend that their lives means more to us than our own advancement.

in terms of sport killing i see nothing wrong with it, though i don't hunt myself. it is a primal instinct that people tap into when they learn to track, stalk and hunt down prey. that is a fundamental part of our psyche to this day, so i regard it as a rite of passage for a man to explore that side of nature.
    test
  11. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

yeah you can, and its called poaching nowadays lol

but seriously, you could also get those things from that animal after you killed it for food. Which non-waste was an important strategy for survival back in the days of fending for yourself in nature.

fundamental part of our phyche? how so? we live in cities where food and clothes come from a store.

and in history there arent many civilizations that would hunt down a deer, kill it, and then walk away. There was always a survival purpose, which comes back to them using the whole animal. I highly doubt anybody but poachers kill a whole elephant just so they can have its tusk
    test
  12. reggie jax

my overall point was that we use animals as we see fit, so i don't see killing them as a serious moral issue if enslaving them or performing experiments on them is not. it's not that there are that many situations where i want the right to kill an animal and not eat it. it's that i think the rule is useless and runs contrary to the very structure of human society. we also tend to sympathize more with larger animals like deer while smaller yet more intelligent animals like rats are killed as pests without moral implications.

if you break down why it's wrong to kill animals the best argument you can get is that you should have empathy for their suffering. but we clearly can tolerate their suffering when it serves a purpose for us, so that to me is a useless rule based on an appeal to emotion. the life of a dear who is shot by a hunter >>>>>> the life of a cow bred to live in captivity and then be slaughtered. i reject the premise that the moral distinction lies in whether or not the hunter eats the deer.

you can't erase millions of years of development overnight. our lifestyle has changed drastically but our brains have not. the instinct to hunt is a drive that is separate from the instinct to eat; this is a necessary adaption because sometimes in those survival situations if you wait until you you are hungry to hunt then you will die.

i also don't know many hunters but the few i do know do eat deer. that's not to say they couldn't go to the store and buy a steak instead; it's not a survival need, it's still killing for sport. but i don't see a moral issue here even if they didn't eat it, unless the animal in question is endangered. the fact that many civilizations have not wasted the meat speaks more to the luxury we live in rather than any sort of immorality. i would argue that nothing is actually wasted, what humans don't eat will be eaten by other life and absorbed back into the ecosystem.
    test
  13. breathlesss

breathlesss Registered Sex Offender

I see only one essential commandment that if applied in a fully complete manner would over ride all religions' "commandments"

Do unto others AS YOU WOULD HAVE THEM do unto

With the capitalized part truly held to

Would you want someone to kill you for their own selfish motives?
    Would you want to help the entirety of humanity if it meant you would die?
    Would you want someone to properly put you in you place when its called for?
    If not, you should, and this is what is wrong with the world...
    There is a correct way to correct yourself, treat others like they are you...
    but the problem is, not everyone will get on the same page in the same instant, its impoosible to get the movement moving because there's so many already stuck in selfish greed
    test
  14. patrown

patrown student for life

-_o that's my point of week 12. wtf. nice verse btw.

it's been a tradition almost. Since Christianity and Islam started there has been murder and theft along with the greed.
    test
  15. breathlesss

breathlesss Registered Sex Offender

Damn Pat, your piece was killer, I wanted to do that picture but didn't have the religious knowledge details to make it good, you demolished that shit, seriously impressed.

I was watched one of the pyramid code shows and they had pretty much the same shit happen as with christianity/judaism, and it all went wrong when greedy priests started making people pay for spiritual salvation
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.