[11.25] D12 Responds To Fake Eminem Diss

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Mr Emil, Nov 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. V E R B I S M

V E R B I S M New Member

yep...
    test
  2. Noncentz

Noncentz Sieg Heil, M'fer!

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yhfTl43ZV-I&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yhfTl43ZV-I&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

It's been over since this track...

Canibus was murdered on that.
    test
  3. 3ternal

3ternal Stay hungry my friend.

No it's been over for Canibus ever since his first album.

He couldn't put together a cohesive album back then, he still can't.

Rap is almost entirely a popularity contest, and if your albums are all 1-2 good songs and a bunch of trash nonsense, you're never gonna be popular.
    test
  4. Noncentz

Noncentz Sieg Heil, M'fer!

Canibus can rap, no one can deny that. The problem with Canibus, and it's always been this that has stood in his way, is that he has nothing interesting to say. He has never been able to tell a story or convey emotion in his tracks and because of that listeners never got a feel for him, heck.. no one really knows who he is he hasn't said anything about himself really.

That's the difference between Em and Canibus, both good battle rappers - but Eminem excels in story telling and being able to make enjoyable, memorable, songs.

So even though a lot of time has passed since the last time we heard from Canibus it would seem as if he hasn't changed it's more of the same ... more battle raps and abstractions.. nothing that lets us in on the real Bis.

I haven't heard his new album but if he's smart the album will be a story about his life, his rise and fall - how he felt during it, the stuff he had to overcome how he feel now and where he thinks he's going...

Will that happen? probably not...

But he gets an A+ for persistence.

Dear Canibus : We know you can rap, we have ears - please no more songs about how good you can rap.
    test
  5. 3ternal

3ternal Stay hungry my friend.

The other thing I always felt Canibus has no control, or he just doesn't know when he's going too far.

What was that song with the girls from Zhane?

I remember first hearing it I fell in love with the beat, I love the hook I was thinking "awwww" on some Kanye- Hey Mama type shit.

And it started good, then before you know it Canibus is talking about himself as a sperm swimming in his mom's pussy- WTF???

I mean he dedicated like a verse entirely to that, it's actually pretty disturbing.
    test
  6. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

Canibus has always supported the insurgance of talented internet rappers. Back when I used to use forums and soundclick and stuff I put out my own 44 Fours in 2001 after I heard Canibus 33 Three's and someone showed me an interview with Canibus where he mentioned the track... it was for some almost no-name site where he answered questions from fans, but I remember specifically that he was bigging up the creative names of the people he sees online and the mentality behind it, that MC's would be coming along that're way ahead of what's currently out - basically that people just don't know.

Maybe Canibus alliance with DZK isn't just for his own personal gain, but for the hopes that he can align his fanbase with the mystique of the unknown class of "netcee" - which as we all know, is 99% based on Canibus and Eminem pupils. It's almost as if he's giving power to his own followers and legion, that may suffer from backlash of the stigma that surrounds the man, but may also benefit from being an example of the idea that what Canibus does as an MC with "metaphors from mars" IS common, IS hip-hop, and IS actually enjoyable to a substantial group of studious people in a veryh niche market.

Anybody who listens to Cunninglynguists or QN5 music really can't say boo about the concept of netcee's, and even DJ Danger Mouse of Gnarl's Barkley came up through the internet powered circulation and major label circumvention found in online distribution, marketing, and promotion when he released the Grey Album. Artists such as Prince and groups like Gnarl's Barkley are often unfairly credited with revolutionizing music distribution at the dawn of the P2P and ipod generation in a fashionable, mainstream sense, but it's really old-school napster heads and forum rappers that are a huge credit to it by creating a scene that's almost solely and entirely based in, of, and by the internet itself.

[youtube]2TMomTxTezY[/youtube]

/thread
    test
  7. Nomak

Nomak Active Member

Hey 3ternal, I think you're talking about "I Honor U"....the beat is all sweet and melodic and here comes Canibus with his rough voice, battle type approach lol. It's like watching a hardcore tattooed vato recite a love poem...awkward lol. I give Bis a gold star for being persistent his whole life...he's ill no doubt! He's gone through lots of criticism and hate throughout his whole career. Blackballed and all that...must be heartbreaking for someone that really cares about music.
    All that Canibus has gone through, you can kind of tell he's really stubborn and he refuses to change for people. Good thing, bad thing. You gotta stay creative instead of bragging about yourself on every track. he refuses to open up about himself and doesn't let people in. Then again, not everyone's trusting. I wouldn't really trust anyone either if I was him, Cani's always getting thrown under the bus...no pun intended. Peace.
    test
  8. YouKnowMe

YouKnowMe New Member

This track has turned out to be a horrible move for Canibus and an even worse move for DZK......

Wow....What happened to humble cats
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.