1028 - Eminem Ft. Rihanna – Monster [HH]

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Ameilius, Oct 28, 2013.

1. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

wow, tough crowd...

I'm not saying its the best song in the world or anything, but at least he's not yelling at the top of his lungs on every track anymore...

I like it better than berzerk and survival, because hes actually saying something.

and yeah, this is going to be like recovery 2 like someone said... but hell recovery wasn't ridiculously bad...
    test
  2. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

good post man. welcome to the board.
    test
  3. Ameilius

Ameilius Member

ohhhh opinions - gotta love'em ;)

my .02 = Em's in a league of his own - how motivated can one possibly get with no competition?
    test
  4. THEDONN

THEDONN One Love

2pac.
    test
  5. THEDONN

THEDONN One Love

this.

well said
    test
  6. SaintCity86

SaintCity86 Member

Berzerk was to this album as we made you was to relapse. The one song that doesn't fit, for the radio. That's why it's garbage to his fans, but went platinum.

Monster is another radio smash to sell the album.

Survival is getting a bad wrap. It's a good track. You can tell he was going for a Lose Yourself type of hyped up track. The only problem is, he's yelling on the track, so people are comparing it with Recovery, rather than Lose Yourself or Till I Collapse. Remember his yelling can be on point, and so far with this album, you can tell the yelling has been cut way the fuck back... That song was just supposed to sound like that. But people are giving it a pass cuz of the yelling though I'm sure. The third verse in survival goes hard.

I'm pretty sure it isn't gone be Recovery 2 though. Looking back, recovery was bad from the first songs he started promoting it with. Not afraid, won't back down... Album was doomed from the start. So far with the promotional tracks on this album, they've all been solid for the most part. Survival sounds like a newer version of till I collapse to me, I liked it. Played it out actually. Rap God is super solid. Both songs have shit lines, but seems like every Eminem song has a few of those as of late. All you can really ask for is replay value and for him to kill it. Which he's been doing. Even on that candy pop monster track.

I've still got high hopes for this album. I don't think he'd have the balls to call it mmlp2 if it didn't live up to the name.

What I mean is, there's a difference between him deciding to make an MMLP2, then writing songs according to the name of the album.... And making an album, listening to the project take form, and be so pleased with it that you decide to call it MMLP2. I'm hoping it's the latter of the two.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    test
  7. King-Vis

King-Vis Buy Any Beats Necessary

2Pac???
    test
  8. THEDONN

THEDONN One Love

yea u ever heard of him?
    test
  9. ThatsNotMyName

ThatsNotMyName The Conquering Lion

Eminem is the highest-selling artist in rap, that's fact.
    test
  10. THEDONN

THEDONN One Love

no he's not, its 2pac

eminem is a close 2nd

and its a damn shame he will end up surpassing pac when its all said and done.

dude had the worst fall off of any rap legend ever.

his boy 50 cent comes 2nd.
    test
  11. ThatsNotMyName

"His worldwide albums sales stand at more than 100 million, singles 120 million, and the estimated sale of over 220 million records worldwide."

"Shakur has sold over 75 million albums worldwide as of 2010."

Even though it has a margin of error, Eminem IS the highest selling artist in rap man, that's fact, come on now.

And btw, you never know man, 2Pac, Big, Pun and L could've fell off worse than Em, we will never know, asuming is a child's game.
    test
  12. SaintCity86

SaintCity86 Member

What do u mean we'll never know. They either did or they didn't. And they didn't. They were killed in their prime, pac and big anyway.

test
  13. THEDONN

THEDONN One Love

nigga pac wuz 75 mill in 07.

so em singles count, but pac's doesnt?

stop it
    test
  14. ThatsNotMyName

Because we will NEVER know how Pac or Big's music & impact would've been if they were alive.
    test
  15. THEDONN

THEDONN One Love

everything happens for a reason
    test
  16. SaintCity86

SaintCity86 Member

So your logic is, if it could happen, then chances are it will?

2pac was a black rap artist who bled into white America. Big not so much. But pac for sure. Look at snoop. He's another black rap artist that bleeds into white America. The only way pac or snoop can/could "fall off" is if they retired.

And let's not forget, Eminem only "fell off" cuz he wanted to, if he would have been putting as much effort into his music them 5 years, chances are this would be his 11th platinum selling album. Some people are just too popular to ever really fall off. I mean, eventually u get old and there's nothing u can do.

But pac, falling off.... No

test
  17. ThatsNotMyName

2Pac was not the only one with the rebel attitude. Look at Cube, he fell off a long time ago.

What did you say? Snoop didn't fell off?
    test
  18. koolbreeze1981

koolbreeze1981 Member

Shitty track. But then so was "Love The Way Lie." The Em/Rihanna collab can't work any magic so I hope this is the official end of them working together.
    test
  19. SaintCity86

SaintCity86 Member

I never said nothing about him being a rebel, so the ice cube reference doesn't really mesh, however, I'll clip it on you and use cube to further my point. Cud I didn't even think of him.

He's made me money of his movies then his music, so he was already rich, then started making even more bank with movies. And white people love him. Cube is so far from fallen off man. What world do you live in where "stopped rapping" = "fell off"

test
  20. SaintCity86

SaintCity86 Member

And no, snoop didn't. Cuz he's still relevant in the entertainment industry... Very relevant.

test